Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu (23398 Views)

Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu / I Told Obasanjo That I Couldn't Build A Presidential Lodge For Him - Peter Obi / I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by easyfem(m): 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2023
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by BluntCrazeMan: 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Same as PO
Come and Proof yourself
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by ordovicianonly(f): 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2023
I remember when we were smaller watching this was like winning a trophy. Even if there is electricity we have to find a neighbor don't put on a generator to go watch it ,even sometimes we go as far as 3 streets away to go watch it
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by CasNova: 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2023
SUCH IS LIFE
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by HilcomTech(m): 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2023
Printerscanner:
It's obvious, only wretched idiots from Almajari parents behave the way that miscreant behaves

May God heal your burning heart

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by MP3GAGAdotCOM(f): 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2023
Please help me tell thiefessor WOle soyinka the garrulous ex-convict.

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by Edoziesmart(m): 5:25pm On Apr 08, 2023
deeway200:

She's from Edo. Receive sense
The person trolling her knows she is from Edo. He used the almajiri name because she is from a Muslim family.
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by Akhagbeni11(m): 5:27pm On Apr 08, 2023
Printerscanner:
It's obvious, only wretched idiots from Almajari parents behave the way that miscreant behaves
mynd44
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by stevups(m): 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
A potential Gov.
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by Jojopikin85: 5:29pm On Apr 08, 2023
Omalica:

The good old days when life was simpler
na so brother
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by randymirrors(f): 5:29pm On Apr 08, 2023
Wahala ti e niyen. Who's business?
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by nairalanda1(m): 5:29pm On Apr 08, 2023
Flapp478:
Is well. At that time, there was only black and white TV and only the few rich neighbors afforded it. We would peep through their windows to watch. Today we are not where we wanted, but God has been merciful that we haven't died in poverty. There's hope for the living. Some of us went through the tortures and cruelties of life. Nobody will ever understand our stories. But God is watching
At times, I feel like giving up and asking God who o offended to have made life this hard, while others live in affluence, others wallow in penury

Colour tv was available then too.

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by Omoawoke: 5:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
No be only you, TV was a luxury in 1991 and not having one wasn't a biggie

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by Larryndelaw: 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
So how does these become news. Nah wah. Some jobless people will just throw some nonsense things out there.
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by Franking: 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
You mean you missed Segun Kadiri and Anne Haastrop?
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by Flapp478(m): 5:36pm On Apr 08, 2023
nairalanda1:

Colour tv was available then too.

But rare, as in, very very rare. SHARP, TOSHIBA, PANASONIC, SONY, AIWA and the likes. If u get colored TV dat year, u be King.
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by onuman: 5:36pm On Apr 08, 2023
jaybenugo:
Nigerian activist, Aisha Yesufu revealed that she was not able to watch 'Checkmate' on TV when she was younger, because she had no TV, IGBERETV reports

Checkmate is a Nigerian television serial drama that ran on NTA, from Thursday, April 4, 1991 to 1994.

She shared a post about the serial drama on her Twitter handle and captioned it;

https://twitter.com/AishaYesufu/status/1644418805383196689?t=o-HFUosrWkipQ9336s95xw&s=19

Checkmate was created by Amaka Igwe and sponsored by Lever Brothers Nigeria. The drama starred Ego Nnamani, Francis Agu, Bob-Manuel Udokwu and Richard Mofe-Damijo.

https://igberetvnews.com/1442688/couldnt-watch-checkmate-tv-aisha-yesufu/

Telling the truth about one's humble beginning adds to one's later life decisions.
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by Mrbenny001: 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Same as PO
You better no go kill yourself on top tinubu matter...he no Sabi you o
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by Funkyswagzz(m): 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
Kriss216:

Slow down with this hate before you quench.

It baffles me most of them carry this hatred in there heart even after the election to show u the hatred was beyond the election
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by LeyeWrites: 5:41pm On Apr 08, 2023
It's like me saying I'm unable to afford Ferrari
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by PDJT: 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
-Smiles. Back in those days, I was the "door man". I only allowed who I want and ban those I don't want. Chai. wetin man did those days...our neighbour's maid, pretty and fair Agatha, would collect fingering before she go enter. Smh.

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by correctguy101(m): 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
We had TV then but I never liked watching TV. Preferred reading a book.

Still don't like TV but phones hold this ancestor for bad place... angry grin
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by MrBanner(m): 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2023
Flapp478:
Is well. At that time, there was only black and white TV and only the few rich neighbors afforded it. We would peep through their windows to watch. Today we are not where we wanted, but God has been merciful that we haven't died in poverty. There's hope for the living. Some of us went through the tortures and cruelties of life. Nobody will ever understand our stories. But God is watching
At times, I feel like giving up and asking God who o offended to have made life this hard, while others live in affluence, others wallow in penury

Seun mynd44 nlfpmod Dominique mukina2 oam4j rocktation dragnet
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by malaria(f): 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2023
EriMma1:
Awwnn .. it was every familys delight back in the day and I'm lucky to have watched it till the last episodes in our house..

The indomie generation will not understand her pains. When you'll hear ta na na naaa 😂 in your neighbors house and your parents won't allow you to go and watch it because it 8pm. Chai!

She can watch it now on YouTube. I still do from time to time.

Reminds me of them Hastrop family
Benny ( late)
Ego Boyo
Bob Manual Udokwu
Bamtefa of Fuji house of commotion.
Ireti
Iya Toun and Charles the "be be be guy.

These were the kind of movies we saw growing up. Those days when moral standards was still high.
Your head dey game. RMD , nobert young, francis duru, john njamah,I have forgotten other stars in the movie .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by DesChyko: 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2023
Damn! This image grin
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by Chucks13: 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2023
Another banger. When you have a liar as your role model you will become a pathological liar like him.

That was how my brother said he have only one shoe, one wrist watch, one pant, one boxer shot, one shirt , I was just laughing because the cars in his compound alone is more than the cars in Dangote compound, his nansion interior are gold plated designed yet he had one shoe.

Aisha pls we have heard you but sorry too late, come back with your moonlight story 2031.
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by Flapp478(m): 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2023
MrBanner:

Seun mynd44 nlfpmod Dominique mukina2 oam4j rocktation dragnet

What's the meaning of dis nonsense? I shouldn't comment on posts again or what. Which of the rules have I broken?
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by saysoo: 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2023
jaybenugo:
Nigerian activist, Aisha Yesufu revealed that she was not able to watch 'Checkmate' on TV when she was younger, because she had no TV, IGBERETV reports

Checkmate is a Nigerian television serial drama that ran on NTA, from Thursday, April 4, 1991 to 1994.

She shared a post about the serial drama on her Twitter handle and captioned it;

https://twitter.com/AishaYesufu/status/1644418805383196689?t=o-HFUosrWkipQ9336s95xw&s=19

Checkmate was created by Amaka Igwe and sponsored by Lever Brothers Nigeria. The drama starred Ego Nnamani, Francis Agu, Bob-Manuel Udokwu and Richard Mofe-Damijo.

https://igberetvnews.com/1442688/couldnt-watch-checkmate-tv-aisha-yesufu/
Because you were too proud to go watch it easewhere.
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by mrhowoto: 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2023
Omalica:

The good old days when life was simpler
And Nigeria was more united.
Re: I Couldn't Watch 'Checkmate' Because We Had No TV - Aisha Yesufu by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 08, 2023
This woman again grin grin grin

Say it loud grin

You think say we fooolissh reach like this ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Plotting My Extradition To Settle Scores – Kashamu / Islamization: Afikpo Igbos Are 80 Percent Muslims / "Telling A Muslim To Do Family Planning, Is Violating His Religion"- Hon Kazaure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.