Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) (24305 Views)

Fact Check: Kano’s Domestic Debt Increased By Over 1000% Under Kwankwaso / Domestic Debt: Delta State Borrows ₦215 Billion From March To June 2022 / Top 10 Nigerian States With Least Domestic Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by agabaI23(m): 2:13pm On Apr 04, 2023
Berryposh:
where did the money they used in building an airport come from?
jmoney left by their nightmare
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by CodeTemplar: 2:14pm On Apr 04, 2023
Percentage increase in domestic indebtedness is a function of where the state was before.
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by pepigeorge(m): 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2023
Domestic debt.. Always read carefully b4 commenting

oshozondii:
I thought Okowa was rumoured to have borrowed the state off?
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by jaxxy(m): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2023
NOC1:
Hehehehehe, what did Anambra do with all they borrowed?

What of the multibillion Dollars left by OBIngo? I forgot he stashed it in a Hero company, is the Company not yielding dividends to Anambra government?

Lagos is a crime and fraud scene.
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by DesChyko: 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2023
Ireportlive:

You can't even stand a feet close to me to say such

Based on your reputation as a ...? 😏

The reason you can boldly make this statement is the same reason a BBN winner gets 45m reward while a first class graduate from a prestigious University gets a 10k reward.
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by Benrosaria(m): 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2023
just say Nigeria and not state. what makes Nigeria is north east west and south and if we have at least one from each zones then that's total Nigeria.?? please stop making us feel there is hope. quit media and let's do what passion is all about
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by SirLakes: 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2023
With all the debts, we have decayed infrastructures all over....

Na Satan create Nigerian politicians in his own image not God grin grin grin
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by Cypher00001: 2:49pm On Apr 04, 2023
The fact that kogi isn't in top 5 is a miracle
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by lawrenzooo: 3:01pm On Apr 04, 2023
Berryposh:
where did the money they used in building an airport come from?

May God raise a kind hearted person to assist you dear, and may divine help locate you IJN

You na wicked hearted person you be?
Abi dem no dey help person where you come from??
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by Blue3k(m): 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2023
seeyounow:
embarassed embarassedthe oil field they are paying delta state are in ondo state. ondo own the oil field they are paying derivation to delta state.

most of the oil field are not in delta state but they are in ondo state. but delta state is been paid for it.

Why don't you send this information to Delta State? Their free to sue ondo like Akwa Ibom sued Cross River.
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by Youngpaperboy: 3:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
[quote author=PAWG post=122288377]Obiano should be commended but his people have demonized him grin grin grin

I’m sure he only took a leaf from his predecessor [/quotemake una de get ]Its either u no go school, or ur level of comprehension is below 20%. Obi left the domestic debt at 0%. Obiano enter and squandered the funds left by Obi and borrowed. That explains why the debt skyrocketed to that hight. What did you think made EFCC to arrest Obiano immediately after his handover? sense nah

1 Like

Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by Youngpaperboy: 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2023
Ireportlive:
Obi the scammer has some explainations to make
Its either u no go school, or ur level of comprehension is below 20%. Obi left the domestic debt at 0%. Obiano enter and squandered the funds left by Obi and borrowed. That explains why the debt skyrocketed to that hight. What did you think made EFCC to arrest Obiano immediately after his handover? sense nah

1 Like

Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by Aiel123: 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed. Sheriffied propaganda here bro.... Okowa suppose to top this list,but I still dey wonder why dem slim fit him name out of the list sad
Delta state debt gotten from the DMO is around 238-250 billions not 850billions or otherwise that Agege and his chronic liars peddled around the state

1 Like

Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by jamjo: 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2023
Ireportlive:
Obi the scammer has some explainations to make

You know you sound idiotic, but was Obi the governor from 2015-2022? When Obi left office Anambra State was among, or the least indebted state in Nigeria. Have you asked yourself how much was borrowed, because Anambra state's debt burden was too low, let me give you a "kindergarten" example If you and your brother owning, you #2 and your brother #20 you went to borrow 50% of your debt how much will the be #4 and your brother borrow 10% of his debt that will increase his debt to #22 who is still owning more what I'm trying to educate you here is that high percentage doesn't necessarily equate the higher amount of debt. If you calculate Nigeria's debt profile by region the Southeast is the least indebted with #392.8B, South-south #1.99Trn, Southwest #1.45Trn, Northcentral #585.1B, Northeast #530.4B, and Northwest #468.7.

2 Likes

Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by Morphinne: 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
Isobug:

I know someone of little thinking must try to drag Obi into something another should be blamed. You humans are reasonably terrible as far as hatred is concerned.
I mean, the news said from 2015 till date. When did Obi Left office? I leave you to your conscience.

Meanwhile, Okowa deserves an resounding apologies from propaganda peddlers
If not that you’re irredeemably mad, you wouldn’t have thought you had a point trying to exonerate Obi. Obi claimed to have left a fortune in Anambra State’s coffers while leaving office (later debunked by his successors tho) why then did the state he governed not have enough money to funds projects but had to resort to taking loans?
If Obi had put some economic and revenue-generating policies in place (like Tinubu did) while in office, the internally generated funds would have been enough to at least reduce the indebtedness figure you’re seeing up there.
It’s true that most advanced human societies are usually the most indebted and a very good example is the USA which has the highest domestic debt profile in the world but while this is understandable, it’s highly nauseating for a state to borrow huge money and be heavily indebted as a result yet unable to point out life-changing projects such monies were expended on. At least, Lagos for instance, can say they spent their own borrowed money on Projects like BRT and railways etc, what have Anambra and Yobe been doing with what they have been borrowing?
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by Morphinne: 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Did you read the news or you just woke up from the bad side of your bed and formed this jargon of yours.
The last time I checked, Obi left government in 2014 March and the news says 7 years ago, the increase in debt of states. Please read and stop constituting nuisance on net.
Obiano himself said the money Obi left formed part of what the state used to do Anambra airport.
Omo werey, if Obi had put some brilliant revenue-generating mechanisms in place or if he had built a whole lot of infrastructural projects while in office, would his successors have had much reasons to borrow so much funds to develop the state?
What exactly can we point at as the exact thing they’ve been funding with so much debt? (Kudos to Obiano tho for the Airport)
Can you now see you’re just exactly like your father? grin
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by Lionize: 3:52pm On Apr 04, 2023
Chai, Nigerians. Some people comenting here do not even understand the write-up. What does Obi have to do with the post?

1 Like

Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by MICHEALADEX(m): 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2023
NOC1:

What of the multibillion Dollars left by OBIngo? I forgot he stashed it in a Hero company, is the Company not yielding dividends to Anambra government?

Obaino paid Obi the 7billion he spent on his campaign

May God have mercy on Anambra

Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by PAWG(m): 4:08pm On Apr 04, 2023
[quote author=Youngpaperboy post=122290995][/quote]

I’m trolling, if you don’t understand it, I can’t help your case

…And after arresting him what happened?

Any conviction?

Any refunds to Anambra?

Nothing!
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by HenryThegreat1(m): 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2023
Imagine apc lies against Okowa
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by Menclothing: 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2023
Without major projects
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by condiz8: 4:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
oshozondii:

Try to understand "domestic" debt.
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by ProfetofDoom: 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2023
NOC1:

I profeSY in your life today to get sense. Receive sense or be doomed.

As a ProfetofDoom, I speak into your life to shed all hatred and ethnic sentiments from your brain or be Doomed
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by GodisFirst: 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2023
This is as at 2022. Let us wait for the updated to Feb. 2023, many will shout had I known.
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by Owaincouncil: 5:24pm On Apr 04, 2023
The 3% for osun wad taken during the tenure of aregbesola. Oyetola didn't borrow a penny and manage to service tge one taken by aregbesola really helped osun state.
Let's see what the current government will do either they will reduce it or increase it.
Aregbesola was a curse indeed to osun state.
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by History555: 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2023
PotatoSalad:

You're running mad na.
All these chewing gum boys sef.
Your mama dey sleep and you took her phone to come rub shoulders and type rubbish online. Foolish boy.
Better go play with sand.

grin grin >: grin dis guy u wicked no be small. See how u finish full grown man with bear bear
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by ponishah: 7:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
oshozondii:
They were just haters, wike fans and obidients
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by Yomit71(m): 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2023
Isobug:

I know someone of little thinking must try to drag Obi into something another should be blamed. You humans are reasonably terrible as far as hatred is concerned.
I mean, the news said from 2015 till date. When did Obi Left office? I leave you to your conscience.

Meanwhile, Okowa deserves an resounding apologies from propaganda peddlers
Neither was Tinubu in any office when Lekki shooting occurred. But you all blame him for it. undecided
Re: States With Increased Domestic Debt In SEVEN Years (dec 2015 - Dec 2022) by IfnobeGod20: 6:12pm On Apr 05, 2023
Morphinne:

Omo werey, if Obi had put some brilliant revenue-generating mechanisms in place or if he had built a whole lot of infrastructural projects while in office, would his successors have had much reasons to borrow so much funds to develop the state?
What exactly can we point at as the exact thing they’ve been funding with so much debt? (Kudos to Obiano tho for the Airport)
Can you now see you’re just exactly like your father? grin
I led you that abuse because a small mind will always behave like a toddler. I am too refined to go low like you.
Meanwhile, Please what are the revenue generating enterprises that your Tinubu established in all his 8 years as a governor that had made the state debt to go at astronomical rate? This is just local debt, if the foreign debt is included Lagos alone will swallow 20 states debt.
Please I want to know one single company that Tinubu created in all his 8 years that made Lagos to be "debt free".
Since you people have refused to use your brain, some of us we continue to lecture you people till you come home brighter.
This is the same debt that the nation is also deep in without corresponding development. If Obi refused to mortgage the destiny of anambrarians that is his economy approach but if you enjoy those states plucking their states on debt without corresponding development, good for you.
You can continue masturbating on Obi but it won't take away that he left and handed over Anambra state a debt free state to his successor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shuaibu Ado Dansudu: North Will Rule Nigeria Till 2031, South Wake Up From Dream / "APC Is Taking Us Back To The Days Of Obasanjo" Man Says As He Destroys His PVC / Edo 2020: Finally, Oshiomhole Speaks; Tells APC Leaders, Members What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.