Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

This Woman Got A Breast Exam On Live TV. No Bra, No Blurring. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Woman Got A Breast Exam On Live TV. No Bra, No Blurring. (1504 Views)

#NoBraDay: Nigerians Mark No Bra Day 2023 / #NoBraDay 2021: Nigerian Women, Others Mark 'No Bra Day' (Photos) / No Bra Day: Nigerian Ladies Share Braless Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Woman Got A Breast Exam On Live TV. No Bra, No Blurring. by Kei144(m): 6:23am On Apr 02, 2023
Model Leeanne Adu, right, signed up to get a breast exam on live TV from Dr. Sara Kayat, left, because she knows "firsthand how critical early detection is."

A woman got a breast exam on live TV. No bra, no carefully draped gown, no blurring.

On the British talk show This Morning, model Leeanne Adu, who wears a size 38JJ bra, disrobed and had Dr. Sara Kayat perform a physical exam at 10:30 a.m. BST Monday.

"Part of the examination for breasts is looking and feeling," Kayat said in the segment. Kayat talked about the importance of looking at your breasts from the front and side during an exam. "We're feeling for lumps here," she said, walking the audience step-by-step through her process.

While breast cancer awareness and the importance of self-checks are regularly talked about on television, it's rare for a real person, as opposed to a dummy or simulation, to be used in such a way.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1640289819141066756

Adu tells Yahoo Life that she was diagnosed with stage III, grade 3, triple-negative breast cancer in 2020 when she was 35. "The cancer had already spread to my lymph nodes, but knowing my body and breasts meant I found it before it spread further," she says. "So when I saw the call for someone to participate in a live breast exam, I instantly put myself forward because I know firsthand how critical early detection is to survival rates."

Adu has finished treatment and says she "lives firmly in the camp of saying yes to things that might change my life, and this was one of those yes moments."

Adu says the response to her segment has been "overwhelmingly positive. ...To hear so many people will be checking their breasts and chests makes me so happy."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/breast-exam-tv-174605579.html

(1) (Reply)

Body/hand/leg Shaking! / Trying To Find A Nigerian Hospital / Severe Anxiety Help Me!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.