Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ (40034 Views)

Is Peter Obi’s Land Among 168 Plots Revoked By FCTA? Fact Check By Apendixx Mag / Peoples' Gazette Suspends Ayoola Babalola Who Posted Peter Obi & Oyedepo Call / No Peter Obi Didn’t Call APC A Yoruba Party - Fact Check By The Cable (Throwback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by trutharena: 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2023
An audio conversation reportedly between Peter Obi, the Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate in the 2023 presidential election, and David Oyedepo, the founder of the Living Faith Church or Winners Chapel, has surfaced online.

In the viral audio, both men can be heard discussing ahead of the February 25 presidential election about the Christian voting community in Nigeria’s southwest and north-central regions, and how to get them to support Obi.

Obi can be heard saying, “It is a religious war,” to which Oyedepo replies, “I believe that.”The story was first published on Saturday evening, and the audio was shared in MP4 format afterwards.

Following its publication, several social media users said it was a deepfake and the voices were AI generated.

CLAIM: Viral audio clip between Obi and Oyedepo is a deepfake.

VERIFICATION: FIJ subjected the audio to a deepfake test using Deepware, an AI tool used to detect alterations in audios and videos.

According to Deepware, the audio was not AI generated, and it underwent no technological alterations.

Although FIJ was able to establish that no AI was used in generating the voices or modifying the audio, the newspaper, as of press time, was unable to reach both men for comments on whether they indeed engaged in the conversation or people with similar voices to theirs did.

VERDICT: The audio is not a deepfake.

Source: https://fij.ng/article/fact-check-is-the-trending-phone-conversation-of-peter-obi-and-oyedepo-a-deepfake/

121 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by N3TRAL: 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2023
Na Pandora voice be that.

Make he swear before Okija shrine say no be him voice 😂 grin

Asiwaju is coming!

Kenneth Okonkwo, his spokesperson, has Confirmed the audio!

https://www.nairaland.com/7637302/keneth-okonkwo-leaked-audio-obi

385 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by Kewtt: 11:29pm On Apr 01, 2023
Good Obi can be disqualified on the basis of this alone

188 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by HNICEARTH: 11:29pm On Apr 01, 2023
Fake fact-Check

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by trutharena: 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2023
This is coming from fij, a news medium that is clearly anti-Tinubu owned by Fisayo Soyombo.

Peter Obi don enter am this time around. First Gazette and now Fij.

Two notorious anti-Tinubu news medium suddenly exposing Peter Pandora the religious bigot.

Sowore just tweeted it too lol.

349 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by DontBullshitMe: 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2023
Calling an election "a religious war" is Uthman Dan Fodio level of religious radicalism.

Far above Pantami, El Rufai and Buhari's level.

324 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by Okoroawusa: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2023
Obi and his followers are not finding it easy this weekend

339 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by Dindondin(m): 11:38pm On Apr 01, 2023
Make una allow Tinubu rule in peace.

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by Bobloco: 12:02am On Apr 02, 2023
Okoroawusa:
Obi and his followers are not finding it easy this weekend

It's actually the other way round

Peter Obi is at rest, the case is in court

While Tinubu and his APC supporters are the one not finding it easy, their propaganda machineries have been on an overdrive recently churning out lies and fake news

169 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by History555: 12:10am On Apr 02, 2023
Fake as the word fake. Tell us who recorded the conversation if they are so sure

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by Donjazet2: 12:15am On Apr 02, 2023
It's fake of course.

The APC propaganda machine is unmatched!

Do you know that many of the pro-apc commenters here on this forum are not casual users like you and I, but paid lackeys who are paid to try and manipulate and shape public opinion??

The owner has bursted a lot of their troll network but they keep coming back stronger.

Notice the unusual likes on some comments. The coordinated messaging from a group of them. Seunmssg, freestuf and some others.

Only fools will let themselves be decided by APC propaganda network.

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by ObidientOOseven: 12:43am On Apr 02, 2023
This election was actually a religious war , it's only foolish Christians and one Nigeria singers that fail to see it .
Muslim Muslim ticket for ruling party like APC no get Christians again .

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by Felabrity: 12:55am On Apr 02, 2023
Not surprised

The PG journalist that published it should be sentenced to 300 years imprisonment

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by flokii: 12:57am On Apr 02, 2023
Which yeye deepfake.. that audio I listened to is 100 percent real and it was clearly Peter Obi talking with the Living faith GO.. pay attention the the desperation in his voice as he kept mentioning Kwara because Oyedepo is from Kwara.

Emi gan machine.. lie detector.

114 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by GeneralPula: 1:01am On Apr 02, 2023
Omo..

Nah Pandora voice be that o..

354 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by GeneralPula: 1:03am On Apr 02, 2023
History555:
Fake as the word fake. Tell us who recorded the conversation if they are so sure
It can even be Obi himself..

You’re probably thinking recording is that big. No, it’s not. There are recording pen, micro spy camera and several micro recording device..

In this Obi’s case, his voice is clearer on the record. It means whatever that’s recording the conversation is closer to obi. If they give obi a recording pen, he won’t know. They’re just a normal pen but with a micro recording chip..

The recording of Atiku, Okowa & Tambuwal is also a real recording..

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by KwuoteYourFada: 1:07am On Apr 02, 2023
flokii:
Which yeye deepfake.. that audio I listened to is 100 percent real and it was clearly Peter Obi talking wuth the Living faith GO.. pay attention the the desperation in his voice as he kept mentioning Kwara because Oyedepo is from Kwara.

Emi gan machine.. lie detector.

Send me a five minutes recording of your voice I'll make TTS of you saying another thing I have the module in my Kali Linux

It's fake I can tell you that for sure.

Check fakeyou.com you'll understand what I'm talking about

A party that hired bishops cannot suprise me angry

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by flokii: 1:14am On Apr 02, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

Send me a five minutes recording of your voice I'll make TTS of you saying another thing I have the module in my Kali Linux

It's fake I can tell you that for sure.

Check fakeyou.com you'll understand what I'm talking about

A party that hired bishops cannot suprise me angry

Shey you wan dey whine me ni?..

Is it machine that will be saying 'yes daddy', 'I am in Onitsha now daddy'. bia take time o, don't insult my intelligence.

infact with the way things are going, the payment details of the alleged 2 billion Obi paid to CAN will soon come out.. maybe you'll tell us that one too is doctored.

88 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by Gucciblog: 1:20am On Apr 02, 2023
flokii:

Is it machine that will be saying 'yes daddy', 'I am in Onitsha now daddy'. bia take time o, don't insult my intelligence.

infact with the way things are going, the payment details of the alleged 2 billion Obi paid to CAN will soon come out.. maybe you'll tell us that one too is doctored.

Shut up bingo

When did Obi start voting in Onitsha

Abii you no hear that part too?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by KwuoteYourFada: 1:24am On Apr 02, 2023
flokii:

In Onitsha? grin
A day before election obi was already in Agulu
Odogwu rest biko
It's fake like your bishops
I wouldn't be surprised you also defended APC when fake bishops were paraded to endorse them smiley

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by KwuoteYourFada: 1:26am On Apr 02, 2023
Gucciblog:

Shut up bingo

When did Obi start voting in Onitsha

Abii you no hear that part too?
Ndị uchu
Ndị uchu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by FreeStuffsNG: 1:39am On Apr 02, 2023
trutharena:
An audio conversation reportedly between Peter Obi, the Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate in the 2023 presidential election, and David Oyedepo, the founder of the Living Faith Church or Winners Chapel, has surfaced online.

In the viral audio, both men can be heard discussing ahead of the February 25 presidential election about the Christian voting community in Nigeria’s southwest and north-central regions, and how to get them to support Obi.

Obi can be heard saying, “It is a religious war,” to which Oyedepo replies, “I believe that.”The story was first published on Saturday evening, and the audio was shared in MP4 format afterwards.

Following its publication, several social media users said it was a deepfake and the voices were AI generated.

CLAIM: Viral audio clip between Obi and Oyedepo is a deepfake.

VERIFICATION: FIJ subjected the audio to a deepfake test using Deepware, an AI tool used to detect alterations in audios and videos.

According to Deepware, the audio was not AI generated, and it underwent no technological alterations.

Although FIJ was able to establish that no AI was used in generating the voices or modifying the audio, the newspaper, as of press time, was unable to reach both men for comments on whether they indeed engaged in the conversation or people with similar voices to theirs did.

VERDICT: The audio is not a deepfake.

CC: Mynd44

Source: https://fij.ng/article/fact-check-is-the-trending-phone-conversation-of-peter-obi-and-oyedepo-a-deepfake/

Now I agree with those who said the nation truly dodged a bullet and serious religious war by rejecting Mr Obi at the polls.
All the Nigerians who voted against Mr Obi and LP are the heroes of our democracy. Mr Obi and Bishop were never part of those who fought for our democracy so they are ready to truncate it on divisive unpatriotic reasons.

I am not surprised at all and I am once again embarrassed again that we need to call on DSS to arrest, thoroughly investigate and prosecute these people.

If Bishop and Mr Obi are not prosecuted, another bigot will do far worse in the next election. I expect many more revelations in days to come. All those Enenche, the one in Oke Afa giving fake prophecies and the one from Auchi and the one who saw a candidate with name in the Bible should all be investigated. We must make them face the law so that others will learn not to use religion as a basis to incite religious war in Nigeria.

What a shame. Even Kwara where Bishop Oyedepo hail from voted for APC's Asiwaju Tinubu while his base in Ogun state voted massively for Asiwaju Tinubu too.

If only God were men ehn, Bishop Oyedepo and Mr Obi would have gotten two states and even the SW states on account of religious bigotry.Wow!! This God ehn. He truly rules in the affairs of men. God pass dem!

APC and the Presidential Elect media team must petition DSS officially on this one o. They need all these evidences to prove that their opponents are people who do not and never meant well for Nigeria. All patriots must rise up and condemn Bishop and Mr Obi.

As stated in that audio, Bishop Oyedepo actually released that content with that title he stated in the audioleak and Youtube date on it indicate it was uploaded on 23rd of February, two days to the election which is the last day of campaign.

Watch the video and link it up with his promise made to Mr Peter Obi and you will see that FIJ is right with its verdict that the audio leak is true

https://m.facebook.com/SonsAndDaughtersOfBishopOyedepo/videos/nigerians-it-is-time-to-think-forward-no-mumu-mumu-votes-please-covenanthourofpr/738479137923112/

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by DesChyko: 1:45am On Apr 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I am not surprised at all and I am once again embarrassed again that we need to call on DSS to arrest, thoroughly investigate and prosecute these people.

Somebody who is not surprised at all is at the same time embarrassed..

Even being fake require a pedigree of smartness to perfectly execute 😎

9 Likes

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by FreeStuffsNG: 1:50am On Apr 02, 2023
DesChyko:

Somebody who is not surprised at all is at the same time embarrassed..

In your own 'smartness', surprise is same as embarrassed abi. smh.
Not your fault, it is DSS that keeps giving some of us concern on how efficient they are in protecting our democracy from the unpatriotic religious and tribal bigots.

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by FarahAideed: 1:51am On Apr 02, 2023
If true the why was the phone call of a major contestant being bugged?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by DesChyko: 2:00am On Apr 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
In your own 'smartness', surprise is same as embarrassed abi. smh.

It doesn't even require smartness to count your tongue with your teeth but since you obviously can't do that, I can give you one last audience.

If you're not surprised at all, that's because you already knew what to expect and are prepared for it. How can you become embarrassed over something you're prepared for when you are not surprised by it? 🤷🏾‍♂️

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by FreeStuffsNG: 2:03am On Apr 02, 2023
FarahAideed:
If true the why was the phone call of a major contestant being bugged?
What if it was actually Bishop Oyedepo's phone that was bugged because of his previous inciting remarks. His statement suggesting that all the Nigerians who vote for Asiwaju are mad was being repeatedly shared and quoted here by followers of Mr Obi so he will be of interest to high level security monitoring.
Now it has gone beyond bugging to the merit of if there was intention to commit crime and if crime was actually committed. Not even MURIC declared the election as a religious war so this is serious.

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by KingsCity: 2:04am On Apr 02, 2023
He did the right thing even if he asked for Christian votes

3 Likes

Re: Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ by FreeStuffsNG: 2:11am On Apr 02, 2023
DesChyko:

It doesn't even require smartness to count your tongue with your teeth but since you obviously can't do that, I can give you one last audience.

If you're not surprised at all, that's because you already knew what to expect and are prepared for it. How can you become embarrassed over something you're prepared for when you are not surprised by it? 🤷🏾‍♂️

Now I get where you struggled with the comprehension. Go and read my comment again albeit slowly.

To assist you with the comprehension, I stated clearly that I am not surprised by the reported action of both Bishop and Mr Obi because all the antecedents were all over but as a citizen who expects more from a serious organization like DSS, I am embarrassed that this kind of news made it into the media while the duo are yet to be taken for questioning by DSS perhaps until we request DSS to do so like APC Governors insisted few days ago that DSS should arrest and prosecute all those who want to subvert our democracy.

I will no longer respond to you so you will not derail this thread with your inability to comprehend my comment.

92 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu / Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) / Remove Subsidy And Crash Your Currency - Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.