Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa (40060 Views)

12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by ihesiuloa(m): 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2023
gloryman91:
Where is onitsha and aba ?
All you low lifers writing nnewu, onisha etc as if, if all tribes in lagos weren't leaving in lagos it would ever make that list! I've lived in Johannesburg and I can tell you that they are well organised and more exposed than those eedi*ots trying to mock nnewi ,aba, onosha & co.. You can as well mention oshogbo ,ibadan, ekiti & co! People wey no wan learn or explore other places will always think there garden is better than there next door neighbor! Shio.
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by luluman: 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2023
cynthia9:
Removed lagos from that list

Lagos na slum
And put onitsha abi? Olodo, they said richest not cleanest.
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by forgiveness: 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2023
emmaodet:

Tbh, I don't think so.
2000 people is really really much to have such money using Oshodi/bolade/ladipo/Shogunle/mafoluku/airforce/PWD where I stayed as a case study.

Oga, house in Ikeja alone is between 300m - billions and more than 2,000 houses are owned by individuals.

If you are talking about cash, I don't know that one but by assets, definitely more than 2,000.

Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by rummmy: 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2023
Almighty Lagos at no 4..
Remove igbos Lagos will be struggling with Lome..... grin
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by Teymanhenry(f): 8:04pm On Apr 06, 2023
We can't grow economically when our politics are milkin our resources away. Our constitution is so flawed that even Jesus Christ will be corrupted if He assumed power in Nigeria
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by Occurstaem(m): 8:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
Omoawoke:
We can still do better.

And please, all these obi people should stop this format of “ I am Yoruba but…”
That format don cast, please invent a new one
🤣🤣🤣
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by sangresan(m): 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2023
FlawlessKarl:

Nigeria is the most retrogressive nation on earth. The Lagos that managed to be here is the efforts of foreign investors and all Nigerians that are there investing and doing their businesses, left for the chest beaters and cowards who run from Fulanis herdsmen their master who kills them with reckless abandoned, instead of facing them, they'll rather face igbos and south southerners, Lagos would've been no difference from other south west states, it would've even be poorer.

You ended up exposing your inherited stupidity. Your people were cave dwellers and cannibals before Bishop Ajayi Crowther went there to preach the gospel and translated the Bible into Ibo language. As at that time, Lagos was already the centre of trade and commerce on the Atlantic Coast.

Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by pricklewane: 8:31pm On Apr 06, 2023
This is coming from a foolish tribe that waste over 3 million of it own foolish population over excessive foolishness n ego tripping.

Indeed na 🤪 your papa suppose get mouth to talk

Chibuzoc:

From the ashes we arose despite facing world powers grin grin grin grin common kwara state fulani collect am from una hand and you won talk cheesy cheesy
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by Chibuzoc(m): 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2023
pricklewane:
This is coming from a foolish tribe that waste over 3 million of it own foolish population over excessive foolishness n ego tripping.

3 million people sacrificed their lives for me and others to live and I'm proud of them.

I come from a tribe that choose to sink in the ocean instead of being taken as slaves.

Try reclaim your ancestral lands from the marauding fellas else you remain a slave in my eyes smiley
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by BossGerald: 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2023
Throwback:
Nnewi no dey there?

The mandate of Nnewi must be returned.

Local town claiming city.

I can see Ibadan, Akure, oshogbo, Abeokuta and ado ekiti in the list.
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by 2016easy2017: 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
That's why they want to steal Lagos
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by Bar1941(m): 10:36pm On Apr 06, 2023
Proudpolygamist:
Am I the only one looking for ONITSHA OR Nnewi on the list?

Neither of them qualifies to be in top 50 cities in Africa.

Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by Niswayne19: 10:37pm On Apr 06, 2023
Nice one. Lagos, Nigeria made the list.
The oraimo frepoods 4 is the best earbud for Lagos traffic.

Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by Inali: 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2023
Th best Earpod onecan get. Oraimo freepods 4

Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by harmonyglobal: 11:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
Where is Anambra
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by okunwaye(m): 5:20am On Apr 07, 2023
B
Proudpolygamist:

Pls it's not a Nigerian mentality Biko. Those peddling drugs in ur country who belong to a section of the country, they're the ones with that kind of mentality. They always have excuses upon excuses and will never own up responsibilitys
Another ewedu guzzling miscreant on the loose.... Feeble Coward'sgrin
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by okunwaye(m): 5:32am On Apr 07, 2023
pricklewane:

Far better than those who choose to surrender their lands to their oppressors and live as slaves forever.
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by vic4real22: 8:32am On Apr 07, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by mediclife1987(m): 8:55am On Apr 07, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Base on Nigeria's population and size of our GDP, we are performing badly

South Africa with less than 60 million people have close to 30k wealthy individuals living in 3 cities.

If not for their Xenophobia, and mad gangsterism, I'll choose SA over any Caucasian country.

Those their babes especially with massive buttocks... cheesy
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by IronGalaxy: 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2023
mediclife1987:

If not for their Xenophobia, and mad gangsterism, I'll choose SA over any Caucasian country.

Those their babes especially with massive buttocks... cheesy
If the so-called "xenophobia"was really an issue there really would be no African immigrant left, as things stand, no African country has quite a variety of Africans from all walks of life residing there like South Africa, and they're quite comfortable here

As for the gangsterism, that's exclusive to the ghettos of Cape Town

Not all babes have "massive behinds" but the majority are well-shaped and melalinated beautifully grin grin

Check the thread on my signature, you'll thank me later wink

Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by mediclife1987(m): 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2023
IronGalaxy:
If the so-called "xenophobia"was really an issue there really would be no African immigrant left, as things stand, no African country has quite a variety of Africans from all walks of life residing there like South Africa, and they're quite comfortable here

Not all babes have "massive behinds" but the majority are well-shaped and melalinated beautifully grin grin

Check the thread on my signature, you'll thank me later wink

Let me check.

I'm a medical doctor hoping to geddifok outta Naija very soon
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by Sepukku: 7:15pm On Apr 08, 2023
IronGalaxy:

They are not "quite" comfortable. They live in fear of xenophobia and bigotry from your ilk each day. Just cause you smile in their faces doesn't mean you mean them well.

IronGalaxy:

Stop telling lies. There are gangsta every where from your zama zamas to your taxi cab wars to your manneberg drug lords.

IronGalaxy:

Check the thread on my signature, you'll thank me later

Word of advice, They have hour glass shapes but are generally wowo in the face so if you are nyashing them just cover their face.

[/quote]
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by Sepukku: 7:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
mediclife1987:

Let me check.

I'm a medical doctor hoping to geddifok outta Naija very soon

Go somewhere else.

Even the people with money in SA are moving all their money out of the country and when you see that , that is a clear sign of imminent collapse.
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by IronGalaxy: 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
Sepukku:

They are not "quite" comfortable. They live in fear of xenophobia and bigotry from your ilk each day. Just cause you smile in their faces doesn't mean you mean them well.

Stop telling lies. There are gangsta every where from your zama zamas to your taxi cab wars to your manneberg drug lords.

Word of advice, They have hour glass shapes but are generally wowo in the face so if you are nyashing them just cover their face.

No no no, shut up! asseblief. I personally interact with Africans from Zim, Moz, etc, on a daily basis, and always have. So please sit down, I know what I'm not talking about. Sitting in front of the Black Pen podcasts doesn't and won't ever make you an expert on our issues, just shup up for once, you're annoying asf.

Secondly, the gangster is a Cape phenomenon, the Zamas from Lesotho are illegal gold miners and NOT gangsters ala the bloods and the crips of the US, the same with the taxi wars cabals who fight among themselves and DO NOT terrorize people, pure gangsters are found in the Cape ghettos, eg, Mitchells Plain, Hanover Park, Nyanga, Phillipi, etc, There are no gangsters where I grew up and continue to visit. Your knowledge is scant but you have a big mouth man, just shut up. You speak about my country from an angle of news headlines, you know nothing about little nuances of actually living there

If they're wowo, it's fine my guy, you've been singing that song forever like it's something you're trying to convince yourself of

Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by Sepukku: 6:44am On Apr 09, 2023
IronGalaxy:
No no no, shut up! asseblief. I personally interact with Africans from Zim, Moz, etc, on a daily basis, and always have. So please sit down, I know what I'm not talking about.
Stop giving anecdotal evidence as an example of what is a reality to many undocumented foreign nationals in South africa

IronGalaxy:
A great many Sitting in front of the Black Pen podcasts doesn't and won't ever make you an expert on our issues, just shup up for once, you're annoying asf.
You really think I just sit on a computer everyday typing huh, Poor you.

You don't know how long Sepukku has been jacked into the Matrix of Nairaland,Do you.

"let me show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Ps. Penuel's insights into South africa are that of a man coming into realization of what his country really is. All the facts his guest spits I have known for a while. He and you are just learning about them now.

IronGalaxy:

Secondly, the gangster is a Cape phenomenon, the Zamas from Lesotho are illegal gold miners and NOT gangsters ala the bloods and the crips of the US, the same with the taxi wars cabals who fight among themselves and DO NOT terrorize people, pure gangsters are found in the Cape ghettos, eg, Mitchells Plain, Hanover Park, Nyanga, Phillipi, etc, There are no gangsters where I grew up and continue to visit. Your knowledge is scant but you have a big mouth man, just shut up. You speak about my country from an angle of news headlines, you know nothing about little nuances of actually living there

Point 1. Poor bantu educated person. Look up the definition of a gangster again and then re-read the jargon you wrote neh!

Point 2. All those places and gangs you mentioned above are all spread across South africa yet your statement claimed they only exist in cape town.
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by IronGalaxy: 7:50am On Apr 09, 2023
Sepukku:

Stop giving anecdotal evidence as an example of what is a reality to many undocumented foreign nationals in South africa

You really think I just sit on a computer everyday typing huh, Poor you.

You don't know how long Sepukku has been jacked into the Matrix of Nairaland,Do you.

"let me show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Ps. Penuel's insights into South africa are that of a young man coming into realization of what his country really is. All the facts he spits I have know for a while.

Point 1. Poor bantu educaion. Look up the definition of a gangster agian and then re-read the jargon you wrote and see how dull your brain is.

Point 2. All those places and gangs you mentioned above are all spread across South africa yet your statement claimed they only exist in cape town.

You simply have no clue what you're talking about that's the problem, but the loudmouth...

Point 1. A Nigerian doctor says he is scared to come to SA because of gangs and xenophobia, You raise Zama Zamas as an example... you clearly have no idea where and how they exist ,where they're situated and what they do, etc, but hey! you know everything even and everyone's a "dull brain" right? Trust me you'll never learn anything with this attitude because you always think you know better than the best next person and you think you're smarter than you actually are.

Zamas Zamas are illegal miners mostly from Lesotho and they mostly exist in old-ming towns or abandoned mines, Zama means "Chance" they're basically "taking chances in finding gold, minerals" etc, Why would a Nigerian doctor coming to SA worry about these people? I mean even in Mexico, they warn you about cartels and where they're situated why would you thread there?

As for xenophobia, again if it really was that bad, immigrants would be packing their bags and leaving for their respective countries but the opposite is happening, they're flocking in! Now surely you flee hostile places yes, No? This is not anecdotal, it's logical Look at Ukraine, look at how everyone is leaving. Is the same happening in SA? You guys overstate this "Xenophobia" thing when you have little insight into what's happening on the ground. I repeat they are comfortable, even demanding from our government when they can't even do that to their own..COMFORTABLE!!

Point2. Ghettoes/Projects/etc exist in the whole of SA but gangs and rampant gangsterism, that's primarily a Cape Town phenomenon my guy, either you take it or not these are FACTS why do you think Cape Town is SA's murder capital? it's because of places like Mannenberg teeming with gangs

Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by Sepukku: 8:16am On Apr 09, 2023
IronGalaxy:
You simply have no clue what you're talking about that's the problem, but the loudmouth...

Point 1. A Nigerian doctor says he is scared to come to SA because of gangs and xenophobia, You raise Zama Zamas as an example... you clearly have no idea where and how they exist ,where they're situated and what they do, etc, but hey! you know everything even and everyone's a "dull brain" right? Trust me you'll never learn anything with this attitude because you always think you know better than the best next person and you think you're smarter than you actually are. Zamas Zamas are illegal miners mostly from Lesotho and they most exist in old-ming towns or abandoned mines, Zama means "Chance" they're basically "taking chances in finding gold, minerals" etc, Why would a Nigerian doctor coming to SA worry about these people?

The doctor should be scared for his life out there because he def can become a victim of gangsters or xenophobia and nothing you say is gonna sugar coat that.

Yes Zama Zama's from Lesotho are not gangsters and don't commit henious crimes on civilians**in sarcastic tone**. This is the reason a group of them raped innocent civilians and continue to terrorize communities by shooting up taverns. SMH!

IronGalaxy:

As for xenophobia, again if it really was that bad, immigrants would be packing their bags and leaving for their respective countries but the opposite is happening, they're flocking in< surely you flee hostile places yes, No? This is not anecdotal, it's logical Look at Ukraine, look at how everyone is leaving. Is the same happening in SA? You guys overstate this "Xenophobia" thing when you have little insight of what's happening on the ground. I repeat they are comfortable, even demanding from our government when they can't even do that to their own..COMFORTABLE!!

As for the rest of your gibberish, points to take in

Point 1. Illegal foreign nationals have no choices but to take the xenophobic attitudes they encounter there on a daily basis from people and institutions in SA because they are there on an economic basis.

Point 2. They keep flocking there because of the white monopoly controlled capitalist system that provides opportunities for them, despite the xenophobic conditions they currently are facing. Case in point, racism is alive and well in America, don't people still flock there regardless. The fact that people are still flocking into the country does not negate the fact that Xenophobi is alive and well.

IronGalaxy:

Point2. Ghettoes/Projects/etc exist in the whole of SA but gangs and rampant gangsterism, that's primarily a Cape Town phenomenon my guy, either you take it or not these are FACTS

Tell that to the all them folks being shot in Durban neh.
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by IronGalaxy: 8:25am On Apr 09, 2023
Sepukku:

The doctor should be scared for his life out there because he def can become a victim of gangsters or xenophobia and nothing you say is gonna sugar coat that.

Lol, of course, he can that's life, it has no guarantees, I can be kidnapped by a Cartel in Mexico or by Boko Karam in Nigeria or die in an explosion in Saudi by Isis, or be engulfed by an avalanche in the Swiss alps, etc etc, that's life my friend....but what are the chances of a Nigerian doctor being killed by a Zama Zama...very very slim no sugarcoating here

Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by Sepukku: 8:31am On Apr 09, 2023
IronGalaxy:
Lol, of course, he can that's life, it has no guarantees, I can be kidnapped by a Cartel in Mexico or by Boko Karam in Nigeria or die in an explosion in Saudi by Isis, or be engulfed by an avalanche in the Swiss alps, etc etc, that's life my friend....but what are the chances of a Nigerian doctor being killed by a Zama Zama...very very slim no sugarcoating here

In South Africa, I would say more likely than getting mugged or shot on the streets of America. Aren't like 2 or 3 of your cities on the top 20 list of most dangerous cities?

PS. I like how you completely ignore the statement about how these Zama zama terrorize certain communities in SA.
Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by IronGalaxy: 8:33am On Apr 09, 2023
Sepukku:

In South Africa, I would say more likely than getting mugged or shot on the streets of America. Aren't like 2 or 3 of your cities on the top 20 list of most dangerous cities?
And I feel very safe here than I think I would in Nigeria amidst all of that wink

Re: Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa by Sepukku: 8:35am On Apr 09, 2023
IronGalaxy:
And I feel very safe here than I think I would in Nigeria amidst all of that wink

Its a feeling, not the reality.

United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight / Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) / Sewage Truck Falls In Asaba (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73