Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Obi's Audio Real But Doctored, Released By Prodigal Brother - Media Aide | Sahar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi's Audio Real But Doctored, Released By Prodigal Brother - Media Aide | Sahar (188 Views)

Nnewi Prodigal Brother Leaked Obi & Oyedepo Conversation - Valentine Obienyem / Buhari's Picture Doctored To Add Face Masks To Deceive Nigerians / IGP Ibrahim Idris' Transmission Video Was Doctored - Police Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi's Audio Real But Doctored, Released By Prodigal Brother - Media Aide | Sahar by NigerianAngelo(m): 9:35am On Apr 03, 2023
https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/03/prodigal-anambra-brother-leaked-peter-obis-phone-conversation-bishop-oyedepo-theyre

Highlights:
1. The audio is real but was Doctored (cut and join).

2. Released by "prodigal" brother from Nnewi.

3. APC have set up a Committee in NBC (Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation) to review all Obi calls in the last three years.

Sahara Reporters | April 03, 2023

As controversy continues to surround the leaked audio telephone conversation between the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi in the 2023 election and Bishop David Oyedepo, Obi's Media Assistant, Valentine Obienyem has revealed that the audio was released by someone known to them.

Oyedepo is the founder of the Living Faith Church Worldwide and the presiding bishop of the Faith Tabernacle in Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria.

According to Obienyem, like Obi, the person in question is from Anambra State. Obi is a former governor of Anambra.

Obienyem said the person is from Nnewi in Anambra but stopped short of mentioning his name.

He described him as a "Nnewi prodigal brother" but noted that the audio was doctored to leave out some elements that would have provided some context in order to smear Obi's character and reputation.

In the leaked phone conversation, Oyedepo prayed for Obi, saying, “In Jesus’ name, we are going to get a bright tomorrow,” with Obi replying by saying, “When I hear these prayers, it is very dear to me and like I keep saying, if this thing works, you people will never regret the support.”

Continuing the conversation, Oyedepo said, “We look forward to God’s intervention,” to which Obi responded by saying, “Thank you, Daddy. I need you to speak to your people in the Southwest and Kwara. The Christians in the Southwest and Kwara.” Bishop Oyedepo said: “Okay.”

Obi continued by saying, “This is a religious war,” with Oyedepo responding immediately, “I believe you, I believe that. You know, I did a release, ‘Nigeria going forward’ and I’m coming out with the second one today.”

Describing Obi's phone conversation as badly doctored, Obienyem said Obi was saying "that in a society like ours, religious balancing was a necessary consideration and that their recklessness (referring to All Progressives Congress) had made Christians to assume it was a religious war."

He stated: "I heard they set up a Committee made up of some people from National Communications Commission, headed by our prodigal brother from Nnewi.

"They are reviewing all calls Obi made in the last three years, and especially now to see if he mentioned Interim Government or anything that will make them prosecute him for treason when and if they take over."

"Till now, they are yet to see any. The badly doctored conservation with Bishop Oyedepo released by our Nnewi prodigal brother is the much they have discovered so far.

"They edited out the Muslim-Muslim ticket that led to the discussion, where Obi said that in a society like ours, religious balancing was a necessary consideration and that their recklessness had made Christians to assume it was a religious war," he added.

Speaking on the option of waiting for another four years, Obienyem said, "Nigerians want the judiciary to quicken the process and complete it before the 29th.

"On the logic of waiting for another four years, I can only say that with what the man did even when he was not the president, we can deduce what he can do as President. At that time, there might be no voting but declared results.

"This is a case of elders destroying the country!"

Earlier, SaharaReporters reported that the situation had led to confusion in the Labour Party camp with contrasting statements coming from spokespersons for the party’s presidential campaign council.

For instance, the Head of Obi-Datti Media Office, Diran Onifade, in a statement in Abuja, on Sunday, described the leaked phone conversation as fake.

Onifade described it as proof of the desperation of the ruling All Progressives Congress to retain power by all means.

He said, “It appears the All Progressives Congress’ desperation to grab and retain power by foul means has refused to go away more than a month after they have grabbed the election as they planned.

“While we are toeing the constitutional path to retrieve our mandate, those who have truncated the wishes of the majority of Nigerians have recoursed to mischief and endless subterfuge to continue to hold on to what they know does not belong to them.

Re: Obi's Audio Real But Doctored, Released By Prodigal Brother - Media Aide | Sahar by Abfinest007(m): 9:38am On Apr 03, 2023
What's APC afraid of
Re: Obi's Audio Real But Doctored, Released By Prodigal Brother - Media Aide | Sahar by Dreal1247: 9:38am On Apr 03, 2023
THEY HAVE SEEN THAT THEY CANNOT WIN IN AN OPEN ROBBERY CASE. THEY HAVE NOW DECIDED TO ENGAGE IN MIRAGE CHASING. SEEING WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE WHO FOUGHT AGAINST OBI IS SUFFICIENT INDICATOR THAT ALL THE CONSPIRATORS INCLUDING THE MAN WHO SOLD THE MANDATE ARE GOING DOWN.

1 Like

Re: Obi's Audio Real But Doctored, Released By Prodigal Brother - Media Aide | Sahar by Dreal1247: 9:44am On Apr 03, 2023
King James Bible
And Haman told Zeresh his wife and all his friends every thing that had befallen him. Then said his wise men and Zeresh his wife unto him, If Mordecai be of the seed of the Jews, before whom thou hast begun to fall, thou shalt not prevail against him, but shalt surely fall before him.
Est 6:13

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fct Apga Senatorial Candidate Ezekwugo Congratulates Kingibe, Calls For Support / Oyo Assembly Approves Makinde's N50 Billion Loan Request / 10th Assembly: For The Sake Of Equity And Fairness, North Central Deserves Speak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.