Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Is It Possible For Wrong Size Radiator Fan To Cause Overheating - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Possible For Wrong Size Radiator Fan To Cause Overheating (587 Views)

Why the need to convert car fan to Manuel and remove thermostat / Implications Of Connecting Radiator Fan From Ignition / Today, I Found Out For Sure That, Connecting Radiator Fan Directly Is Not Good ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible For Wrong Size Radiator Fan To Cause Overheating by diamond68: 11:08am On Apr 08, 2023
so the radiator fan motor went bad and the car was overheating. now i notice when the guy took the fan out it was bigger than the one he put in . twice bigger. anyway now the car is fine when i drive at night or morning but when its real hot in the afternoon the temp gauge leaves the midway point and starts climbing to hot. never used to do this before when my old fan was good. the temp gauge just stayed permanently in the halfway point. do you think its the fan size ? its one kazeem i used and he bought the fan from obalende. not sure it was brand new
Re: Is It Possible For Wrong Size Radiator Fan To Cause Overheating by diamond68: 11:37am On Apr 08, 2023
gazzuzz
Re: Is It Possible For Wrong Size Radiator Fan To Cause Overheating by Angrygoat: 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
My car overheated about a month ago,it was then and there I knew Nigerians have bad mouth. Thru out that day,my car no overheat,it was when I stopped using the ac I quickly realised my temp guage has passed half and was racing to the red /hot zone mark. I quickly parked. Later noticed my hose was leaking ,from thr the engine fan stopped. I thank God I quickly noticed and my gasket didn't burn. I replaced the fan motor,hose. Everything cost 8k with workmanship. Since then my temp guage doesn't exceed 2 to 3 pins. No coolant,I used distilled water from my AC and the cooling multiplied . I will do top up with Mobil coolant later. What causes over heating leaky hose,fan motor malfunction...leading to overheating

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible For Wrong Size Radiator Fan To Cause Overheating by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2023
diamond68:
so the radiator fan motor went bad and the car was overheating. now i notice when the guy took the fan out it was bigger than the one he put in . twice bigger. anyway now the car is fine when i drive at night or morning but when its real hot in the afternoon the temp gauge leaves the midway point and starts climbing to hot. never used to do this before when my old fan was good. the temp gauge just stayed permanently in the halfway point. do you think its the fan size ? its one kazeem i used and he bought the fan from obalende. not sure it was brand new

Two possibilities

You burnt the head gasket

Fan blowing in wrong direction

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Popular Car Brands That Were Named After People / Benefit Of Learning How To Drive. / Share Car Tricks Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.