Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

The Concept Of The Original Sin And The Message Of Good Friday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Concept Of The Original Sin And The Message Of Good Friday (210 Views)

Sex On Good Friday / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. / Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Concept Of The Original Sin And The Message Of Good Friday by IniAkpanMorgan(m): 5:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
There has been no time at which sin has been a part of divine nature, and this was what led to the conception of "the original sin". This means that Adam lived a kind of life devoid of sin before his sinful nature was introduced. So the concept of the original sin removes every human being from the original life of Adam.

Two concepts are from here thrown up: the concept of the original life and that of the original sin. What this shows is that it is only Adam in the entire human history that lived and experienced the original life, every other human being was born i to the original sin, which makes the original life impossible in man.

It had to do with the natural mindset of the sinful nature. As a man thinks in his heart, so he is. Nothing physically changed about Adam but his focus left the development of his soul into oneness with God and became rather worried about how he looked, when he had always looked that way.

This is where Adam, by the concept of the original sin, became "the First Adam". Adam alone, in the entire human race, and to some degree Eve, his wife, knew and experienced the original life; as compared to the life he later experienced after his former nature changed into the sinful nature.

He lost the life of rest and plenty for the life of labour and need.

This is from where divine nature allocated to every man after Adam the inheritance of the original sin, imputing on man the sinful nature by birth. This generated the mandate for his redemption, necessitating the need for the divine intervention that produce "the Last Adam".

Here is also where the concept of the original sin brought up the divine responsibility of introducing human race to "the concept of the original life" and hence, the message of Good Friday.

Good Friday says that in the process of traversing the path to human salvation, the Almighty God sought a man among earthly men through whom he would find the mandate of man for God to enter into the affairs of sin men and help humanity out of the sinful nature.

He found that man in Abram, first by a trying obidience of accepting to take a walk with God to an unknown destination (Genesis 12:1). Then he accepted to relinquish every benefit accruing to him from a political and economic conquest over 4 nations (Genesis 14:14-16; 21-23), in order to be worthy of sharing a futuristic spiritual meal with God, in order to institute the comimg of the "Last Adam" (Genesis 14:18-20, Hebrews 7:1-3, 6-11).

Finally, he was ready to offer "his only begotten son", "begotten" in the sense of the legality of the sonship, as a burnt offering unto God, for a purpose he could not fathom, yet he obeyed(Genesis 22:1-15). At this point, and until the law came, men who walked with God, walked with him without any law. At this point God found a people in humanity with whom he could prepare himself as the sacrifice for the salvation of man.

The Law and the Prophet came with Moses. Before God gave the law by Moses, the question is: how did God relate with the Patriarchs without the law? And scriptures says "blessed is the man to whom God imputes no sin (Romans 4:cool. It is the law that holds us guilty of sin (Romans 4:15). What held the Patriachs guilty of sin? Absolutely nothing. Read the scriptures!

From Abraham to Isaac to Jacob and to the Patriachs before Moses: they all lived their lives without the law and they made their own errors with nothing accusing them. They carried the presence of God in their thinking.

At this point, God introduce the law in order for the walkers with him to see what the weight of sin is all about, what it entails, and why it must be dealt with. But those to whom he committed this mandate, by the virtue of their being the children of Abraham, who received the promise and the covenant of salvation, failed to understand the relationship God sought with them as his representatives to mankind.

The same distraction has remove Christianity from the primary goal of living into communities. Instead of living into communities, Christians have traditionalised the example of the Levitical Order, which demotes the Mechizedekan/Abrahamic embrace that brought Christ before and after the law.

God works only with those who understand his mindset. The message of Good Friday tells us that we need not conform to thoughts generated by our sinful nature, but we should seek transformational alternative from it, by the renewing of our minds: to enable us live the mentality of the sinless life.

Romans 14:22.A.i asks "Do you have faith? Romans 14:22.A.ii answers immediately: "Have it unto your God". Then Romans 14:22B reveals the will of God for man concerning "a free conscience" by saying "Happy is the man who condemns not himself in the things he allows".

In some versions the passage says "Blessed" is the man who condemns not himself..." Even God is not interested in condemning us, no man can too. Jesus said it (John 3:17-19). Only you can condemn yourself before God by rejecting his condescension and intervention.

The Good Friday message therefore frowns at the man in Christ who traditionally asks God to forgive his sins on a daily basis. This means he is still leading a sinful life in his mindset after he has believed that God has cleansed him from all his unrighteousness.

Lets go back to Eden: nobody told the First Adam that his eyes were opened, it happened to him. Nobody told him that he was naked, it also happened to him. Nobody chased him when he ran and hid himself, it happened to him. These happened because Adam traded the original life for the sinful life by initiating sin in the human nature.

When this strange, mad-manly behaviour was inquired of him by God, he blamed his wife in8stead of taking responsibility . Adam led a life from the opposite side of his initial experience. That experience is what the message of Good Friday brings backs to us today.

That God, by himself, saw the injustice of one man who enjoyed the privilege meant for his race but locked the path against others who should also enjoy such life. By one man, sin entered the world and by one man salvation came to all men.

Rather than ask God to forgive me for my sins, I would rather accept what he has accomplished for me concerming my sins, and pray the prayer of thanksgiving for the grace he has provided for me to sin no more. You are what you say you are. As a man thinks, so he is.

I am not a sinner, so I cannot sin. I live by the grace of God without any law imposing itself on me. I live by the most superior law on the universe: the law of love. The easiest law in all existence says "Love covers all sin".

We need to move from the mindset of sinners to the mindset of the children of God. No Child of God can sin. Abraham lived exemplary, so were Isaac, Jacob and the Partiarchs. Their lives were never without their own errors but they all lived in peace with God until their offsprings became stiffnecked.

Scriptures say "Blessed is the man on whom God imputes no sin". Lets all strive for that measure of faith with God: we do no longer need to pray for the forvieness of sìn becsuse there is no sin in divine nature, with which we are clothed.

God bless you all

Happy Good Friday folks!

Ini Akpan Morgan is called an Apostle tp Teach truth with the vigour of a Prophet

Re: The Concept Of The Original Sin And The Message Of Good Friday by Kobojunkiee: 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2023
IniAkpanMorgan:
God works only with those who understand his mindset. The message of Good Friday tells us that we need not conform to thoughts generated by our sinful nature, but we should seek transformational alternative from it, by the renewing of our minds: to enable us live the mentality of the sinless life. Romans 14:22.A.i asks "Do you have faith? Romans 14:22.A.ii answers immediately: "Have it unto your God". Then Romans 14:22B reveals the will of God for man concerning "a free conscience" by saying "Happy is the man who condemns not himself in the things he allows". In some versions the passage says "Blessed" is the man who condemns not himself..." Even God is not interested in condemning us, no man can too. Jesus said it (John 3:17-19). Only you can condemn yourself before God by rejecting his condescension and intervention.
The Good Friday message therefore frowns at the man in Christ who traditionally asks God to forgive his sins on a daily basis. This means he is still leading a sinful life in his mindset after he has believed that God has cleansed him from all his unrighteousness. ....That experience is what the message of Good Friday brings backs to us today. That God, by himself, saw the injustice of one man who enjoyed the privilege meant for his race but locked the path against others who should also enjoy such life. By one man, sin entered the world and by one man salvation came to all men. Rather than ask God to forgive me for my sins, I would rather accept what he has accomplished for me concerming my sins, and pray the prayer of thanksgiving for the grace he has provided for me to sin no more. You are what you say you are. As a man thinks, so he is.
I am not a sinner, so I cannot sin. I live by the grace of God without any law imposing itself on me. I live by the most superior law on the universe: the law of love. The easiest law in all existence says "Love covers all sin". We need to move from the mindset of sinners to the mindset of the children of God. No Child of God can sin. Abraham lived exemplary, so were Isaac, Jacob and the Partiarchs. Their lives were never without their own errors but they all lived in peace with God until their offsprings became stiffnecked. Scriptures say "Blessed is the man on whom God imputes no sin". Lets all strive for that measure of faith with God: we do no longer need to pray for the forvieness of sìn becsuse there is no sin in divine nature, with which we are clothed.
I couldn't make heads or tails of the entire write-up as it seems you copied stuff over without bothering to edit it afterward. I was however able to get from it an obsession with the mindset. undecided

1. Where in scripture did God ever inform you that He is interested in the mindset of men towards Him and all this stuff you attempt here to spew? undecided

2. Good Friday ritual is a farce since Scripture has it instead that Jesus Christ died on the Thursday after the Passover, but was not buried until the day after since the Thursday was a Holy day - Leviticus 23 vs 4 - 8. Since Good Friday is a farce, doesn't it then mean that your so-called Good Friday message is equally a farce? undecided

3. Move from the mindset of sinners to the mindset of Children of God? Interesting, and how do you propose people do this? According to God, He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous — their sins render their prayers and petitions filthy, and abomination, to God—, even their many prayers for forgiveness of sins go unanswered because of their many sins. So, definitely, you cannot transition from being a sinner to a Child of God simply by asking God to forgive you your sins. So, how? undecided
Re: The Concept Of The Original Sin And The Message Of Good Friday by AllenforGOD(m): 7:40pm On Apr 07, 2023
You are making confusions of yourself! following the doctorines of men! DELUSIONS!
Re: The Concept Of The Original Sin And The Message Of Good Friday by sonmvayina(m): 7:52pm On Apr 07, 2023
Smart Romans

Create a problem(original sin)

Sell people the solution(jesus)

Cash out every Sunday...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Do You See? / Listen To What This Imam Says Will Happen To RCCG Camp If Jesus Doesn’t Come / Middle Belt Killings: Where Is Christian Association Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.