Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay (15728 Views)

Rave & Roses Becomes 1st African Album To Cross 1 Billion Streams On Spotify / Davido - Timeless Album (Full Tracklist) Audio / Wizkid Posts Davido’s Timeless On His Instagram Story And Twitter Page. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by TheDemola: 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2023
Nigerian Afrobeats superstar, Davido has achieved another record-breaking feat in his stellar career as his latest album ‘Timeless’ has broken the record for the all-time biggest first day streams for any album on music streaming platforms– Spotify Nigeria and Boomplay.

This has added to the plethora of milestones the album attained since Davido announced the release of the much anticipated 4th studio album on his social media pages in the early hours of Friday.

On Spotify Nigeria, the 17-track album tallied 4.91 million streams on its first day of release— surpassing the previous record of 1.36M by Burna Boy’s ‘Love, Damini’ (July 8, 2022).

The album debuted with 3.61million streams more than the number of the previous record held on Spotify for first day streams (4.91 Million streams).

Davido’s ‘Timeless’ leads the biggest first day streams by albums on Spotify Nigeria since 2022.
Timeless tallied 4.91M to lead Burna Boy’s Love, Damini–1.36M, Wizkid’s More Love, Less Ego–1.21M, Asake’s Mr Money With The Vibe –992k, Fireboy’s Playboy– 524k, Rema’s Rave & –Roses 396k, and Omah Lay’s –Boy Alone 335k

Davido also leads the biggest second day streams by albums on Spotify Nigeria since 2022.

Davido’s Timeless tallied 2.19M to lead Burna Boy’s Love, Damini–794k, Wizkid’s More Love, Less Ego–734k, Asake’s Mr Money With The Vibe –556k, Fireboy’s Playboy– 271k, Rema’s Rave & –Roses 219k, and Omah Lay’s –Boy Alone 200k.

Similarly, Davido’s “Timeless” album also breaks the record for the biggest first day streams on Boomplay— its 7.25M streams on opening day surpasses the previously set record by Burna Boy’s “Love, Damini”(3.38M).

Furthermore, all 16 new tracks on ‘Timeless’ occupy the first sixteen spots on the all-time list of biggest opening day streams for any single in Spotify Nigeria history.

The album intro, “OVER DEM” records the highest with 460,000 streams on the platform on March 31. Davido’s “OVER DEM” breaks the all-time record for most single day streams for any song in Spotify Nigeria history, over 2x the previous record (460K).

The 17-track album features Nigerian artists such as The Cavemen, Fave, Asake, DMW’s latest additions, Morravey and Logos Olori as well as multiple Grammy-award winning Beninese-French singer-songwriter Angelique Kidjo, British-Nigerian rapper Skepta, South African music producer/DJ Musa Keys, and Jamaican dancehall/reggae singer Dexta Daps.

Also on the album is the Focalistic-assisted track “Champion Sound,” which was released in 2021.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/davido-timeless-breaks-first-second-day-stream-record-on-spotify-boomplay/

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by NobleSeed(m): 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2023
Hardly listen to Nigeria songs...
Anyway good for him 🕗

23 Likes

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Zenzu01(m): 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2023
I'm happy that Davido's album is a hit and breaking records.

God always have a way of compensating someone. OBO is a good man, so he deserves it.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Ayomidew: 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2023
Zenzu01:
I'm happy that Davido's album is a hit and breaking records.

God always have a way of compensating someone. OBO is a good man, so he deserves it.
Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by dyera(m): 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
On Spotify Nigeria, the 17-track album tallied
4.91 million streams on its first day of release— surpassing the previous record of 1.36M by Burna Boy’s ‘Love, Damini’ (July 8, 2022)

Jesus see the gap.

Davido's fans have long been hungry for his new song, that's why they rushed to go stream his new album.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by TheBTCinvestor: 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
Like if u think the album is pure nonsense angry

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
This TIMELESS album is da BOMB mehn!
Big Ups Davido.

All his albums are hits back2back.

OMO BABA OLOWO doing Big things.

OBO himself.
Keep enjoying the life of your head.
YOLO.

Nice one Omo Baba Olowo kiss

The unnecessary hate towards Davido is actually so terrifying!
It’s insane how people still question his music.
Gobe was a hit,
Fall,
Ekuro,
IF,
Fire,
Dami duro,
Overseas,
Skelewu,
Like that,
Risky,
One ticket,
Gallardo,
Nwa baby the list goes on.... all are hits back2back!!
Not forgetting the one we are jamming at Woke street off Abacha Rd, GRA phase 3 right now... JOWO, as we are enjoying the World Cup Finals, routing for Messi!!

Davido made Nigeria Music industry very easy for upcoming artists.
He is ready to jump on your song just to get you to the top of the game.

All of us @[/b] can't stop smiling and shaking our as$es to the way he was singing [b]Agege WA o, on the song small Doctor featured him, increasing his fan base in Agege wink wink)

From all of us @[/b] : You are mouthed Davido.

GoodIsGod:

You made sense.
I think haters just hate the guy to feel cool. They all know he is gifted.
[b]GBAMSOLUTELY!!!

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by oxygenlove(m): 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
Hmmm... Hope e no use lyrics wey get "Make water carry me dey go faraway, Faraway"....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Anoosman(m): 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
Great unlike that clown that calls himself dbull

10 Likes

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Sleekfingers: 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
Ok
Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by pocohantas(f): 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

I gave the first like.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by treesun: 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by aare07(m): 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2023
Grace shall locate us

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by GodPrince: 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
I don't listen to these days Nigeria music regardless of the musician whether new album or not, I know it's trash and my generator sound will always make more sense to my hearing than 99% of the noise gullible people enjoy as Nigeria music

3 Likes

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Kingluqman(m): 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:
Just keep hating... I guess you have been listening to Aba version of the album grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Gasayi(m): 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
Very nice off him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by funsho75(m): 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
cool

He trend no mean say he make sense

Na just promotion

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Westernlove: 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
As expected.

He paid his Dues in full.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by GodPrince: 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
So what do you now want us to do about it?
Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Youngkhaleepha3(m): 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
Obo is a man with golden heart, that’s why ppl love him

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Afriifa(m): 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2023
pocohantas:

I gave the first like.
I gave the 8th

5 Likes

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by KingTom(m): 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2023
pocohantas:

I gave the first like.
You beat me to it grin

2 Likes

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Nkwazemakennyj(m): 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
pocohantas:

I gave the first like.

Enemy of progress spotted😂

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Irupetepete: 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2023
Ok
Feel has been on replay since morning...
Never underestimate the power of influencers..

Sydney talker made me like that song

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Topmaike007(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2023
dyera:

Jesus see the gap.

Davido's fans have long been hungry for his new song, that's why they rushed to go stream his new album.
Even WizKid fans streaming it also

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by seanwilliam(m): 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2023
Nice. OBO

1 Like

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Neddstark: 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2023
Which song there is a hit abeg?
I can't waste my time listening to a whole album looking for the hit.
Burna delivers anyday anytime. At least 50% of the songs in his album are hit standard.

6 Likes

Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by 190: 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2023
stop lying! grin
Re: Davido ‘Timeless’ Breaks First, Second Day Stream Record On Spotify, Boomplay by Rahkman: 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2023
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? / Renaissance: Tems Credited As A Songwriter On Beyonce's Upcoming Album / Funke Olayode (nigerian Celine Dion) Abused, Tormented And Homeless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.