Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,016 members, 7,838,555 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

The Travils If Th3 Middle Belt And An Ungrateful Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Travils If Th3 Middle Belt And An Ungrateful Nation (208 Views)

Railways Along The Belt And Road: Megaprojects Transforming Nigeria / Reno Omokri Dumps Politics: Nigerians Are Ungrateful, They Deserve Buhari Govt / Karma Made Middle Belt And Northern Christians Busy ,"if Not Igbos Go Here Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Travils If Th3 Middle Belt And An Ungrateful Nation by ahaz: 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2023
I was discussing with my dad over the issues happening in the middle belt and the old man simply said,"NIGERIA IS UNGRATEFUL", and I asked, dad, why did you say that? he replied," If you see the number of middle belt youths that died keeping Nigeria one, you will curse all those troubling their children today".
My dad was a veteran of the civil war, though as an Igbo, he fought on the Biafran side as expected, he for once never believed that the middle belt will for one day be treated this way after the so much sacrifice they made for this country.

Now, am writing this piece with apologies to other ethnic nationality who have also contributed to the success of Nigeria on one way or the other..But am getting to point out that the middle belt has suffered unjustly with treatment that is not commensurate to their contributions to this State called Nigeria.

The few appointments they enjoyed over the years can not be measured to what they deserved compared to what other Sally's have enjoyed in the present day Nigeria and yet, they did not complain...All they ask for is just peace..Then I ask, is it too much to ask?

No nation succeeds with such an amount of impunity and gross injustice, I bleed and weep for the middle belt as a patriotic Nigerian and I urged al irrespective of tribe or political affiliation to at least stand for what is right and say enough of the killings in the middle belt under whatever guise..lets not pretend that all.is welll because we are not feeling the heat now.lets lend our voices to comdeme evil and aways speak in solidarity with this people as Nigerians.
GOD BLESS US ALL
LONG LIVE OUR COUNTRT NIGERIA.

(1) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka-Older Generations V GenZ / “No-man’s Land”: HISTORICAL FACTS About Nigeria / Lagos Assembly Stops Salaries Of Government Appointees Without House Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.