Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? (2021 Views)

Opel Safari 2004 With Ac For Sale / Wow: How Lions Are Transported By Plane In South Africa / ➜ ➜ ➜ FREE FLOOD DAMAGED VEHICLE CHECKS➜➜ ➜ +234-806-036-5068 ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by blogginguncle1(m): 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2023
Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Are In A Safari Vehicle?

Lions are apex predators and are known to be fierce hunters, but they generally do not attack people on Safari vehicles. There are several reasons for this, here are some:

1. Lack of prey response: Lions are instinctively programmed to hunt prey that runs away from them. Safari vehicles do not behave like prey and do not elicit a prey response from lions.

2. Familiarity with vehicles: Lions in certain areas have become accustomed to safari vehicles and have learned that they are not a threat. They may even associate the vehicles with food, as some safari vehicles carry food for the tourists.

3. Height advantage: Safari vehicles are often elevated, which gives tourists a better view of the animals. This height advantage also makes it difficult for lions to attack people in the vehicle.

However, it is important to note that while lions may not attack people in safari vehicles, it is still important to follow safety guidelines and regulations when on safari.

Tourists should always remain inside the vehicle and avoid standing up or leaning out of the windows. Additionally, it is important to respect the animals and their habitat and not disturb them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by blogginguncle1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2023
Something you should know about lions and people on Safari Vehicles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by blogginguncle1(m): 8:48pm On Apr 05, 2023
If interested, you can read more on the topic here: Lions, People and Safari Vehicles
Have a good read.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by Billionaire2: 8:53pm On Apr 05, 2023
Lions, just like any other predator animals are focused on a target they need to hunt and kill for food.
When they see a noisy large moving object like a safari vehicle they know it’s not food. They use to see it as a threat, but due to familiarity and no real threat from the large moving object they just ignore it…
But if anyone jumps off/out from the moving object ,,,, na food .

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by Adebaba1(m): 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2023
No wonder

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by blogginguncle1(m): 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2023
Billionaire2:
Lions, just like any other predator animals are focused on a target they need to hunt and kill for food.
When they see a noisy large moving object like a safari vehicle they know it’s not food. They use to see it as a threat, but due to familiarity and no real threat from the large moving object they just ignore it…
Moral lesson is not to jump out of course. grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by blogginguncle1(m): 12:32am On Apr 06, 2023
blogginguncle1:
If interested, you can read more on the topic here: Lions, People and Safari Vehicles
Have a good read.
Hope you'll found this informative and helpful.
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by oz4real83(m): 5:29am On Apr 06, 2023
OP has never gone to safari oo😂. Visitors are always warned never to leave their vehicles and never to touch any animals even when very close to them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by blogginguncle1(m): 6:25am On Apr 06, 2023
blogginguncle1:

However, it is important to note that while lions may not attack people in safari vehicles, it is still important to follow safety guidelines and regulations when on safari.

Tourists should always remain inside the vehicle and avoid standing up or leaning out of the windows. Additionally, it is important to respect the animals and their habitat and not disturb them.
Of course, yes.
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 06, 2023
blogginguncle1:
Why Do Lions Not Attack When You Are In A Safari Vehicle?

Lions are apex predators and are known to be fierce hunters, but they generally do not attack people on safari vehicles. There are several reasons for this, here are some:

1. Lack of prey response: Lions are instinctively programmed to hunt prey that runs away from them. Safari vehicles do not behave like prey and do not elicit a prey response from lions.

2. Familiarity with vehicles: Lions in certain areas have become accustomed to safari vehicles and have learned that they are not a threat. They may even associate the vehicles with food, as some safari vehicles carry food for the tourists.

3. Height advantage: Safari vehicles are often elevated, which gives tourists a better view of the animals. This height advantage also makes it difficult for lions to attack people in the vehicle.

This article was not written by a Nigerian.
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by blogginguncle1(m): 8:58am On Apr 06, 2023
Miracood2:

This article was not written by a Nigerian.
Are Nigerians the only people permitted here? I hope not.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 06, 2023
blogginguncle1:

Are Nigerians the only people permitted here? I hope not.

Everyone is welcome here. A Nigerian wouldn't write about a safari. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by Whois(m): 11:30am On Apr 06, 2023
Billionaire2:

grin reminds me of 1000 ways to die

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by blogginguncle1(m): 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2023
Miracood2:

Everyone is welcome here. A Nigerian wouldn't write about a safari. grin
Good to know. But are there no Safaris in Nigeria?
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by blogginguncle1(m): 1:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
Whois:

grin reminds me of 1000 ways to die
That's hilarious. grin
Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by brightDdon(m): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2023
blogginguncle1:

That's hilarious. grin

If I'm kind of sad i just rush to nairaland,within 5-10 mins i will start laughing,,,

I don't understand how some people comes up with some unimaginable funny words.

Like ehh

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lions Not Attack Safari Vehicle? by blogginguncle1(m): 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
brightDdon:

If I'm kind of sad i just rush to nairaland,within 5-10 mins i will start laughing,,,

I don't understand how some people comes up with some unimaginable funny words.

Like ehh
It's amazing how people brighten up other people. This platform seems to employ many of the kinds. But we know the opposite exist too. Haha.

(1) (Reply)

Here I Go Again: 2007 Toyota Camry Se: See It And Love It: I Think / Get Replacement Honda Accord And Nissan Maxima Keyless Entry Remote - / Tokunbo 2003 Honda Accord For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.