Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,112 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos (66456 Views)

Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses / Kaduna Residents Cry Out Over Government's Plan To Demolish 300 Houses / Benue To Demolish 300 Houses Contravening Laws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by naijaking1: 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
As long as most of the buildings belong to Igbos, isallright.

Reward awaits those people who helped fight Igbos during the last election.

Since burning their shops don't directly put cash in their pocket, at least seizing their houses will do the trick.
Calling all Yorubas from Kwara, Kogi, and Togo to quickly come get your shares of Igbo houses in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Christistruth03: 4:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:
Leasing and s no longer 99 years, it's now 50. We've been paying the Oluwas annually for a 2 storey building in Ajegunle Apapa; the land bought in the 70s from Mba Family who bought from the Oluwas before then.

They should negotiate with the landowners and start paying them as it's done in Ajegunle now. They can't win in court even if they'd bought the land directly from the landowners; leases do expire and the owner can take back their land.

You don't sell but lease land. Team Nomansland, know this.

God Bless you for this information
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Elliotwaveforec: 4:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
sapele914:
Sold by Baale? Sorry for the people who purchased, or are purchasing, the same fate awaits them.

Hungry Baale, go & purport to take land back that the Federal Government was in possession of, when the land use Act came into effect on the 29th day of March 1978?

Ignorance of the law, is no excuse in law.
FG doesn't have power over land, states do under the custody of the ancestral owners. The new buyers don't have problem as the FG has breached the agreement.
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Christistruth03: 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
naijaking1:
As long as most of the buildings belong to Igbos, isallright.

Reward awaits those people who helped fight Igbos during the last election.

Since burning their shops don't directly put cash in their pocket, at least seizing their houses will do the trick.
Calling all Yorubas from Kwara, Kogi, and Togo to quickly come get your shares of Igbo houses in Lagos.

Nobody is interested in Igbo Shops it is the Leased Yoruba lands they want

I apologise if anyone touched your Property

We don’t need it God has already blessed our Land and even our Ancestors knew it
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Elliotwaveforec: 4:43pm On Apr 08, 2023
Christistruth03:

Ifako Ijaiye belongs to the Oyo O!

Ketu belongs to the Ketu People

Owu Mushin belongs to the Owu

Abule Egba belongs to the Egbas

Abule Ijesha belongs to the Ijesha

Lekki Ibeju Ajah Sangotedo belongs to the Ijebu

Egbado Areas full Badagry LG

The Egun descendants of Oduduwa’s Son the Olupopo own Badagry Town

Not to mention the Fathers of Lagos themselves the Awori

Lagos is Practically a Mini Yoruba Confederation
... and Ogudu belongs to Igbominas
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by eddynaira125: 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2023
BanyXchi:
typical delusional ibo, lazy crimeridden unproductive scums like you getting lynched around the world believes you're hardworking. Better go and fix your red mud barren erosion-ravaged poverty-stricken shithole region.

I just discovered my comments hit you so badly bro, but that is the Honest truth, just try and do some background check
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by sapele914(m): 4:49pm On Apr 08, 2023
Christistruth03:

Lands taken from the Oniru of Victoria Island by the British government 100 years ago have been returned to the Family

And the Supreme Court has already ruled on the Cases the Land belonged to the Ancestral Landowners

FG was only a Leaseholder
Nonsense Oniru family sold Victoria Island to the British government of Nigeria for about 5 million pounds sometime in the 1950’s, and only had that their land opposite Barbeach, former palace of the Oniru, Na that money TJ Papa Late Oniru as a young man & his whole family, TJ grandpa used to relocate his children, to go school flex for England in the 1950’s.

After the sale the federal government pushed them just outside VI & gave them swamp Maroko present day Oniru, Which Awolowo tried to steal from them when he was a Federal Minister under Yakubu Gowon.

Case was judged in Oniru family’s favor in the early 1990’s.

Mind you all land in Nigeria is leasehold by virtue of the provisions of the land use act 1978.
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by sapele914(m): 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

FG doesn't have power over land, states do under the custody of the ancestral owners. The new buyers don't have problem as the FG has breached the agreement.
The constitution of 1999 as Amended in section 315(5) & (6) confirms that all land in possession of the Federal Government before the commencement of the Lands Use Act cannot be touched.

They are wasting their time, General Obasanjo & his military friends knew what they were doing when they promulgated the Land Use Act.

Can anyone go and claim Otta Farms, who gave Obasanjo the money to buy such a vast parcel of land?
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by IbeOkehie: 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

Land owners in Lagos state are: the Aworis, Egbas, Ijebus and Eguns; not government. If government needs land for a public project, the Baale is approached.

In Badagry here, government can't even get land to build a secondary school because the landowners aren't giving out their land.

A land seized by the FG years ago is already being sold by Baales as the FG has refused to use it for the purpose it was given to them.

Nigerians never make arguments in good faith, only based on the benefits they HOPE will accrue from whichever fallacy they support. Some years ago, way back in 2012, I remember engaging in shouting matches with Nigerians about fuel subsidy. Even your President Buhari, Bola Tinubu and former Petroleum Minister Tam David West all claimed there was nothing like fuel subsidy and a majority of Nigerians voted for them...10 years later, the same Buhari admitted in his 2022 budget speech fuel subsidy has bankrupted Nigeria.

I know for a fact that Government is the legal owner of all land in Nigeria, but my comment here is not about that.

My take is simple and I've repeated it multiple times. Whatever the land system you believe is operational in Nigeria, the actual, practical outcomes show that land titles or property rights are not secure for anyone in the country. That's all I'm trying to impress upon you and anyone else reading, that's not an argument, it's fact.

This very case where an Oba wakes up one morning to extort residents for money is a perfect illustration of my position. Whether done by indigenes, Governor or oil company, the end result is poor economic growth due to low investment because most savvy business people are not going to buy and invest where their property can be so easily contested and impaired.

That's all. I'm not fighting with you, I have no dog in the fight. I invest in places where there are superior property rights and free markets. Nigeria is not such a place.

Have a good day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by sapele914(m): 5:01pm On Apr 08, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:
Leasing and s no longer 99 years, it's now 50. We've been paying the Oluwas annually for a 2 storey building in Ajegunle Apapa; the land bought in the 70s from Mba Family who bought from the Oluwas before then.

They should negotiate with the landowners and start paying them as it's done in Ajegunle now. They can't win in court even if they'd bought the land directly from the landowners; leases do expire and the owner can take back their land.

You don't sell but lease land. Team Nomansland, know this.
Who told you that nonsense, it is @ the discretion of the Governor, he can even give you for 75 years if he wants, or even for free.

The law (The Land Use Act 1978) only says no more freehold land in Nigeria , no lease or land hold (Right of occupancy) can exceed 99 years.
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by gbishman: 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2023
Lagos is really turning into a mad city. Just imagine the so called city of sophisted people of Nigeria. Hahahah

1 Like

Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by IbeOkehie: 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2023
gbishman:
Lagos is really turning into a mad city. Just imagine the so called city of sophisted people of Nigeria. Hahahah

It's ALWAYS been like this EVERYWHERE in Nigeria. There's zero security of property. Nigeria is a country where the people can't agree on the most basic things.

Good Luck to them.
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Nnatuu: 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2023
After all, the whole lands on earth belongs to Adam and eve...so everyone should go and regularize their properties with them...

Stupid lazy fools!

Go and work! Don't be looking for how to obtain people for this una land...
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Christistruth03: 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2023
sapele914:
Nonsense Oniru family sold Victoria Island to the British government of Nigeria for about 5 million pounds sometime in the 1950’s, and only had that their land opposite Barbeach, former palace of the Oniru, Na that money TJ Papa Late Oniru as a young man & his whole family, TJ grandpa used to relocate his children, to go school flex for England in the 1950’s.

After the sale the federal government pushed them just outside VI & gave them swamp Maroko present day Oniru, Which Awolowo tried to steal from them when he was a Federal Minister under Yakubu Gowon.

Case was judged in Oniru family’s favor in the early 1990’s.

Mind you all land in Nigeria is leasehold by virtue of the provisions of the land use act 1978.

Oniru Family are now the Title holders of Victoria Island

The Supreme Court’ classed the Contract with the British Government as a Land Lease

The Oniru are one of the Richest Families in Lagos all from Land Ownership of Victoria Island

They don’t even need to work anymore

If you want to lease Land on Victoria Island the Oniru’s Palace would be a very good place to Start from

2 Likes

Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by IbeOkehie: 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2023
Nnatuu:
After all, the whole lands on earth belongs to Adam and eve...so everyone should go and regularize their properties with them...

Stupid lazy fools!

Go and work! Don't be looking for how to obtain people for this una land...

This is how Nigerians operate though, the basic instinct of Nigerians is to take from others and give nothing in return. Nigerians want everything for FREEEE, awwoooof, take, take, take. Nigerians don't believe in paying taxes, paying electricity or water bills or paying their debts. Everything is FREE and they always have a great argument to support their greed.

The Native peoples can take their lands and resources back, as long as they're aware of the long term outcomes. The average Nigerian doesn't believe in consequences, their usual thing is to challenge the world...."what can you do?" or "do you know who I am?" Par the course.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by sapele914(m): 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
Christistruth03:

Oniru Family are now the Title holders of Victoria Island

The Supreme Court’ classed the Contract with the British Government as a Land Lease

The Oniru are one of the Richest Families in Lagos all from Land Ownership of Victoria Island

They don’t even need to work anymore
Nonsense, land that they have sold?

History

A large part of the Island was originally part of jurisdiction of the Oniru chieftaincy family of Lagos with tenants inhabiting the land. In 1948, the Lagos Executive Development Board paid 250,000 pounds as compensation for the land acquired from the Oniru family and an additional 150,000 pounds as compensation for the inhabitants and shrines destroyed.

The inhabitants were later resettled at Maroko village. Victoria Island was originally surrounded entirely by water. It was bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on the south, the mouth of the Lagos Lagoon on the West, the Five Cowrie Creek to the North, and swamps on the East.

The colonial government began the process of filling in the eastern swamps to reduce mosquito breeding areas. This created a land bridge between Victoria Island and Lekki Peninsula ending its existence as a true island.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Island,_Lagos
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by colestephan86: 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2023
ijustdey:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/lagos-oba-moves-to-seize-300-houses-owners-kick/

Pics: Some of the buildings already marked for repossession.
Really if you check most documents in Lagos , it's states tha itsi. Lease hold for 99 years

2 Likes

Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Xiaohei(m): 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2023
helinues:

What exactly is una wahala..

I care less about which tribe is mostly affected.

Our Lagos is progressing, that's the real koko

Words are seeds; they grow. Our attitudes online have physical consequences. Your online personality is an indistinguishable part of the real you. You spew hate, bigotry online, you attract the same physically. One day your cup go full.
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Nordy: 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
Rascality everywhere...
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by correctguy101(m): 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2023
seeyounow1:
the oba is a criminal.. where is adam ... adam is a white man name.

It's just a name. A common name at that.

But I agree with you, the man is a criminal minded tyrant.

Who buys land in Lagos without settling ómó onilé....

Experienced this some years back, but the mumu king later embezzled 50k from me while his cronies collected their share before I was freed.

And if you see as I dey beg ehn.... SMH

A lot of things makes me give up for this country, I no like the country at all.. angry angry
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by onyibest2k(m): 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2023
while i visited my formal area i saw this nonsense written on every building is this not madness
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Christistruth03: 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2023
sapele914:
Nonsense, land that they have sold?

History

A large part of the Island was originally part of jurisdiction of the Oniru chieftaincy family of Lagos with tenants inhabiting the land. In 1948, the Lagos Executive Development Board paid 250,000 pounds as compensation for the land acquired from the Oniru family and an additional 150,000 pounds as compensation for the inhabitants and shrines destroyed.

The inhabitants were later resettled at Maroko village. Victoria Island was originally surrounded entirely by water. It was bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on the south, the mouth of the Lagos Lagoon on the West, the Five Cowrie Creek to the North, and swamps on the East.

The colonial government began the process of filling in the eastern swamps to reduce mosquito breeding areas. This created a land bridge between Victoria Island and Lekki Peninsula ending its existence as a true island.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Island,_Lagos

The land has been returned to them go and check the Land Registry

Land the British even acquired by force against the will of the Oniru from the day the British Landed

Don’t you want the Natives to get their Lands back it was to the advantage of all Natives

Or do you want the British and Lord Lugard’s relatives claiming Umuahia and Enugu which he built

Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Jostoman: 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
helinues:
Hope they are not kicking bucket sha.

Some people must learn in a bitter way

Modified: If indeed the most affected people are Yoruba's, then why are some people crying on their behalf?

Make una stop crying on my mentions.
lagos goverment is trying use Oba to collect peoples property but make Una dey remember say nothing last forever o.
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Christistruth03: 6:32pm On Apr 08, 2023
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Christistruth03: 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2023
grin
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Christistruth03: 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
Jostoman:
lagos goverment is trying use Oba to collect peoples property but make Una dey remember say nothing last forever o.

If you know the Amount of Land that the Military Government seized from the Obas in Lagos

You will fight to make sure they get it all back

Besides didn’t you say that Lagos was No Man’s Land?
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Jostoman: 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2023
Christistruth03:

If you know the Amount of Land that the Military Government seized from the Obas in Lagos

You will fight to make sure they get it all back

Besides didn’t you say that Lagos was No Man’s Land?
my own be say nothing last forever.
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Christistruth03: 6:49pm On Apr 08, 2023
Jostoman:
my own be say nothing last forever.

Lagos is Yorubaland until the Good Lord Jesus returns to take his People home
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Christistruth03: 6:52pm On Apr 08, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

... and Ogudu belongs to Igbominas

God Bless you

I knew the Igbomina owned somewhere in Lagos but I didn’t know exactly where it was

I was beginning to think it was Ejigbo
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Jostoman: 9:09pm On Apr 08, 2023
Christistruth03:

Lagos is Yorubaland until the Good Lord Jesus returns to take his People home
na you sabi
Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by 43Ronin: 9:10pm On Apr 08, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Only someone who's father does not have a house will easily carry fuel to burn another person's house.
Or someone who doesn't have a father

1 Like

Re: Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos by Richy419: 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hmm it only in nigeria ,,, now the idiot of a king needs money and this is the best way to get money ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? / The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.