Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Oyedepo Breaks Silence On Leaked Audio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyedepo Breaks Silence On Leaked Audio (523 Views)

Abba Kyari: Abdul-Azeez Suleiman Caught On Leaked Tape Seeking DCP's Extradition / Journalists Who Sat With Amaechi In The Leaked Audio Tape Scandal Speak / Presidency Reacts To ‘leaked’ Audio Of Amaechi Criticising Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo Breaks Silence On Leaked Audio by MadeINchenzen2: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church says he has never campaigned for any politician during any election in the country.

He said this on Sunday at the church’s headquarters in Ogun State while speaking on the subject of faith.

This come less than 24 hours after an online newspaper, Peoples Gazette, released an audio where Obi solicited the support of Oyedepo to help get votes from Christians in South-West.

The former governor of Anambra State also stated that the votes were needed because the 2023 presidential election was a religious war.

“Daddy, I need you to speak to your people in the South-West and Kwara, the Christians in the South-West and Kwara.This is a religious war. Like I keep saying: if this works, you people will never regret the support,” he said in the audio.

In his reaction, Oyedepo said he never spoke to any group of people on behalf of any politician.

“Nobody had ever told me what to say in this world. No. I have never campaigned for anybody or speak on anybody’s behalf and I will not do that till I go to heaven.

“There is no (political) party in this country that didn’t come to me for prayers and for advice. I advised them, some, they didn’t take. Those who chose to take it, they see results; those who said no, they are going about it (laughs). If you still come again, I will still tell you, it doesn’t change,” he said.

The audio had attracted criticism for Obi, with some of his supporters saying it was doctored.

But in a statement in the wee hours of Sunday, Kenneth Okonkwo, spokesman of Labour Party Presidential Campaign, verified the authenticity but claimed it was taken out of context by critics.

Earlier, Director General of Obi-Datti Presidential Campaign Organisation, Balogun Akin Osuntokun, told Daily Trust that he had nothing to say on the matter.

“I have nothing to say on this,” Osuntokun said when contacted over the phone.

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-oyedepo-breaks-silence-on-leaked-audio/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stTKZ6iAqD4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyRnkwkvz5k

Mynd44 Nlfpmod

Re: Oyedepo Breaks Silence On Leaked Audio by SLAP44: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria, know this and sleep well at night.

Re: Oyedepo Breaks Silence On Leaked Audio by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
APC is a party of criminals currently generating fake news and fake audios concerning man of integrity Peter Obi. The whole world knows about the level of criminality in APC
Re: Oyedepo Breaks Silence On Leaked Audio by MadeINchenzen2: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
Dele Farotimi: In A Country Governed By Law INEC Chairman Should Be In Jail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FA9NzWgujs
Re: Oyedepo Breaks Silence On Leaked Audio by Olamila: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
The question is why are we denying the fact that nigeria is in religious war. The problem people think of here is religious war or politician can't beg for vote again. I don't personally see anything wrong in the audio, i was trying to hear that obi is giving money to the church to vote for him.
Re: Oyedepo Breaks Silence On Leaked Audio by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2023
APC is also the worst thing that has happened to Nigeria since 1960
Re: Oyedepo Breaks Silence On Leaked Audio by ChatterHouse: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2023
Y
Re: Oyedepo Breaks Silence On Leaked Audio by BuhariAdvocate: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
grin
SLAP44:
Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria, know this and sleep well at night.
Re: Oyedepo Breaks Silence On Leaked Audio by BuhariAdvocate: 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2023
Well I believe that there's nothing peter obi can't do to win the election because he so desperate. And bishop too hate his brother from becoming president just because of religion the same Tinubu that not care about religious if not because of lesser hajj he do go hardly you will call him a Muslim.
Re: Oyedepo Breaks Silence On Leaked Audio by biaframaster200: 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ok daddy

.thank you daddy

Thank you daddy
Re: Oyedepo Breaks Silence On Leaked Audio by naijapips04: 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2023
This confirms the leak. Obi did seek support from Oyedepo from the call. Oyedepo is saying others did as well.

Obi is a desperate despot who would have lit Nigeria on fire. We should be thanking God every Sunday that he will never rule Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Ijaw Leaving Legend Clock 90 / Onaiyekan: Swearing In Tinubu Before Tribunal Delivers Verdict Makes No Sense / Former Governor Salutes Hilda On Her Contest To Break Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.