Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Should I Get Married To Her Now? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Get Married To Her Now? (26147 Views)

Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) / Woman Married To Dead Man For 5 Years - The Sun (Photo) / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Denco2023: 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2023
Odin13:
Relocate with the funds you have bro.. dollar is going up and won’t stop..
No job guarantee in Nigeria .. especially for hustlers .. maybe except you’re managing yours and know too well the secret of that business..

Love is an illusion.. is never real.. it always fade with time .. beside she’s still young.. make she gather experience of life .. while faithfully waiting for you..
give your self a year or two and build develop yourself outside the shores .. learn new things and stabilize..

If she’s still available.. you can make the commitment..if she’s not .. you’re a lucky being.

Is yourself first.. self first… stable family.. then you can add another family .. before your “ own” family.. I mean kids ..

Good luck

Guy you too much, this advice touch my kidney, Kai nice1, you suppose the counsel people

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by starz100: 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
GarvinDre:
No job in Nigeria.

There are some ways to make it , learn a tech skill , but you need a side hustle to pay your data subscription and be able to feed.

You cannot learn a tech skill on a hungry stomach , you go run leave that tech skill...lool

If you are in Lagos or any of the cosmopolitan cities, you need some tools.

- Phone , internet , Laptop (not necessary) , facebook, instagram page, twitter, jumia, konga, facebook maeketplace, etc.

- go and learn how to run ads.

- know how to take good pictures.

- use a good logistics company for deliveries.

Enter street, look for big time importers, negotiate with them. Tell them you will bring customers and sell thier products very fast.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them sales, make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.
Thank me later when you hit your first M.
Please can you teach someone how to run ads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by theophorus(m): 8:10pm On Apr 11, 2023
Allisgud:
can u explain why u come up with no 4 on this topic

If you claim to be doing well in business at 27 and do not have your own personal house, then you are not doing well.

Adding Wife and children to it means except your business experience a Boom, you may never be able to build a house.

Don't forget that Business is not pensionable and so if anything happen along the way na Wahala, so preferably before He go dey claim doing well, hope say He don build House.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Airoflaw(m): 8:39pm On Apr 11, 2023
Slizzords:
Good day familylanders, i consider this part of nairaland as a place with lots of reasonable and mature people so i would like to table my matter here.

Am a 27yr old guy and I have been dating this girl of mine for the past 3years now, she's 24yrs and we have been good, she works in a corporate organization and i also hustle for my daily bread too. I have been able to save a good amount of money, though i don't have tertiary education but have got a very sound mind.

Recently she brought up the issue of marriage and asked me when i intend to come and do the needful, i have met her mom and siblings on a few occasions and the vibes i got from them looks positive. I know she loves me and i also share the same affections for her.

The issue is i don't know if i should relocate abroad with the funds at my disposal because of the situation of this country or remain in naija and proceed with marriage with her.
you can do both. Who elaborate wedding help. Just go church let pastor join you together and plan your relocation use her as home tie later send for her to come and work as dependant
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by 2mch(m): 8:40pm On Apr 11, 2023
Marry her, ensure you improve yourself education wise, go back to school and you both can relocate in future. Don’t use all your life savings for wedding. There is still marriage after and women like good life.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by akins33: 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2023
Go abroad and get a better life you are still both young.Marriage is an illusion,...you are still young..apply for citizenship in watever country u settle in.Your unborn generation will be forever grateful to u.

She may even have someone by the side already.

Guy think of yourself first.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by LordReed(m): 8:57pm On Apr 11, 2023
Slizzords:
Good day familylanders, i consider this part of nairaland as a place with lots of reasonable and mature people so i would like to table my matter here.

Am a 27yr old guy and I have been dating this girl of mine for the past 3years now, she's 24yrs and we have been good, she works in a corporate organization and i also hustle for my daily bread too. I have been able to save a good amount of money, though i don't have tertiary education but have got a very sound mind.

Recently she brought up the issue of marriage and asked me when i intend to come and do the needful, i have met her mom and siblings on a few occasions and the vibes i got from them looks positive. I know she loves me and i also share the same affections for her.

The issue is i don't know if i should relocate abroad with the funds at my disposal because of the situation of this country or remain in naija and proceed with marriage with her.

Advance yourself first, marriage can wait.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Allisgud: 8:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
theophorus:

If you claim to be doing well in business at 27 and do not have your own personal house, then you are not doing well.

Adding Wife and children to it means except your business experience a Boom, you may never be able to build a house.

Don't forget that Business is not pensionable and so if anything happen along the way na Wahala, so preferably before He go dey claim doing well, hope say He don build House.
ur head correct,I say make I wyne u small
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Kaido: 8:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
Slizzords:

Do you think she would think twice about you, if she has any opportunity to travel abroad?

Use your head, bro

3 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by sniperr007(m): 9:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
Slizzords:

Wife her ASAP.

Thank me later
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by dmahn(m): 9:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
Slizzords:

If travelling is more important to you, do so, if making a family is more important, then get married. It's so simple. You know your priorities, nairalanders don't. Follow your heart. I nono wetin all una dey rush go do for abroad grin, I'm not just moved a bit. I'm very confident that I will do well in my country. Ibi tì ọ̀ka bá wà ní oúnjẹ ọkà tí má wá nba. No loose her if she's a very good girl sha oo... Money wey u go bring from abroad might not buy you someone ever close to her cool

I heard someone said she's young.. Haba 24 is young for a lady.. How?.. So na until 28 wey pressure go Don dey bàa
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by 007s(m): 9:07pm On Apr 11, 2023
Do Small thing on her head and Japa with her

For UK Japa, let her do M.Sc while you huzzle.... to improve your income in the UK, you can learn skills in plumbing, construction or areas that requires physicality....i don't think you should regret it.

Trust me, it doesn't make sense living your other half in Nigeria and travelling, even if she is a good girl, temptation can easily set in....
However, the best country to relocate to at the moment is Canada but for your case, i will advise UK cos of the ease of getting Student Visa with dependants
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by captaininiobong(m): 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2023
Slizzords:

Mehn I would say 3 years I good though, but check out the lady and be very sure she isn't agigated to get married. See her annoyance level if she can listen to you and be with you. To me na japa sure pass o, japa go hustle for yanki, get name get brand , call her to come. 27 and 24 is okay for marriage but if I be you mehn I will japa and go out, get sharp job and invite her. With this you will know if she still loves you and can wait, likewise you.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by meobizy(f): 9:36pm On Apr 11, 2023
Do what you have in mind.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by MrIyke002(m): 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
think twice, it is not always easy for one to relocate unless you have a reliable source[b][/b]
Odin13:
No job guarantee in Nigeria .. especially for hustlers .. maybe except you’re managing yours and know too well the secret of that business..

Love is an illusion.. is never real.. it always fade with time .. beside she’s still young.. make she gather experience of life .. while faithfully waiting for you..
give your self a year or two and build develop yourself outside the shores .. learn new things and stabilize..

If she’s still available.. you can make the commitment..if she’s not .. you’re a lucky being.

Is yourself first.. self first… stable family.. then you can add another family .. before your “ own” family.. I mean kids ..

Good luck

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Blupen969(m): 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
slizzords marry that girl and grow with her, i promise you, you will be shocked at how slowly your life will change for better there is wealth in true love, don't mind those telling you to go abroad, oga you wan go begin suffer from beginning again and for what?? money?? your babe is working you are working, set rules no child till after 2years, so that you can save money and start a business oga own it you are a man, no ask another man for permission to live your best life
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by rickleye: 10:21pm On Apr 11, 2023
Hmm hmm hmm.
Does your business translate abroad.( can you do the same thing you are doing here abroad ) .
Without a university degree how you do want to relocate and work . ? Unless you are working at Walmart , Amazon loading & shipping or driving Uber things will be hard.
My advice - Marry her here ( so the introduction ) and then relocate together. While she’s doing the 9-5 thing, you can do whatever you need to do to support yourself to establish a career . Either drive Uber of work in shipping.
A good woman is hard to find. Yes there a many women abroad but not everyone would understand that you need to build a house back home or that you want to support your siblings or hers. No every woman would know how to make your favourite dish and treat you right .
Whatever your decision I wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by gfelo(m): 10:21pm On Apr 11, 2023
Bros if your income is stable fine, but if ur hassle is not bringing a stable income, I mean money that will continue coming regardless of whatever policy, because na money dey make marriage sweet o.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Connected1: 10:35pm On Apr 11, 2023
Marry her but do it small, don't break the bank so that you have enough funds to relocate or boost your business.

Financial Stability is a mindset, if some people can afford basic things of life without begging then they are Financial stable, others need the whole world.

If she's a faithful woman, after marrying her you can impregnate her then set up a business for her and relocate or if you are really financially okay as you presume then relocating has no value.

Just my tips.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Poleski: 10:39pm On Apr 11, 2023
Slizzords:

Sane people mostly save to invest in order to make their lives better before thinking about marriage.

My advice is to go abroad to get yourself financially settled. When you're ready to marry, you can then marry her if she's still available.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by geniusaustin(m): 10:41pm On Apr 11, 2023
Evergreen4:
Do introduction and pay her bride price. Then relocate abroad, when you settle down you can then bring her along through study route. At least getting study visa is a bit easy.

But Bro, I would love to key into this your kind of hustle if you don't mind. Son of man have seen shege pro max in this country

Introduction is good to a certain level
Things might change when you test the western life style. Never commit to anyone !

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by princetom1(m): 11:09pm On Apr 11, 2023
Do what makes you happy... No be all these adviser go help u carry ur cross. Know wat u getting into, plan well and pray for guidance.
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2023
Some women are Blessing in our lifes, don't underrate that promising lady for NL advice, do whatever you can to carry her along
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 11:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
Odin13:

Good luck

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Nyceguy92: 11:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
The OP says he has saved enough money and he loves his girlfriend who works. So I don't see reason why he shouldn't go ahead and marry her. Weddings need not be extravagant.

When people say " go abroad, make money, then marry," they give the impression that once he gets there, he begins to money without the enabling paperwork, which takes time.

If the OP leaves, the girl will definitely marry someone else almost immediately.

It is always a story of sadness and frustration when families give their daughters out in marriage to men who later travel out to hustle. And I have seen several such cases.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Tayorshd2(m): 12:21am On Apr 12, 2023
God bless you for this truly u ate an adult because the only point I was Abt saying is she is still very young so she won't understand the meaning of commitment in marriage.

So make d guy chill and gain more life experience

Odin13:

Good luck

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Tayorshd2(m): 12:26am On Apr 12, 2023
So u believe a girl with M.sc will marry a guy without higher qualifications in this with century 😲

I tire for u oo

007s:
Do Small thing on her head and Japa with her

For UK Japa, let her do M.Sc while you huzzle.... to improve your income in the UK, you can learn skills in plumbing, construction or areas that requires physicality....i don't think you should regret it.

Trust me, it doesn't make sense living your other half in Nigeria and travelling, even if she is a good girl, temptation can easily set in....
However, the best country to relocate to at the moment is Canada but for your case, i will advise UK cos of the ease of getting Student Visa with dependants
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Goodnigga: 2:00am On Apr 12, 2023
Who love help? I left my girlfriend in Naija to move on with my life. Had I married before I decided to travel, then POF may not have been complete. Family responsibilities won't even make you wanna travel. Forget love for now. Babes plenty everywhere. Once u travel and u begin to see clean babes, you will thank God that you were not yet attached before u travel.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by pdclab1: 2:01am On Apr 12, 2023
Hello, I am with my brothers in the TV room . We can all read from you at the same time.

Here are our comments

PDC-
instead of people to be living for today,
they be living in the fear of tomorrow
where as it isn't even promised . LOL

Edd-
Bro marry yo babe today if you both agree and understand what it is

PDC-
hehehehe Nigga have so many good visions of himself from here to many years counting.
Everyone dreams like that but what about the other dreams that unfolds in our very reality? hehehehe

Edd-
Maybe go abroad and after 10 years of hustling without being told by one other prophet on nairaland you wake up
with realer eyes to realize that yo blow is in yo current hustle heheheheheh,
then you go catch head hehehehehe,

PDC-
returning back to 9ja go come be problem
hehehehehe

you no go amount ticket lol.

Edd-
We all had some sort of dream

PDC-
thats Game
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Goodnigga: 2:09am On Apr 12, 2023
advanceDNA:

Why is marriage and relocating not happening together.?? Why u wan abandon wedding for travelling
....tell her ur plans.... do small wedding for registry.....japa together.... e go pay una working together making the money...
na u go finance both. You know how much it takes for two people to japa. You know what it takes to survive for obodo oyinbo?
Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by Anonymoususher: 2:46am On Apr 12, 2023
At 27yrs you are too young for that marriage.... Don't argue with me on this, in Nigeria as we speak the marriage bracket for guys starts from 30yrs up. Don't fall for silly pressure from ladies to tie you down.

Just 3yrs difference is too close, once she starts giving birth she will appear like your big sister and will challenge the hell out of you.

Look around any age gap should begin from 7yrs and above. Believe me on this, I have alpha males on this table as friends who got married to wives they gave 3yrs gap and just in space of 5yrs in the marriage, wives are looking like their mothers while they go around chasing smaller girls. One literally is constantly being challenged by the wife at home.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married To Her Now? by AirbagsNg: 4:57am On Apr 12, 2023
Slizzords:

Dont use the money you saved for marriage. Work with a budget. Max 500k. If she thinks it is too small, she can add too. As she is earning. You also need a plan, a vision. When your woman understands why you do the things you do, they follow you easily. So discuss about your long term goals with her

Marriage opens doors. When I married, I no get shi shi. But I had a goal, and how I was going to achieve it. I am not lazy, my wife isn't either. I have always had cause to wish I had married earlier, because everything turned around.

I sold some things, and added the monies people sent for support to start a business. A quarter was what I used for the wedding.

I can recall when we went for intro, and they brought list, and what they were planning for wedding. My people they hold mouth to talk. Right there, both parties knew was going to be running the home. Told them, I am rich now, and very soon, I will be extremely wealthy. Your daughter will never suffer. Any monies I have now is towards the sustainance of the family we want to build. The event will go, only pictures will remain.

Bro. God has blessed me..

I want you to get married, and discuss your plans with your fiancé. If she wants you to spend your savings to do wedding, she's not the one.

And going abroad... Mehn, don't follow the Herd.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo / Father And Daughter Cry Together At Her Wedding (Photos) / Akashat Ny'mat Reacts To Sokoto Teenage Couple: 17-Year-Old & 15-Year-Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.