Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America (52041 Views)

Reasons I Can't Send Money Home From Abroad / Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by nwetadinobi042(m): 7:48am On Apr 07, 2023
Issorite
Tadadobe:

There is no Future for you in Nigeria and there won't be. You use your mouth to claim what you want. As for me and my family, we will keep making headway
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by luvyaself95(m): 7:54am On Apr 07, 2023
writetopoker:
If you actually made up your mind not to travel, honestly you wouldn't be here informing us that you change your mind. are we there when you made up your mind in the first place?

People like you are those that, if they try on something and can not succeed they try to stop or discourage anyone possible.

it is a satanic spirit and comes in the form of black crab attitude.
Black crabs in an open bucket can not escape because, when any of them tries to climb up and escape the rest of the black crabs will drag it down.

it is satanic

Witches Witches dey do him 🤧
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by luvyaself95(m): 7:55am On Apr 07, 2023
irumole1975:
Lol. Pls dollars should not come down o. Imagine getting #250k instead of #800k when we send $1000 home to buy cement to build our houses
your thoughts and pray no go work 🙏🏾
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by bluestone2015: 8:23am On Apr 07, 2023
$1 to 250 naira is not much different.
I hail you oo.
How much is the Philippine peso to USD?
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 07, 2023
Ifyz0001:
You are writing based on your own knowledge I can understand. You are comparing the US dollar to currencies like the naira? You think the us will come up with a policy that will make the value depreciates sharply? You think they have incompetent hands on their economy like us here in Nigeria? Even if the US Dollars is universally not used for transactions worldwide it would never depreciate like our own naira if we still have incompetent presidents and leaders in our country.

So don't deceive yourself. Is it only the US Dollars that has good value what of euro, pounds and even Kuwait...when you send these currency down to naira isn't it millions here? Are they the most widely used currencies worldwide?

Abeg reason well, so your children will not blame you in the future, travel if you want to travel and don't if you don't want to.

Abeg come and be forming knowledge or wisdom over here on nairaland, pls

Do aboki accept Kuwait dinar and euro just like they accept dollar in Lagos? I've never seen anyone xchange other money there except dollars
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Joshaw8: 8:34am On Apr 07, 2023
sonnie10:
Countries choose to use the U.S. dollar as their alternative currency because it is stable. Stability of currency is not only based on economics but other factors like security, policies and strong rule of law.
The strength of the American economy is one of the reasons why the U.S. dollar is the world's dominant currency. No other country has open book policies like the US. Investor love transparency., which allows for near accurate predictions. So, the investment would continue to flow in to make US the largest economy in world. Remember that the world's most commonly used currency, the dollar is also the world's reserve currency, meaning it's held in large quantities by central banks around the world. Dollar was established as the world's foremost reserve currency by the Bretton Woods Agreement of 1944. and as of March 2021, nearly half of all US banknotes were held by foreign citizens, amounting to roughly $950 billion. These people trust the system to protect their money.
This is the reason US is the greatest country on earth and no other country can take that position for now
That is not why we use dollars in foreign transactions,go and read about what happened in 1973,dollars was just like naira then until u.s forced Saudi arabia(the largest oil nd gas supplier then)to start collecting dollars for oil(petrodollars),it made people start sourcing for dollars
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by pacespot(m): 8:37am On Apr 07, 2023
Tadadobe:
[/b]

If you have sense, you'll know there are more insecurities in America than nigeria. Search how many gun violence and mass shootings this year alone in America. America wey you fit dey class receive lecture and one angry teen will shoot everyone dead

Mumu boy using occasional gun violence in America to justify insecurities in Nigeria where one virgin-starved Aboki can just slaughter you like a ram because he wants to meet 72 virgins in heaven, and your family will not even get to see your body buried to say their last wishes.

Is it Nigeria where your life is always at danger whenever you use Nigeria roads from trigger happy police or army waiting to collect their N100 bribe that you are comparing with God's own country America?

If you think Nigeria is the best country in the world, then why bordering to leave the country then.

undecided Mugu

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Blupen(m): 9:12am On Apr 07, 2023
money121:

Naso una dey do for here
Boss no be my fault ooh, na so me self come see am ooh, make i use our national anthem "nothing is too small boss and nothing is too big boss"
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:31am On Apr 07, 2023
ibrocool:
You are actually wrong. America actually enforce their dollar on countries all over the world. That's how they become rich.

Do you know what actually made Gaddafi, the former president of Libya to be killed? It is because he asked African countries to develop a currency just like Euro that will be used to trade within the continent.

America knew it will crumble Dollar and quickly instigate unrest in the country through the use of media. That lead to the death of a great man.

They bribe or threaten government officials of any country that try to change that. With more circulation of dollar in the world, the more value the currency have.

Just to think of it, how does a country like America that does not produce oil, food or technology end up becoming the richest country in the world ?

😮😱😱😱

Ibro please I take God beg you do not make the mistake of uttering this statement in a public gathering like an office. The embarrassment might be unbearable.

They can even use it to give you nickname o...

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by internationalman(m): 10:05am On Apr 07, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

😮😱😱😱

Ibro please I take God beg you do not make the mistake of uttering this statement in a public gathering like an office. The embarrassment might be unbearable.

They can even use it to give you nickname o...

As in en. The confidence he's using to speed the rubbish..

How can someone said America does not produce oil, food and technology when the said America is the leading producer of those things.

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by internationalman(m): 10:07am On Apr 07, 2023
ibrocool:
You are actually wrong. America actually enforce their dollar on countries all over the world. That's how they become rich.

Do you know what actually made Gaddafi, the former president of Libya to be killed? It is because he asked African countries to develop a currency just like Euro that will be used to trade within the continent.

America knew it will crumble Dollar and quickly instigate unrest in the country through the use of media. That lead to the death of a great man.

They bribe or threaten government officials of any country that try to change that. With more circulation of dollar in the world, the more value the currency have.

[b] Just to think of it, how does a country like America that does not produce oil, food or technology end up becoming the richest country in the world? [b/]

Bro please take down this your comment because of that last paragraph. You are embarrassing yourself.

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by frankson1(m): 10:55am On Apr 07, 2023
sonnie10:
Countries choose to use the U.S. dollar as their alternative currency because it is stable. Stability of currency is not only based on economics but other factors like security, policies and strong rule of law.
The strength of the American economy is one of the reasons why the U.S. dollar is the world's dominant currency. No other country has open book policies like the US. Investor love transparency., which allows for near accurate predictions. So, the investment would continue to flow in to make US the largest economy in world. Remember that the world's most commonly used currency, the dollar is also the world's reserve currency, meaning it's held in large quantities by central banks around the world. Dollar was established as the world's foremost reserve currency by the Bretton Woods Agreement of 1944. and as of March 2021, nearly half of all US banknotes were held by foreign citizens, amounting to roughly $950 billion. These people trust the system to protect their money.
This is the reason US is the greatest country on earth and no other country can take that position for now

You should go back and read this thorough..

The decline started since last year and in 2022 the US dollar share of global foreign exchange reserves fell below 59%.

All these your copy and paste will make no meaning if the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia go through with their plans of ditching the US dollar.

I hope you understand what petrodollar means and how it strengthens the US dollar and what it will do to the US dollar once it's stopped undecided

Una too like assss licking undecided undecided
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by frankson1(m): 10:58am On Apr 07, 2023
SisterAnn:
Who wants to deemphasize dollars?

Are we back to the days of 1$ to N1

You should follow world news and politics and leave nairalànd for awhile.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by frankson1(m): 11:00am On Apr 07, 2023
amigo1088:

I think dollar has already started loosing it's place as the global reserve currency.

and when it completely does... Hmmm, make I just shut my mouth

They're not aware, even the KSA is planning to end the Petrodollar trade system.
Their information starts and end on nairaland.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:18am On Apr 07, 2023
frankson1:

It's normal

It rise and fall, rise and fall

At a time some months ago euro and dollar were at parity, dollar even went higher than euro.

During COVID crude was -0 dollars later it climbed back up to $70+ it is still is now.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by ahmedio2017(m): 11:23am On Apr 07, 2023
frankson1:

They're not aware, even the KSA is planning to end the Petrodollar trade system.
Their information starts and end on nairaland.

But still other countries is still there to explore
Nigeria has a long way to go my brother
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by objobj: 11:34am On Apr 07, 2023
writetopoker:
If you actually made up your mind not to travel, honestly you wouldn't be here informing us that you change your mind. are we there when you made up your mind in the first place?

People like you are those that, if they try on something and can not succeed they try to stop or discourage anyone possible.

it is a satanic spirit and comes in the form of black crab attitude.
Black crabs in an open bucket can not escape because, when any of them tries to climb up and escape the rest of the black crabs will drag it down.

it is satanic

why black crab. crab is crab.
idiotic sense like you
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by SisterAnn(f): 11:56am On Apr 07, 2023
frankson1:

But your conduct doesn't show you as knowledgeable at all.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by bluefilm: 11:56am On Apr 07, 2023
America is living in its past glory.

And even the little glory they had, they are bent of destroying it all with their WOKEISM.

Thank God for giving us Russia.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by frankson1(m): 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

It's normal

It rise and fall, rise and fall

At a time some months ago euro and dollar were at parity, dollar even went higher than euro.

During COVID crude was -0 dollars later it climbed back up to $70+ it is still is now.

I'm not talking about the rise and fall of the US dollar but countries who are planning on dumping the currency which if this happens, the US dollar and economy will never remain the same again.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by frankson1(m): 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2023
SisterAnn:
But your conduct doesn't show you as knowledgeable at all.

You should do well to explain your statement otherwise, it makes no meaning to anyone.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by coldsummer: 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2023
I don't know why you all are responding to this kind of beer parlor write up that has no credibility.

De-emphasize dollar just dey happen just like that. When your country's financial leaders don't have single sense and cannot think of any policy that's been helpful

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Tadeus(m): 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:
It's okay to dream about the dollar going back to $1 = 250 naira.

I remember that was the amount £1 was trading for when I went to study for my masters in the UK over a decade ago.

Dollar going back to #250 got nothing to do with dollar value but Nigeria economy. CBN policy coupled with stagnant/ retrogressive economy was what made naira useless not dollar.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Maski87: 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
With jagaban government, 1 dollar will be 14 naira, and all those people who come every December to take our chicks,well the party is over

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Limassol(m): 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2023
Tadadobe:
With the recent news that dollars is going to be deemphasized and might probably lose values, I'm beginning to think twice about my relocation move. My uncle that recently came back from the US gave me $5000 to do business and I initially thought about using this money to move abroad.

I'm not like an average Nigerian who get carried away with "there are good road and 99hr power supply abroad". When I travel, I'm going there to go and make money not to count ceiling and take hot picture for the Instagram and to pepper people at home.

If dollars get decentralized and $1 = about #250, thouh this development will not go well with people abroad since they'll have fear that the little they send home will no longer be able to surprise anyone, and their usual conversion strategy will no longer work. But on the other hand, this move will help people in Nigeria as there won't be that much of a difference between someone earning #500,000 in Nigeria and the one earning $3000 abroad

$ will be "decentralised"? Are you dreaming?

Which source did you read that from?

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Limassol(m): 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2023
tamdun:
Did u guys notice that the richest man in ur Street/lga/state all made their money in NIG? U will never see any londoner or Americana among them,nig isn't that bad if u look at it from diff angle

Why would someone (Nigerian or otherwise) who made their money in another country live in Nigeria?

Probably, you think Nigeria is all that is on this planet.

But everything suggests there are lots of countries here in Africa doing way better than this country on almost every development index.

Of course , it ain't entirely bad as the country obviously isn't not the worst on earth but living in Nigeria is increasingly becoming frustratingly hard and tough.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2023
pacespot:

Mumu boy using occasional gun violence in America to justify insecurities in Nigeria where one virgin-starved Aboki can just slaughter you like a ram because he wants to meet 72 virgins in heaven, and your family will not even get to see your body buried to say their last wishes.

Is it Nigeria where your life is always at danger whenever you use Nigeria roads from trigger happy police or army waiting to collect their N100 bribe that you are comparing with God's own country America?

If you think Nigeria is the best country in the world, then why bordering to leave the country then.

undecided Mugu

Occasional? It happen everyday. I know you're not sound to be having Intellectual disscusion with someone like me but Please use your Google.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 07, 2023
sonnie10:

You people and shamelessly licking ass of people wey no care about you 😂
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Mummyimbecile(m): 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
Tadadobe:

You people and shamelessly licking ass of people wey no care about you 😂
He is not asslicking bro, he said it as it is.

The United States of America remains the strongest and greatest country in the World.

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by SisterAnn(f): 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
frankson1:

You should do well to explain your statement otherwise, it makes no meaning to anyone.
You failed to educate where you perceived ignorance. What does that make you?
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2023
pacespot:

undecided Mugu

This one na for yesterday. I'll share the One of today cuz we don't know how many people will be killed by gun yet

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
He is not asslicking bro, he said it as it is.

The United States of America remains the strongest and greatest country in the World.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lockdown Ease: I Drove Around Lagos (pics, Video) / Man Saved By His Seat Belt After Falling Off A Bridge In Ghastly Accident / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67