Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits (1839 Views)

EFCC Reveals Next Line Of Action As Yahaya Bello Obtains Court Order / Kanu's Lawyer Reveals Next Action As FG Objects To Court Order Releasing Kanu / EU Ambassador Visits Shettima And Lalong At Tinubu's Campaign Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Nigeria247News: 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2023
By NAN

Nigeria’s Climate Diplomat and the Ambassador of the EU’s European Climate Pact, Professor Aniebiet Inyang Ntui has written an article exploring the relationship between climate change and geological activity as the African Continent is Splitting. The article which offers a valuable contribution to the discourse on climate action was published on WeDontHaveTime AB (publ), a reputable Swedish-based social network dedicated to addressing climate issues.

The article explains how melting ice caps in Greenland and Antarctica are causing a significant shift in the weight distribution of the Earth’s crust, leading to pressure on the East African Rift System and increased rainfall in the region, causing erosion, and further weakening the Earth’s crust. This process could exacerbate the geological activity in the African Rift System, leading to more frequent and severe incidents.

The article stresses the urgent need for action to mitigate the potential impacts on the region’s people and wildlife, as East Africa is home to a significant proportion, over 40% of Africa’s mammal species, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and plants. Millions of people also depend on the land for their livelihoods, making the situation even more critical.

The article is a timely reminder of the need for urgent action, by continuously monitoring the region’s geological and climate conditions and implementing measures to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions.

Aniebiet Inyang Ntui, the author of the article, is a Nigerian Climate Diplomat and Professor who has served as the Ambassador of the EU’s European Climate Pact since December 2022. She has chaired panels at various international conferences, including the 2022 United Nations Biodiversity Conference, the 2022 G20 Bali Summit, and the 2022 United Nations Climate Change Conference. She was named by the Web of Science as the “Most Read Researcher in Nigeria” and is the current University Librarian at the University of Calabar, Nigeria.

(NAN, EuroNews Green)
https://www.opinionnigeria.com/eu-ambassador-climate-diplomat-calls-for-urgent-action-as-african-continent-splits/
https://app.wedonthavetime.org/posts/c99a279f-97f4-41ae-ab63-2966f9be1c9e/

Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Ganimu: 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2023
Nigeria is not in the list
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Hezzyluv: 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2023
Judging from the pictures, na to just build bridge connect the tin back.🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Obi4Ever: 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2023
God Save Africa
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Adedoyin27(f): 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Sapa23: 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Dude, it is just starting we are laughing now in a couple of years the whole east africa will float away.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Hezzyluv: 9:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
Sapa23:

Dude, it is just starting we are laughing now in a couple of years the whole east africa will float away.

So we should start crying now bayi?😭😭😭

2 Likes

Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Nuhskhut: 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2023
They are on a visit to meet their neighbour,Madagascar.

2 Likes

Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Nuhskhut: 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2023
All in all,we are still Africans.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Nice2023(m): 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2023
What have we gained ever since being together?
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Sapa23: 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2023
[quote author=Hezzyluv post=122275837]
So we should start crying now bayi?
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2023
Ganimu:
grin grin grin

Baaaad guy grin grin grin
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Nigerialabalaba: 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2023
Anoda Abalaka and Phillip Emegwali don dey load.

Africa no dey split shishi. If na gully erosion na hin dey split continent, Anambra don split from naija teytey niyen

Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by NigeriaLibrary: 12:47am On Apr 04, 2023
Himtulie247:
grin grin grin
Baaaad guy grin grin grin
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by InforEduNG: 4:47am On Apr 04, 2023
Wow.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:20am On Apr 04, 2023
Sapa23:

It will take millions of years, much more than the "couple of years" you suggested.

2 Likes

Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by okpukpu(m): 6:26am On Apr 04, 2023
Continental splitting takes millions of years and there's nothing anyone can do about it if it is bound to happen

1 Like

Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:51am On Apr 04, 2023
okpukpu:
Continental splitting takes millions of years and there's nothing anyone can do about it if it is bound to happen

Thank you very much.

I didn't believe every word the professor said about climate change in all this. I smell a hidden EU agenda to foist a silly régime of satanic "climate change policies" on the continent.

The Rift Valley in East Africa is a product of same tectonic plates activity, and it took millions of years to create the Rift Valley. Nobody adduced climate change reasons for that. Tectonic plates will move, climate or no climate change. We see these scenarios play out severally in San Francisco, this is nothing new; so what's the fuss all about.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by NANReporter: 9:18am On Apr 04, 2023
Volksfuhrer:

Thank you very much.

I didn't believe every word the professor said about climate change in all this. I smell a hidden EU agenda to foist a silly régime of satanic "climate change policies" on the continent.

The Rift Valley in East Africa is a product of same tectonic plates activity, and it took millions of years to create the Rift Valley. Nobody adduced climate change reasons for that. Tectonic plates will move, climate or no climate change. We see these scenarios play out severally in San Francisco, this is nothing new; so what's the fuss all about.

What does the EU Want from us? Prof Aniebiet Ntui is talking because she is one of us and she cares deeply.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Obi4Ever: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2023
Climate change is real. Stop talking trash.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Volksfuhrer(m): 12:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
NANReporter:

What does the EU Want from us? Prof Aniebiet Ntui is talking because she is one of us and she cares deeply.

I knew before hand she was one of us: the very reason why I suspected a hidden agenda against us. Who else would they have used to midwife their agenda for Africa if not one of ours? With due respect to the professor, It was disingenuous of her to put tectonic activities that span millions of years to produce significant rifts and climate change in the same equation.

And did you say,"What does the EU Want from us"? A whole lot! For starters, the endgame of many Western Nations policies (EU inclusive) in Africa is all to keep Africa poor and underdeveloped: call it "conspiracy theory" if you like. Climate change policy in Africa is no different, It will further deepen poverty and underdevelopment because it is costlier to implement!

I know, all this still begs the question: "why would they want Africa poor and underdeveloped?" Simple answer: better control over Africa's resources. Africa's resource is central to their civilization. Why would they want to lose their grip on it?

The EU and their likes are not as altruistic as they appear to be. They give with the right hand and stealthily collect with the left hand. They become even more convincing and appear more benevolent when they use our own people to entrap us.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by TheboyGhost(m): 1:18pm On Apr 04, 2023
Volksfuhrer:

I knew before hand she was one of us: the very reason why I suspected a hidden agenda against us. Who else would they have used to midwife their agenda for Africa if not one of ours? With due respect to the professor, It was disingenuous of her to put tectonic activities that span millions of years to produce significant rifts and climate change in the same equation.

And did you say,"What does the EU Want from us"? A whole lot! For starters, the endgame of many Western Nations policies (EU inclusive) in Africa is all to keep Africa poor and underdeveloped: call it "conspiracy theory" if you like. Climate change policy in Africa is no different, It will further deepen poverty and underdevelopment because it is costlier to implement!

I know, all this still begs the question: "why would they want Africa poor and underdeveloped?" Simple answer: better control over Africa's resources. Africa's resource is central to their civilization. Why would they want to lose their grip on it?

The EU and their likes are not as altruistic as they appear to be. They give with the right hand and stealthily collect with the left hand. They become even more convincing and appear more benevolent when they use our own people to entrap us.

Please do not blame the Europeans for anything 🙏

Hold your leaders Accountable.....

Meanwhile Climate change is real and Everyone should prepare for it.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by onatisi(m): 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2023
new continent , new opportunities ,new challenges , the world still remains . as long as the people there aint gonna die , no shaking
Sapa23:

Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by NANReporter: 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2023
Volksfuhrer:

While I understand your concerns about the professor's remarks and the EU's intentions in Africa, it's important to approach these topics with an open mind and a willingness to consider multiple perspectives. Making assumptions and labeling something as a "conspiracy theory" without proper evidence can be detrimental to healthy discourse and can perpetuate misinformation.

Regarding the EU's policies in Africa, it's important to acknowledge that there may be various reasons behind their actions. While resource control may be one of them, it's important to consider other factors such as economic interests, geopolitical influence, and humanitarian aid. It's also important to recognize that climate change is a global issue that affects all countries, including those in Africa, and addressing it may require costly measures.

Ultimately, it's important to engage in respectful dialogue and gather evidence from various sources before making conclusions about complex issues.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by PoliticEdu: 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
Volksfuhrer:

Thank you very much.

Climate Change make the movement of plates faster and more dangerous. When it is natural it occurs without harming biodiversity and humans but climate change makes it swift and dangerous.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
NANReporter:

While I understand your concerns about the professor's remarks and the EU's intentions in Africa, it's important to approach these topics with an open mind and a willingness to consider multiple perspectives. Making assumptions and labeling something as a "conspiracy theory" without proper evidence can be detrimental to healthy discourse and can perpetuate misinformation.

Regarding the EU's policies in Africa, it's important to acknowledge that there may be various reasons behind their actions. While resource control may be one of them, it's important to consider other factors such as economic interests, geopolitical influence, and humanitarian aid. It's also important to recognize that climate change is a global issue that affects all countries, including those in Africa, and addressing it may require costly measures.

Ultimately, it's important to engage in respectful dialogue and gather evidence from various sources before making conclusions about complex economic issues

Thank you for your post.

I have researched the subject matter and drawn my conclusions. Climate change is real, but the major reason advanced for it isn't global greenhouse gas emissions. Between 1910 and 1940 there was global warming similar to our current situation. But between 1950 and 1970 the earth cooled. The scientific models of climate change cannot explain these phenomena. In other words, the science of climate change isn't yet iron-clad. And if that is the case why should I trust the policy direction emanating from a controversial science!

Professor Judith Curry who once headed the department of earth and atmospheric sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology, a climatologist with tons of data over the subject matter, disputes the evidence given for global warming. She agrees that global warming has been occurring long before significant global emissions of green house gasses! Besides, If the current models of climatic change are correct, how do these models explain away our current experience of terrible, freezing winters and stifling summer heat in recent times. She is of the opinion that something else is causing these issues.

The Sahara desert was once lush green with adequate rainfall. It became arid thousands of years ago, without greenhouse emissions! The earth naturally goes through climatic cycles, with recurring ice ages and warm periods.

I want nothing in the way of Africa's prosperity and development. Climate change policies will deny Africa the cheap energy she needs for economic development. For Africa to espouse climate change policies without thorough understanding of the science behind climate change is to court economic and developmental disaster.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Ckonnet: 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2023
Fault lines no go happen again sad
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by NANReporter: 8:27pm On Apr 04, 2023
Volksfuhrer:

Thank you for your post.

I have researched the subject matter and drawn my conclusions. Climate change is real, but the major reason advanced for it isn't global greenhouse gas emissions. Between 1910 and 1940 there was global warming similar to our current situation. But between 1950 and 1970 the earth cooled. The scientific models of climate change cannot explain these phenomena. In other words, the science of climate change isn't yet iron-clad. And if that is the case why should I trust the policy direction emanating from a controversial science!

Professor Judith Curry who once headed the department of earth and atmospheric sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology, a climatologist with tons of data over the subject matter, disputes the evidence given for global warming. She agrees that global warming has been occurring long before significant global emissions of green house gasses! Besides, If the current models of climatic change are correct, how do these models explain away our current experience of terrible, freezing winters and stifling summer heat in recent times. She is of the opinion that something else is causing these issues.

The Sahara desert was once lush green with adequate rainfall. It became arid thousands of years ago, without greenhouse emissions! The earth naturally goes through climatic cycles, with recurring ice ages and warm periods.

I want nothing in the way of Africa's prosperity and development. Climate change policies will deny Africa the cheap energy she needs for economic development. For Africa to espouse climate change policies without thorough understanding of the science behind climate change is to court economic and developmental disaster.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the subject of climate change. While it is true that the earth has gone through natural cycles of warming and cooling throughout its history, the current warming trend is happening at an unprecedented rate and is largely attributed to human activities such as burning fossil fuels and deforestation, which release large amounts of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

The scientific consensus on climate change is that it is primarily caused by human activities, and this is supported by a vast body of scientific evidence. While there have been periods of natural warming in the past, the current rate and magnitude of warming is much greater than anything seen in the past several thousand years.

Regarding your concerns about the impact of climate policies on Africa's economic development, it is worth noting that renewable energy technologies such as solar and wind power are becoming increasingly affordable and accessible, and can provide a path to economic growth that does not rely on fossil fuels. In fact, many countries around the world are investing heavily in renewable energy as a means of spurring economic growth and reducing their carbon footprint.

While there is still much to be learned about the science of climate change, the overwhelming evidence suggests that it is primarily caused by human activities and that urgent action is needed to address it. I encourage you to continue learning about this important issue and to consider the long-term impacts of our actions on the environment and future generations.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Femmyfamous4u(m): 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
Ganimu:

That's their wish. They don't want any country with potential to stand tall against them. All Nigeria needs is to get leadership right.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Obi4Ever: 7:22am On Apr 05, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

That's their wish. They don't want any country with potential to stand tall against them. All Nigeria needs is to get leadership right.

How is it? You are so stupid.
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Femmyfamous4u(m): 8:09am On Apr 05, 2023
Obi4Ever:

How is it? You are so stupid.

You're a fool!
Re: EU Ambassador Calls For Urgent Action As African Continent Splits by Obi4Ever: 9:10am On Apr 05, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

You're a fool!
stop showing your stupidity

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu's Daughter Launches Office Of The First Daughter (video) / Three Reasons Why Nigeria Needs To Grant Igbos A Separate Country / Why PEPT May Fine Peter Obi/lp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.