Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada (19045 Views)

Tinubu’s Election, Greatest Legacy Of President Buhari – Governor Oyebanji / Osita Okechukwu: Supporting Igbo Presidency’ll Be APC, Buhari’s Greatest Legacy / Jamiu Abiola: Nigerians Blast Abiola's Son Over Comment About Buhari & MKO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by AnonPoet: 11:18am On Apr 03, 2023
Pharm Abdulkareem Mohammad Jamiu is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy in Kogi State

I have never been one to talk about politics. The intrigues of it; the power play and the entire chaos of it is something that acutely reminds me of a game of Russian Roulette.

when asked about my views on politics my response was I would never stake my neck out for any male candidate in power except he was my father, my brother, husband or my son. These men l could at least vouch for, this men i’d stake my life for.

My views on men in positions of power for many years was that they were dictatorial, driven by self aggrandizement and at their worst Machiavellian.

Until I met Pharm Abdulkareem Mohammad Jamiu

I had the good fortune of meeting Chief Asuku sometime in 2016 when he was the serving Director of Protocol to the Governor and what struck me about his personality was his eagerness to learn, he was so committed to being the best at his job and becoming an embodiment of the quest for excellence that the new direction administration represented.

It was no surprise when I heard that that he had gone to some finishing school for Protocol Officers to build on his capacity to deliver on his assigned role as Director of Protocol. I remember commending his work ethic to a work colleague, I also remember the spiteful response that this was “initial gragra” a farce that would end in no time.

Many years later Pharm Asuku has continued to prove naysayers wrong and dispel the myth that political officers are only concerned about filling their stomachs. Almost one decade later Chief Asuku’s zeal, passion, commitment and stellar results that have come from the Office of the Chief of Staff while he served in that role is testament to this.

When we talk about legacies, what comes to mind are projects made of brick and mortar. Legacies manifested in infrastructure cut across sectors in Education, Works and Housing, Agriculture, Health Care, Security, Environment, Social Welfare to mention but a few. Governor Yahaya Bello has created indelible marks in this sectors and created very big shoes that whoever becomes his successor must consolidate for the good of our beloved Kogi State.

Legacies however go beyond brick and mortar projects, the Business Strategist Peter Strople says that Legacy is not leaving something for people. It’s leaving something in people.

I like to think that the greatest legacy of Governor Yahaya Bello will not be the many legacy projects equitably spread across the three senatorial districts of Kogi State. The greatest legacies of Governor Yahaya Bello when he leaves office will be choosing a worthy successor to consolidate on his gains.

There is a lot riding on the choice of the man or woman who becomes the next Gubernatorial Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC). Whichever candidate is selected as Gubernatorial candidate will be man or woman with the fear but most importantly an utmost sense of loyalty to his principal and to the party, loyalty that is not shrouded in gimmicks. Most importantly he or she must be a candidate with tremendous social capital, one who enjoys good will with a geographical spread across the three senatorial district because a good product sells itself.

I could think of no other person that fits this description than Pharm. Abdulkareem Mohammad Jamiu.

Taking a cursory look at the bigger picture, you will agree that the good people of Kogi State are united by the very things that divide us as a people; our religion and our different ethnicities. Now more than ever, we need a leader that see’s humanity before religion and collective progress before ethnicity.

Pharm Asuku has walked side by side with his Excellency Governor Yahaya Bello throughout the course of his administration, like a willing pupil eager to learn from a revered maestro. This pupil has gone through the training and has graduated in flying colors. His stellar achievements while he was the Chief of Staff, despite the fact that he was the youngest person to hold this position in the country is proof if you ever needed one.

In spite of this wins, Pharm Asuku has stayed authentic and true to his values of humility, diligence and the absolute fear of God.

I do not know a lot about many things but I do know that if I was ever in a position where i’d have to pick a successor, authenticity would be the value that I would be on the lookout for. Authenticity counts so much in a political climate like ours where loyalties sway at the drop of a hat.

And we can all agree that Pharm Abdulkareem Mohammad Jamiu is authenticity personified.

https://thenigerianpost.com.ng/pharm-abdulkareem-mohammad-jamiu-is-governor-yahaya-bellos-greatest-legacy-in-kogi-state/

2 Shares

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by IamANigerianMan: 11:44am On Apr 03, 2023
Nonsense, Politicians are thives , criminals,mureders, heartless , crooks etc

36 Likes

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by BlackAdams007: 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2023
All this write ups for what, 🙄 there's no good politician as far as Nigeria is concerned.

No hard feelings🤗 Please contact me for your Academic assignments, chat up on WhatsApp- see number on my signature below 👇

28 Likes

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by Serviceweb: 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2023
This is serious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by vastolord4(m): 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2023
Jokers! Kogi better vote for a better candidate than for a party with axes, spades and guns

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by soloehis(m): 12:29pm On Apr 03, 2023
May GYB never happen to Kogi again

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by alfredo4u(m): 12:29pm On Apr 03, 2023
The day Godfatherism will disappear in Nigeria politics....

I bet u guys, our country will be better than most civilized countries.....

That's why we must believe in ObiDatti Mandate....

Party without Godfatherism.....LP

Give us ObiDatti and Nigeria will be great again and better.....

It's high time we the youths take back our Mandate...

16 Likes

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by SMARTMOTORS(m): 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2023
This is the time we need Hon. Patrick Obahiegbo and Pastor Chris Okotie to be explaining the situation in the country to us.....cuz I really don't understand what's happening anymore!

4 Likes

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by Oscarchims: 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2023
All praise be to God
Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by bigdammyj: 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2023
Noted.
Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by Fortune118005(m): 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2023
Hmmmmn

What has Gov. Bello done for Kogi state?

List them

5 Likes

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by GeneralPulal: 12:32pm On Apr 03, 2023
IamANigerianMan:
Nonsense, Politicians are thives , criminals,mureders, heartless , crooks etc
What’s paining you?
Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by barbstee(m): 12:34pm On Apr 03, 2023
Good luck to him
Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by KingLennon(m): 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2023
Criminals, thieves, polithiefcians....Bala Blu's cheesy

Trust them at your own peril...

3 Likes

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by Father4all: 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2023
Is he Igala or Igbilla?
Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by BossGerald: 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2023
Apc is a party of rogues

3 Likes

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by Gasayi(m): 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2023
Jokers! Kogi better vote for a better candidate than for a party with axes, spades and guns

2 Likes

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by 4ward4: 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2023
It is the turn of Okun..nothing less nothing more

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by BossGerald: 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2023
Father4all:
Is he Igala or Igbilla?

Wetin concern you yoruba Muslim?

3 Likes

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by Krugisback(m): 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2023
What legacy

1 Like

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by Gasayi(m): 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by Quodseverismete: 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2023
Another alert paid adverts.

We don't want to buy this your cook and bull story

8 Likes

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by maleekberry: 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2023
Dey play

1 Like

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by Ashirioluwa: 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2023
Okay, I heard you

1 Like

Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by excomarow(m): 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2023
angry
Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by adecz: 12:53pm On Apr 03, 2023
undecided
Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:58pm On Apr 03, 2023
Pastor for Nigeria politics na thief, no one is saint in politics
Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by Adeyinkaaf: 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2023
Make we wait & see
Re: Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada by NoreagaTim: 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2023
Wahala dey ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Sings As He Celebrates At His Innauguration Party (Video) / Photos: Jonathan Receiving His Honorary Doctorate Degrees From Bingham Universit / FG Declares December 25, 26 As Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.