Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Righteousness Can Exalt Nigeria By Deji Yesufu - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Righteousness Can Exalt Nigeria By Deji Yesufu (316 Views)

Biodun Fatoyinbo Aka "Robust Reply" Visits Ibadan By Deji Yesufu / โ€˜Sam Adeyemi And The Titheโ€™ by Deji Yesufu / Stephanie Otobo's Apology To Apostle Suleman By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Righteousness Can Exalt Nigeria By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2023
๐—›๐—ข๐—ช ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—š๐—›๐—ง๐—˜๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฆ๐—ก๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ฆ ๐— ๐—œ๐—š๐—›๐—ง ๐—˜๐—ซ๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—ง ๐—ก๐—œ๐—š๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—”: ๐—” ๐—–๐—”๐—ฆ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—จ๐——๐—ฌ ๐—ข๐—ก ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—–๐—˜๐—ก๐—ง ๐—˜๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—–๐—ง๐—œ๐—ข๐—ก๐—ฆ

A cursory study of the Bible will reveal two things: democracy are recent developments in the manner countries are governed. Second, it will reveal that while governance is not the primary concern of God in his dealings with his people, our God is intimately involved in the way and manner nations are governed. In fact the biblical pronouncement is that God installs and dethrones kings (Daniel 4:32). Those who understand how providence work, know that God is actively involved in the process in which leaders come to the thrones of countries. If God does not permit it, no one can become king or president.

A second consideration this article wants to look at is an examination of how democratic norms became the more accepted form of government around the world today. Prior to now, most countries operated a monarchy: a system of government where one man ruled. It was never tenured and he ruled all his life, only passing on the reins of government to his offspring at death. It doesnโ€™t matter what kind of person he was, people will have to live their lives under him. The blessing of time, the workings of God through modernity, brought forth democracy as an alternative system of government. Fact is that democracy is not a divine establishment; there is no where written in a holy book that countries must be ruled via democratic ethos.

Having stated these two points, may I now present to us an argument on how righteousness will exalt Nigeria, even as I use the recent elections in our country as a case study. A few things have happened since the last voting processes were completed. Cases are in court; the internet is rife with debates; the Igbo/Yoruba relationship has been tested; etc. What has, however inspired this essay, is the song Falz the Bahd Guy released yesterday, which is titled โ€œMr. Yakubuโ€. In the song, Falz and Vector are rapping lines filled with innuendos directed at the INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, alleging rigging of the just concluded elections. Falz is not new to politicking in Nigeriaโ€™s national life. He almost single handedly plunged Nigeria into chaos with the ENDSARS protests โ€“ which he and a few others started. The latest song is a testimony to the shoddy manner an election is carried out despite so much resources expended on it. The question then is: how does this concern righteousness and the exalting of a country?

Righteousness is a reflection of Godโ€™s holiness on a society. Righteousness will birth justice, truth, equity, love, etc, in a society. It doesnโ€™t matter who governs a society or what systems of government exist, righteousness will allow for the right thing to be done. Now, human beings are naturally wicked, selfish, self centered, dubious, etc. It is Christians and the Church that shows the world what right is and how righteousness can exist in a society. Christians often form the ideologies that allow for good governance to thrive; Christians influence public opinion until those opinion become mainstay and can influence how a country must be governed.

Now, let us examine how Bola Tinubu, the president elect, reached this stage. Tinubu effected an alliance that wrested power from the PDP in 2015. He sat back and watched President Muhammadu Buhari complete his terms of office. After this, Tinubu declares it is his turn to govern the country. He made this statement on the eve of the primaries of the APC. At the venue of the primaries, there were allegations of large sums of money disbursed to party delegates. Tinubu was overwhelmingly voted for and he emerged the APC presidential flag bearer. After this, money politics began in earnest. The cooperation of Northern governors was obtained, some allege bought, and Tinubu emerged president elect. Can Nigeria say with certainty that Tinubu became president on the path of righteousness?

On the other hand, Tinubuโ€™s opponents are contesting his emergence at the courts and they have all shown willingness to allow the judiciary dictate the direction the country should go. Yet the judiciary is a part of society and Falzโ€™ song on the INEC Chairman would have reached their ears. Perhaps influencing what decisions they will take in the days to come .

My point is simple: there is no divine pronouncement anywhere that Bola Tinubu must be president of Nigeria. The whole process of contesting the election results at the courts is still part of the electioneering processes. Whoever emerges victorious is Godโ€™s will for Nigeria. Yet, everything happening in between is Godโ€™s ordained will to bring about his good purpose for our country. Therefore, the Christian Church can not assume a non-chalant attitude towards government. Churches must add their voice to the call for the right things to be done in society. It is as we do this that righteousness will exalt a nation. But where all kinds of brigandage is permitted in the name of elections, sin becomes a reproach to a people. Many people that God will use to uphold right in society may not be professing Christians, but Christians must be able to recognise righteousness in their course and support such worthy courses.

I think the song Falz sang was so on point and I think it is a creative way of reminding Nigerians of what the right is and that we should never lose sight of it. All righteousness: right, justice, truth, peace, etc, will exalt a nation. As long as we continue with the same old ways elections are run in this country, such sins will not cease to be a reproach to the country.

๐˜ฝ๐™ฎ: ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™Ÿ๐™ž ๐™”๐™š๐™จ๐™ช๐™›๐™ช

https://textandpublishing.com/how-righteousness-might-exalt-nigeria-a-case-study-on-recent-elections/

Re: Righteousness Can Exalt Nigeria By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Apr 05, 2023
VBCampaign:
๐—›๐—ข๐—ช ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—š๐—›๐—ง๐—˜๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฆ๐—ก๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ฆ ๐— ๐—œ๐—š๐—›๐—ง ๐—˜๐—ซ๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—ง ๐—ก๐—œ๐—š๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—”: ๐—” ๐—–๐—”๐—ฆ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—จ๐——๐—ฌ ๐—ข๐—ก ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—–๐—˜๐—ก๐—ง ๐—˜๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—–๐—ง๐—œ๐—ข๐—ก๐—ฆ

A cursory study of the Bible will reveal two things: democracy are recent developments in the manner countries are governed. Second, it will reveal that while governance is not the primary concern of God in his dealings with his people, our God is intimately involved in the way and manner nations are governed. In fact the biblical pronouncement is that God installs and dethrones kings (Daniel 4:32). Those who understand how providence work, know that God is actively involved in the process in which leaders come to the thrones of countries. If God does not permit it, no one can become king or president.
This writeup serves as evidence of the damage religion has done to otherwise intelligent minds in Nigeria. undecided
Re: Righteousness Can Exalt Nigeria By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 1:16am On Apr 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This writeup serves as evidence of the damage religion has done to otherwise intelligent minds in Nigeria. undecided

Kindly explain... we are at the religion section
Re: Righteousness Can Exalt Nigeria By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 3:19am On Apr 06, 2023
Here's a little bit of what is in fact written in scripture you made several references to.
A: He identifies Himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob alone.
14 Then God said to Moses, โ€œTell them, โ€˜I Am Who I Am.โ€™ When you go to the Israelites, tell them, โ€˜I Amโ€™ sent me to you.โ€
15 And God said, โ€œTell the Israelites that you were sent by Yahweh, the God of your ancestorsโ€”the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob. This will always be my name. It is how I want the people to remember me from now on.
16 โ€œNow go and call together the elders of the people. Tell them that Yahweh, the God of your ancestorsโ€”the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacobโ€”appeared to you. Give them this message from me: โ€˜I have been watching over you and have seen what people in Egypt have done to you.
17 And I have decided that I will take you away from the troubles you are suffering in Egypt. I will lead you to the land that now belongs to othersโ€”the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. I will lead you to a land filled with many good things.โ€™
18 โ€œThe elders will listen to you. And then you and the elders will go to the Pharaoh. You will tell him, โ€˜Yahweh is the God of the Hebrews He came to us and told us to travel three days into the desert. There we must offer sacrifices to Yahweh our God.โ€™ - Exodus 3 vs 15 - 18
B. God announced that His only inheritance in the land of men is the people of Israel. undecided
8. God Most High separated the people on earth and gave each nation its land. He set up borders for all people. He made as many nations as there are angels.
9 The Lord chose his people to be his own. The people of Jacob belong to him.
10 โ€œThe Lord found them in the desert, in an empty, windy land. He surrounded them and watched over them. He protected them like the pupil of his eye, - Deuteronomy 32 vs 8 - 10
C. Jesus Christ proclaimed that He was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel this as He also sent His followers only to the people of Israel.
24 Jesus answered, โ€œGod sent me only to the lost people[d] of Israel.โ€ - Matthew 15 vs 24
So, given Scriptural detail on His identity, I took the liberty of making changes to the concluding paragraphs to give you an idea of your error.
VBCampaign:
My point is simple: there is no divine pronouncement anywhere that Bola Tinubu must be president of Nigeria. The whole process of contesting the election results at the courts is still part of the electioneering processes. Whoever emerges victorious is the God of Israelโ€™s will for Nigeria. Yet, everything happening in between is the God of Israelโ€™s ordained will to bring about the God of Israelโ€™s good purpose for our Nigeria. Therefore, the the God of Israelโ€™s Church can not assume a non-chalant attitude towards government. The God of Israelโ€™s churches must add their voice to the call for the right things to be done in society. It is as we do this that the God of Israelโ€™s righteousness will exalt a nation. But where all kinds of brigandage is permitted in the name of elections, sin becomes a reproach to a people. Many people that the God of Israel will use to uphold the God of Israelโ€™s right in society may not be professing followers of the God of Israelโ€™s Christians, but the God of Israelโ€™s Christians must be able to recognise the God of Israelโ€™s righteousness in their course and support such worthy courses.

I think the song Falz sang was so on point and I think it is a creative way of reminding Nigerians of what the right is and that we should never lose sight of it. All the God of Israelโ€™s righteousness: right, justice, truth, peace, etc, will exalt a nation. As long as we continue with the same old ways elections are run in this country, such sins will not cease to be a reproach to the country.
๐˜ฝ๐™ฎ: ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™Ÿ๐™ž ๐™”๐™š๐™จ๐™ช๐™›๐™ช
Does the above still make sense to you? undecided
Re: Righteousness Can Exalt Nigeria By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 8:52am On Apr 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Here's a little bit of what is in fact written in scripture you made several references to.
A: He identifies Himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob alone.

B. God announced that His only inheritance in the land of men is the people of Israel. undecided

C. Jesus Christ proclaimed that He was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel this as He also sent His followers only to the people of Israel.

So, given Scriptural detail on His identity, I took the liberty of making changes to the concluding paragraphs to give you an idea of your error.
Does the above still make sense to you? undecided

It doesn't make any sense at all.

When you refer to the Bible, you must see it in an holistic manner and never in a narrow way as dictated by a few scripture conveying your preferred interpretation.

God's primary concern with humanity is redemption.

The story of the Bible is the outplaying of redemptive history.

Redemption began with the fall of man and God's efforts to restore Adam and Eve in their fallen state, which included a promise of the seed of the woman destroying the serpent.

God began his redemptive works with Israel but never was it to be limited to Israel alone. It was meant to reach all nations.

In the death of Christ and resurrection, redemption came to all men.

So that a Nigerian can access redemption as much as a Jew.

Now, the political climate of a nation will dictate whether that country will know peace bc it is only a state of peace that gospel preaching can reach men.

Christians pursue a stable Nigeria so that the gospel can preached, and so that redemption may reach God's people, the new Israel.

2 Likes

Re: Righteousness Can Exalt Nigeria By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 5:00am On Apr 08, 2023
VBCampaign:
โ–  It doesn't make any sense at all. When you refer to the Bible, you must see it in an holistic manner and never in a narrow way as dictated by a few scripture conveying your preferred interpretation.
โ–  God's primary concern with humanity is redemption. The story of the Bible is the outplaying of redemptive history. Redemption began with the fall of man and God's efforts to restore Adam and Eve in their fallen state, which included a promise of the seed of the woman destroying the serpent.
โ–  God began his redemptive works with Israel but never was it to be limited to Israel alone. It was meant to reach all nations. In the death of Christ and resurrection, redemption came to all men. So that a Nigerian can access redemption as much as a Jew.
โ–  Now, the political climate of a nation will dictate whether that country will know peace bc it is only a state of peace that gospel preaching can reach men. Christians pursue a stable Nigeria so that the gospel can preached, and so that redemption may reach God's people, the new Israel.
1. By holistically, you mean through the delusional goggles of religion which causes you to add your very own private thoughts to the mouth of God Himself, right? undecided

2. God never said anything about offering redemption to humanity as He instead insists that what He offers applies only to those of the blood of Jacob. So where exactly does this religious narrative of yours come from as it does not align with that written in scripture. undecided

3. Again, there is no scriptural evidence for this claim that God, after the death of Jesus Christ, extended His plan for redemption to all of mankind, particularly since Jesus Christ's instructions to His followers after His death was that they go and do exactly all He had taught to them --- before His death--- to those in the world, meaning they were to go only to the Lost sheep of Israel scattered all over the world by God. undecided

4. The one and only country of interest to God is His Israel, that is established throughout all of scripture. Every other external claim is born of religion. undecided
Re: Righteousness Can Exalt Nigeria By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 1:47pm On Apr 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. By holistically, you mean through the delusional goggles of religion which causes you to add your very own private thoughts to the mouth of God Himself, right? undecided

2. God never said anything about offering redemption to humanity as He instead insists that what He offers applies only to those of the blood of Jacob. So where exactly does this religious narrative of yours come from as it does not align with that written in scripture. undecided

3. Again, there is no scriptural evidence for this claim that God, after the death of Jesus Christ, extended His plan for redemption to all of mankind, particularly since Jesus Christ's instructions to His followers after His death was that they go and do exactly all He had taught to them --- before His death--- to those in the world, meaning they were to go only to the Lost sheep of Israel scattered all over the world by God. undecided

4. The one and only country of interest to God is His Israel, that is established throughout all of scripture. Every other external claim is born of religion. undecided

Are you an Israelite?
Re: Righteousness Can Exalt Nigeria By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
VBCampaign:
โ–  Are you an Israelite?
1. Can I ask what that has to do with this discourse? I mean what does that have to do with any of what has been said so far? Does it remove in some way from what is in fact stated of God in scripture? undecided
Re: Righteousness Can Exalt Nigeria By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Can I ask what that has to do with this discourse? I mean what does that have to do with any of what has been said so far? Does it remove in some way from what is in fact stated of God in scripture? undecided

If you're not an Israelite, then by your submission, you're heading to an eternity without God. Thus I'll need to know whether or not you're an Israelite.

On the other hand, my submission presents eternal hope to all men. That's my point.

2 Likes

Re: Righteousness Can Exalt Nigeria By Deji Yesufu by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Apr 08, 2023
VBCampaign:
โ–  If you're not an Israelite, then by your submission, you're heading to an eternity without God. โ–  Thus I'll need to know whether or not you're an Israelite. On the other hand, my submission presents eternal hope to all men. That's my point.
1. According to scripture, there is no eternity for those who are not of the blood of Jacob. Open your eyes to what Jesus Christ taught you. He, the Eternal Life of God, was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel meaning that if you are not of the blood of Jacob, you cannot have Eternal Life, to begin with. undecided

2. You present eternal hope to all men by whose power and authority? Your own? Authority of the lies fed you by your religious establishments? I didn't know men now had the power to create their own eternal kingdoms for their own selves. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rehoboth House Of Prayer (RHOP) Whatsapp Group / Has Rapture Taken Place / VIDEO: REMEMBER THIS ABOUT TB JOSHUA!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.