Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,526 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City (13658 Views)

What Southampton Players Did After Being Humiliated By Leicester / Aden Marwa: Kenyan Referee Sacked By FIFA - World Cup For Receiving $600 Bribe / Klopp β€œsick” As Liverpool Are Dumped Out Of Carabao Cup By Leicester City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by CureMe: 2:29pm On Apr 02, 2023
Leicester City have sacked manager Brendan Rodgers following a fifth defeat in six Premier League matches.

The Foxes dropped into the relegation places with a 2-1 defeat by Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Rodgers was appointed in February 2019 and led the club to its first FA Cup triumph in 2021.

But in a statement, chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said performances and results this season have been "below our shared expectations".

"It had been our belief that continuity and stability would be key to correcting our course, particularly given our previous achievements under Brendan's management," he added.

"Regrettably, the desired improvement has not been forthcoming and, with 10 games of the season remaining, the board is compelled to take alternative action to protect our Premier League status.

"The task ahead of us in our final 10 games is clear. We now need to come together - fans, players and staff - and show the poise, quality and fight to secure our position as a Premier League club."

There have now been 12 managerial departures in the Premier League this season.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/64278178.amp

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
That's accountability...something Nigeria has never seen and will never see under APC

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by CureMe: 2:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
Reinaldo:
That's accountability...something Nigeria has never seen and will never see under APC
Well said..

7 Likes

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Soulsymbol99: 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
Wen Chelsea wan do the needful? Abi dem wan go relegation ni?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by CureMe: 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
Soulsymbol99:
Wen Chelsea wan do the needful? Abi dem wan go relegation ni?
I really can’t wait to see them in the EFL championship next season

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by habsydiamond(m): 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2023
Potter will be the next coach to be sacked.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by HeartlessMan: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2023
Emmanuel Amunike will replace him

3 Likes

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Nonso3310: 3:13pm On Apr 02, 2023
habsydiamond:
Amen

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by elefind(m): 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2023
To be sincerely honest in my humble opinion without being sentimental of course without offending anyone who think differently from my point of view and without hiding any thoughts in my mind and without lie, to the actual truth with my clearity open minded and clean heart, expressing what ever embedded inside me for a long time which I did say just because I was nervous. But today, by gathering all the courage and motivation, I just want to say that I actually feel and think that I have no opinion concerning this

πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

3 Likes

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Investorozay: 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2023
Chelsea dry sleep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Bubu4Sea: 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2023
Na so court go sack Druggie

14 Likes

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Brendaniel: 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2023
wow....
Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by crazygod(m): 3:28pm On Apr 02, 2023
When is Klopp leaving? He is out of ideas and it's showing seriously on the team. angry

4 Likes

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by samwash(m): 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
I hear say the guy is coming to Chelsea.

3 Likes

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by ATEAMS: 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
Overdue
Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Passionate888: 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
Should have remained in the Scottish Premier league. He wanted to roll with the big boyz grin grin

This reminds me of the song by TLC, the lyrics goes like this; Don't go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by money121(m): 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ok
Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by StraightGaay: 3:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
Pep is next

1 Like

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Quest7777: 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
2 categories of coaches:
Those Sacked &
Those waiting to be Sacked. cool

10 Likes

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by steveodo(m): 3:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
Long overdue

2 Likes

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Pakerlokor: 3:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
It would have been done a long time ago. He can no longer motivate a good squad. A manager that had opportunity to qualify for champions league on 2 occasions and blown it away with just 3matches to end a season; is that a manager?

6 Likes

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by sevo(m): 3:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
And yet that Harry Potter guy still has a job..this life no balance

4 Likes

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by OmotolaBoy(m): 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
Thanks For All You Do Brendan!

1 Like

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by scholarsfunding: 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
Sack Potter now.....

4 Likes

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Angelfrost(m): 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
Overdue by at least 3 months!

I was beginning to think Foxes were starting to fancy playing in the Championship again!

Man has a better team than Fulham, Crystal Palace, and 5 others, yet can't seem to win games!

Might be his players have since quit on him!

Coaches should learn to resign while the ovation is still loud or when things are really going South!

Leicester should make effort to scoop up Pochettino before Spurs make up their minds!

3 Likes

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Golan007: 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
habsydiamond:

Potter must remain.

3 Likes

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Cantonese: 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
Na waoh.
Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Angelfrost(m): 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
sevo:
And yet that Harry Potter guy still has a job..this life no balance

Todd Boehly is taking a cue from Arsenal and Arteta!

Chelsea might be headed for the title next season under Potter...!

...That's if they are still in the EPL!!! lipsrsealed

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by fredoooooo: 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
Life goes on ... soldier go soldier come, barack go still remain .
No player or coach is bigger than any team , team made you not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Femisol(m): 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
Rodgers very calm, finest and one of the best performing British Coach I have known in a while.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by Buffalo2(m): 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
When you have senior man and decide not to use him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked By Leicester City by free2ryhme: 3:45pm On Apr 02, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CAF, NFF, United Celebrate Ighalo At 31 / Tuchel Finally Tastes Defeat As West Brom Beat Chelsea 2 - 5 At Stamford Bridge / With Two Games, Two Wins, Falconets Advance To Quarter-Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.