Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

On The Total Ban Slurs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The Total Ban Slurs (181 Views)

A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On The Total Ban Slurs by observanc1: 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2023
Hello Seun, I read your write up on the total ban on ethnic slurs and totally supported it.

On the comment section, someone asked you to give examples of the ethnic slurs you meant, so people would know when they go overboard, though the thread is now over 7 pages. And I dont have to go through all the 7 pages and counting to see if you responded to the question and what the response is.

What constitutes ethnic slurs should be stated in the body of the post. And should be added in the Rules.

There was a time I saw a post that someone asked whats afonja, and in my church mind, I say let me tell me the guy what I know. And explained a brief history of afonja as I knew it. Next thing a mod banned me for reasons that I dont know. Didnt take it to heart. When the ban elapsed I continued posting like nothing happened.

I remember a time the keyword here janaweed and later for every posting of the word, it was changed.

Seun, define the ethnic slurs, words like afonja, ipob and biafra? 'Lagos is no man's land' is not an ethnic slur though for sure.
Since that thread was created, nothing has changed. Just that now, for every statement, people quote and keep tagging the mods.

Thanks. My submission

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

24-year-old Achraf Hakimi Has Play With Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Neymar, Benzema / Good Education In Focus: Steam Laboratory Equipped And Donates To The Ministry O / The Buhari Years: An Era Of Gross Economic Fiasco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.