Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,800 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g (678 Views)

MTN Network Is Back! / This Is How Fast MTN 5G Network Is! / Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Faakhir: 9:25am On Apr 08, 2023
I don't know what my phone is showing me
The phone is showing me 4g in the network bar but if u check the Sim status, it is showing edge that is 2g
Checked gsmarena and saw that the phone supports 4g
I have selected 4g/3g/2g auto, but no changes
The Sim always show me edge in Sim status but 4g on the bar
I would have said the edge in the Sim status is d fake one, but d network speed is nothing to write home about
The Sim is an Airtel 4g LTE that was newly registered
The name of the phone is Honor 5x
Does anyone know what is causing this or does d phone not support Airtel 4g?
Please help
Pics attached
@atheistandproud
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Faakhir: 9:32am On Apr 08, 2023
Don't know why the pics are not uploading
Will try again later
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Kimiso(m): 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2023
Make propitiation bros grin
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Faakhir: 5:00pm On Apr 08, 2023
Kimiso:
Make propitiation bros grin
to who
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by KvngDavidIV(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
Go to settings and add 3G/Auto

Switch off the phone swap to sim 2

Your phone is 3g but it can hold airtel network of 4g
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Faakhir: 7:16pm On Apr 08, 2023
KvngDavidIV:
Go to settings and add 3G/Auto

Switch off the phone swap to sim 2

Your phone is 3g but it can hold airtel network of 4g
I have already done that
I selected 4g/3g/2g auto but no changes
I have swapped it from Sim 1 to Sim 2 back to Sim 1 now, no changes cry
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Kaybaba5(m): 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
Your phone is chinko
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Faakhir: 8:00pm On Apr 08, 2023
Kaybaba5:
Your phone is chinko

You may be correct
Because d rom is showing me 64gb whereas it is actually 16gb and ram is showing 4gb whereas it is actually 2gb
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Incredible128: 8:05pm On Apr 08, 2023
It could be that Ur phone doesn't support Airtel Nigeria's 4g band, try putting in another 4g enabled SIM, maybe MTN
Faakhir:
You may be correct
Because d rom is showing me 64gb whereas it is actually 16gb and ram is showing 4gb whereas it is actually 2gb
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Faakhir: 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
Incredible128:
It could be that Ur phone doesn't support Airtel Nigeria's 4g band, try putting in another 4g enabled SIM, maybe MTN
same thing for MTN cry
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Incredible128: 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2023
Has it been like that since you bought the phone?
Faakhir:
same thing for MTN cry
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Faakhir: 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2023
Incredible128:
Has it been like that since you bought the phone?
Yh
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Incredible128: 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2023
Toh! It's very likely u bought a phone that doesn't support Nigerian 3 and 4g bands; some of these London used Huawei and Gionee phones are like that; they only support Chinese or Indian network bands
Faakhir:
Yh

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by ojonugba2014(m): 6:53am On Apr 09, 2023
Faakhir:
I don't know what my phone is showing me
The phone is showing me 4g in the network bar but if u check the Sim status, it is showing edge that is 2g
Checked gsmarena and saw that the phone supports 4g
The Sim always show me edge in Sim status but 4g on the bar
I would have said the edge in the Sim status is d fake one, but d network speed is nothing to write home about
The Sim is an Airtel 4g LTE that was newly registered
The name of the phone is Honor 5x
Does anyone know what is causing this or does d phone not support Airtel 4g?
Please help
Pics attached
@atheistandproud

This one don carry him money go buy chinko
😂
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by atheistandproud(m): 10:31am On Apr 09, 2023
Faakhir:

I don't know what my phone is showing me. The phone is showing me 4g in the network bar but if u check the Sim status, it is showing edge that is 2g
Checked gsmarena and saw that the phone supports 4g.

The Sim always show me edge in Sim status but 4g on the bar.

I would have said the edge in the Sim status is d fake one, but d network speed is nothing to write home about. The Sim is an Airtel 4g LTE that was newly registered.

The name of the phone is Honor 5x Does anyone know what is causing this or does d phone not support Airtel 4g?

Please help
Pics attached
@atheistandproud

Yooooo. Honor 5x. Damn bro. That's a 2015 phone.

It's listed as having 2GB of RAM and 16GB of RAM. The phone does actually support Global Band 3 which Airtel uses but I think that phone is network locked. Someone network locked it.

So it's either you take it to those people that unlock "network locked" phones or just toss it away and get another one. Gaskiya.
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Faakhir: 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
Incredible128:
Toh! It's very likely u bought a phone that doesn't support Nigerian 3 and 4g bands; some of these London used Huawei and Gionee phones are like that; they only support Chinese or Indian network bands
in 3g, it supports 900/2100 bands
In 4g, it supports 1,3,7,8,20 bands
This bands are globally
Are Nigeria 3g and 4g bands among?
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Faakhir: 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
atheistandproud:

Yooooo. Honor 5x. Damn bro. That's a 2015 phone.

It's listed as having 2GB of RAM and 16GB of RAM. The phone does actually support Global Band 3 which Airtel uses but I think that phone is network locked. Someone network locked it.

So it's either you take it to those people that unlock "network locked" phones or just toss it away and get another one. Gaskiya.
My former phone was stolen and I was short of money at that moment
So, I bought this phone
Will try to see if it can be unlocked, if it can't be unlocked or it costly to unlock, I will just try to purchase another one

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by koskilala: 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
Which one come be honor 5 again? This is why I always recommend buying phones from known brands, I've never experienced such using a TECNO product.
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Incredible128: 11:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
How did u know it's supports these bands? Hope u know there are various versions of this phone? If urs is the tl00 version which I think it is, then most likely, it doesn't support Nigerian bands
Faakhir:
in 3g, it supports 900/2100 bands
In 4g, it supports 1,3,7,8,20 bands
This bands are globally
Are Nigeria 3g and 4g bands among?
Re: Please Help!! My Network Is Stuck In 2g by Faakhir: 5:17am On Apr 10, 2023
Incredible128:
How did u know it's supports these bands? Hope u know there are various versions of this phone? If urs is the tl00 version which I think it is, then most likely, it doesn't support Nigerian bands
mine is d KII-L21 version
Modified: d people who flashed dis phone before selling it are wicked grin
If I check settings, d model is KII-L21
If I connect d phone to a laptop, it shows KIW-AL10
When I checked d model name encrypted at d back of d phone, I saw KIL-TL00
So thanks for this , I have realized dat it does not support Nigeria bands

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 5 Needed / Need Number's Blaklist Software On My Phone "sonyericsson K850i" / Do You Need A Website Then Check This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.