Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Why Is This Happening To Me? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Is This Happening To Me? (547 Views)

Free Live Javascript Training Class Happening / What Is Happening / What Happening Nairaland?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is This Happening To Me? by chukwuebuka65(m): 11:51am On Apr 02, 2023
Nowadays, when I visit a website instead of consuming the data I went there to get , I will be looking at how the ui is designed, whether I can replicate it exactly the way it is including any animations or transitions that maybe happening. All through last night while i was on twitter , I was thinking of how to replicate that subtle effect that happens when you like a tweet. Will this continue or does it stop at a point.
Re: Why Is This Happening To Me? by CodeTemplar: 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2023
It will stop soon. It doesn't last...lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Happening To Me? by truthCoder: 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2023
In FAANG, that single animation you saw on Twitter’s like button could have been one team’s OKR for a whole quarter.

You thinking about being able to replicate it is good and a practical method at keeping your skills on the front burner.

What you dont use get forgotten.
Re: Why Is This Happening To Me? by chukwuebuka65(m): 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2023
CodeTemplar:
It will atop soon. It doesn't last...lol.

I hope so.
Re: Why Is This Happening To Me? by chukwuebuka65(m): 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2023
truthCoder:
In FAANG, that single animation you saw on Twitter’s like button could have been one team’s OKR for a whole quarter.

You thinking about being able to replicate it is good and a practical method at keeping your skills on the front burner.

What you dont use get forgotten.

A whole quater? Is that how hard the animation is?
Re: Why Is This Happening To Me? by airsaylongcome: 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2023
Funny thing is it's cuts across most of the tech field. When I call FibreOne customer care or Access Bank customer care (God punish the two of them), I'm always thinking about the telephony dialplan used to route me to the eventual agent that picks my call. From the IVR through to the music-on-hold through to the ultimate dial plen element (queue? ring group?) that gets me through to the agent. I smile a bit when a then try and replicate it in an imaginary dialplan in my head

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Happening To Me? by truthCoder: 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2023
chukwuebuka65:

A whole quater? Is that how hard the animation is?

No. Not hard.

But many factors come to play.
In summary, hope your modification wont break something else, hope it is going to have a positive UX, memory and compute cost, etc etc.

For the animation itself, each step of the transition must be reproducible and follow design exactly as intended on different devices. The translations must not overlap nor cause unintended judders etc.

By the time you are done, it is 3 months.

If you are the only one man machine, maybe you just implement it while lying on the bed and deploy before breakfast

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Happening To Me? by chukwuebuka65(m): 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2023
truthCoder:

No. Not hard.

But many factors come to play.
In summary, hope your modification wont break lo something else, hope it is going to have a positive UX, memory and compute cost, etc etc.

For the animation itself, each step of the transition must be reproducible and follow design exactly as intended on different devices. The translations must not overlap nor cause unintended judders etc.

By the time you are done, it is 3 months.

If you are the only one man machine, maybe you just implement it while lying on the bed and deploy before breakfast

Lolz@bolded
Re: Why Is This Happening To Me? by Obasempiree(m): 9:21am On Apr 03, 2023
chukwuebuka65:
Nowadays, when I visit a website instead of consuming the data I went there to get , I will be looking at how the ui is designed, whether I can replicate it exactly the way it is including any animations or transitions that maybe happening. All through last night while i was on twitter , I was thinking of how to replicate that subtle effect that happens when you like a tweet. Will this continue or does it stop at a point.
its always like that when you find out how things work in development or design etc. How long have u been into tech?
Re: Why Is This Happening To Me? by chukwuebuka65(m): 10:24am On Apr 03, 2023
Obasempiree:

its always like that when you find out how things work in development or design etc. How long have u been into tech?

I cant really say exactly how long .I jumped around from one language to another for a considerable amount of time, from php to mysql to c to c++ to nodejs to bash scripting . But I have focused on the frontend for more than a year now.
Re: Why Is This Happening To Me? by niel63(m): 10:30am On Apr 03, 2023
Its a good thing... it means your interest level in what you're doing is quite high. You actually love making the web better... the excitements it sends to your brain smiley

Most times, you'd actually figure out how to do it in your head before writing any piece of code.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Internet Explorer Shortcut Keys / In Need Of Microsoft World...................will Appreciate Any From Here / Knitting Accessories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.