Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. (20831 Views)

Center Motor Registry CMR AKA( Police Vehicle Clearance) / Police Launch An Online Portal For Reporting Stolen Vehicles / Nigeria Hub Of Stolen Vehicles - Zainab Ahmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by BluntCrazeMan: 6:52am On Apr 07, 2023
About the Nigeria Police Force Central Motor Registry Information System (CMRIS)
Welcome to the
Central Motor Registry Information System (CMRIS)

This application is to enable motor vehicle owners seamlessly apply for Nigeria Police Central Motor Registry information about vehicle ownership and other details that will be useful in the investigation of motor vehicle theft and recovery and for enhancing national security.

How To Apply

Step 1
Click "Get Started"

Step 2
Create a profile using NIN or Driver's Licence or TIN

Step 3
If profile exists, login using your access credentials

Step 4
CMR Request: Select a Request, then Select a Sub Request

Step 5
Provide Vehicle Details and click “Next”

Step 6
Check box to confirm accuracy of Vehicle Details and click “Proceed”

Step 7
View invoice and click “Make Payment” using any of the payment methods

Step 8
Details of request will be sent to registered phone number or email address.

Source:
https://cmris.npf.gov.ng

One of the functions of the Nigeria Police Force is to protect the properties of citizens. This service is created for members of the public to report their stolen and yet to be recovered vehicles which occured from 1st January, 2018.

About this Service

Incidences of vehicle theft are reported to the Nigeria Police Force for investigation that would lead to the recovery of such vehicles, apprehension and prosecution of the offenders. Some of the stolen vehicles end up not being recovered and the perpetrators end up escaping the long arms of the law.
This tends to encourage the continued indulgence in the unwholesome activity and attracting other criminally-minded persons to engage in it.

The Nigeria Police Force in its determined effort to protect the properties of citizens in Nigeria, created this website to enable members of the public report their vehicles that were stolen from 1st January 2018 and yet to be recovered.
It is a free service and a precursor to the transition of the current method of registering vehicles by the Nigeria Police Central Motor Registry (CMR) to a digitized mode with the aim of checkmating and preventing the registration of such stolen vehicles.

This service is available up till 31st of December 2022 as the modernized CMR including its e-enforcement operations will commence on 1st December 2022. Members of the public are therefore enjoined to seize this window of opportunity to report the theft of their vehicle which are yet to be recovered and support the Nigeria Police Force efforts at enhancing national security.

How to Report

•Your vehicle had been stolen between January 2018 and 31st Dec 2022.

•The theft was reported to the Nigeria Police Force through one of its Divisions/Stations

•If not reported, go to the Police Station to make a report. Otherwise Continue

•As at date, the vehicle is yet to be recovered, then

Step 1
Click Get Started to create a profile and register on the platform

Step 2
Select Current State and LGA of residence and click “Next”

Step 3
Provide the required information about the stolen vehicle and submit.

Source:
https://reportcmr.npf.gov.ng/

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1644064508846002181?t=eIN_YJjDjdfCD72TXZDUDA

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by BluntCrazeMan: 6:54am On Apr 07, 2023
More Photos

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by BluntCrazeMan: 6:54am On Apr 07, 2023
Ok naa.

Developing a digitized portal is not the main problem.

The actual problem here is putting the so-called Digitized Portal to good use.,, and to actually use it to find stolen vehicles for real.

They shouldn't use this as an eye-service trick on us, just for them to cut a big chunk of the Nigerian Budget..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by Westerhoffe(m): 8:02am On Apr 07, 2023
This would make sense a lot as it woud be hassle free.

1 Like

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by 9icetoo(m): 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
I hope the NPF won't start demanding for this document on the road.

Vehicle registration is the responsibility of the Vehicle licensing office as enshrined in the road traffic act.

It did not list the NPF as an agency in vehicle registrations.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by BluntCrazeMan: 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
9icetoo:

Vehicle registration is the responsibility of the Vehicle licensing office as enshrined in the road traffic act.

This only mean two things..

1. It's either that the NPF and the Vehicle Licencing Office had not synchronized their vehicle data and activities...

2. Or that, if they had synchronized, it means that the information contained in the data obtained by the Vehicle Licencing Office is not enough for the NPF to work with, which now prompted the NPF to start seeking the data by themselves, and thereby usurping the functions of another Office upon themselves...

Whichever way,, it still shows a strong pointer towards malfunction and incompetence of one (or both) of the offices.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by manutdrichie(m): 3:36pm On Apr 08, 2023
grin
Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by CarGuideNG: 3:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
We provide a similar service, but for imported vehicles. Reports covering vehicle history prior to export to Nigeria, details including prior accidents, flood or other damage, factory specs and features, service and repair history. Reports typically include photos showing vehicle condition prior to arrival in Nigeria.
Our service has been instrumental in detecting dozens of stolen vehicles, usually late model Lexus and Toyota vehicles, shipped from Canada and put up for sale in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by chicoMX(m): 3:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
Step 7 no too clear..

View invoice and make payments.

What are we paying for and how much?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by Mercury12(m): 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
Children of hate where una dey ?
Pls come out and wail as usual undecided
Tinubu go sprinkle holy water on una las las

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by gaskiyamagana: 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
It will not work.
Anything about Nigeria system always end up in fraud, especially dis #100 collector police officers around the town that are ready to kill if not given .

8 Likes

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by bigdammyj: 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2023
Noted.
Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by GreaterFuture(m): 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2023
Long Overdue

1 Like

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by NaijaOlosho(f): 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2023
grin
Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by Quest7777: 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
Any new technogical innovation in Naija does not trip me again until I see it deployed & functioning effectively.
Naija Govt has a way of turning simple stuffs into rocket science. cool

That was how INEC scammed us with BVAS/IREV. When it got to the critical part of immediately uploading results, they said they had over 12million cyber attacks. cool

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by nurey(m): 3:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
More like NPF new money making portal. Everything in this country is rocket science, we pay tax so salaries of the police can be paid which is the appreciation of job weldone.
Someone vehicle is stolen still dey ask am to pay tooth and hand for NPF to do their job grin

Nah to find every legal means leave this country even if nah to swim through Atlantic reach foreign shores.

11 Likes

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by money121(m): 3:46pm On Apr 08, 2023
Ok
Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by greggng: 3:47pm On Apr 08, 2023
9icetoo:

Cmr has been part of vehicle particulars for years .is the only document with police logo ...

1 Like

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by WelcomeToBiafra: 3:48pm On Apr 08, 2023
Before SARS led by Abba Kyari Nigeria police force were massacring Biafran youths with the gifts of technologies; by tagging them Yahoo boys.

Now Nigeria police force have become yahoo police force selling papers and applications to the vehicle owners.

Biafra Government in Abroad are watching the zoo police force.

If I lie click quote if not share it to the world.

1 Like

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by saasala(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2023
A cool way for the Nigerian police to extort us.

4 Likes

Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by ericfabulous(m): 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2023
Nice development
Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by MuMuOnBail: 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2023
na wa ooo

I hope the NPF create a portal for missing Pr!cks and skull.

With all honesty you can also check my previous comments, I was once a huge supporter of Peter Obi. I was a card carrying Obidient.

But I made a very wonder decision and I didn't regrate it and I will never regrate that I voted Jagaban.

WHY?

I jokingly told my side chick a night before the election, that I will not vote Peter Obi and this mumu lady deprived me of what I use to spend money on. MAY JA RASTAFARI PUNISH HER!!!

Is Obidient now a Cult group or is Peter Obi a god that all must worship??

I know many people like me voted Asiwanju because of the madness of the so called Obidient movement.

Even if Jagaban become more worst than Buhari, I am happy I voted him

Thanks Jesus that I broke from the chain of this society. I was lost but now I am found
Re: The NPF Digitalized Central Motor Registry And Stolen Vehicles Reporting Portal. by xeratech: 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car / Tesla Model 3 Is America’s Best-selling Premium Car In 2018 / Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.