Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? (739 Views)

Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:54pm On Apr 08, 2023
i was invited. then became a member after baptism. i did mention to two of the church workers that my faith had experienced issues but they were like you can still find out more about our father in heaven. well, i became a member to see how the church operates. i am now wondering if they should reject me when i say i still cannot find anyone or anything divine.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by LordReed(m): 8:14am On Apr 09, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
i was invited. then became a member after baptism. i did mention to two of the church workers that my faith had experienced issues but they were like you can still find out more about our father in heaven. well, i became a member to see how the church operates. i am now wondering if they should reject me when i say i still cannot find anyone or anything divine.

They want you to be a part of the in group, be sure they will use various tactics to try to get you into that group once you declare that you aren't truly one of them.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by Sebastine1994(m): 8:22am On Apr 09, 2023
Why are you going back to your vomit

2 Likes

Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:44am On Apr 09, 2023
LordReed:

They want you to be a part of the in group, be sure they will use various tactics to try to get you into that group once you declare that you aren't truly one of them.
what do you mean by the group?
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by LordReed(m): 9:01am On Apr 09, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
what do you mean by the group?

The in group is what members of a group that claims to have some kind of speciality perceive themselves to be. Christians would typically consider themselves to have special access to their god, that for them places them in an in group that you aren't a part of.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by correctguy101(m): 9:27am On Apr 09, 2023
Yes, an atheist should be rejected in a church so as to protect the faith, and beliefs of the sheeples of the Lord undecided shocked

Btw, what would an atheist be looking for in a church in the first place?

Even this ancestor oftentimes feels exasperated with the way these so-called believers think and speak.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:10am On Apr 09, 2023
LordReed:

The in group is what members of a group that claims to have some kind of speciality perceive themselves to be. Christians would typically consider themselves to have special access to their god, that for them places them in an in group that you aren't a part of.
yeah, spirituality in nigeria is not new to me, and it is increasing. as for this church too ,yeah, faith in jesus makes you special and the bible is quoted as often as possible. i'm not saying all theists have the same view of god or the spiritual but i have been to several churches since i was less than 10 years. the church service can be something to just check out again.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
correctguy101:
Yes, an atheist should be rejected in a church so as to protect the faith, and beliefs of the sheeples of the Lord undecided shocked

Btw, what would an atheist be looking for in a church in the first place?

Even this ancestor oftentimes feels exasperated with the way these so-called believers think and speak.
when the atheist is restless, he can seek rest there though temporarily and meet more people....socializing.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
Sebastine1994:
Why are you going back to your vomit
i was persuaded the first time to join the church by a colleague. at the moment , i attend the service when i feel like meeting certain people or just 4 socializing.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by LordReed(m): 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
i was persuaded the first time to join the church by a colleague. at the moment , i attend the service when i feel like meeting certain people or just 4 socializing.

That's not a bad reason, churches have some of the better community building in this part of the world. In other places you could find a club or other community for something you like, over here you hardly get that. The only downside is you have to believe or act like you do or else.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by Tboy222: 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

When you have faith, faith is not looking at the pastor, Church or environment.

It is an interpersonal relationship between you and the Invisible God. And it requires faith for you to have a relationship between you and Jesus Christ. Why? You have never seen Him that is why the bible says in the Book of Hebrews 6:6 " For without Faith it is impossible to please Him, For He that cometh to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."

Another verse of the Bible puts it more clearly in the book of John 20:29 " Because you have seen me you have believed:. Blessed are those who have not seen,and gave believed."

It takes Faith to believe that Jesus Christ exist,all you have to do is humbly accept Him as your personal Lord and Saviour,confess and forske your Sins. Ask H to wash you with His precious blood and tell Him to give you His grace and mercy daily to continue in His word.

After you have done that congratulations you are now a born again Child of God.

Get a Bible read and pray daily morning and evening and make sure you attend a Church where Jesus Christ is the center of the message alongside Holiness and Righteousness.

If you are still having any doubt concerning Jesus Christ ,I will kindly recommend the following YouTube channels to build up your faith kindly subscribe and share with others.

Sid Roth it is supernatural ( youtube)
2 Randy Kay ministries (youtube)
3 100 huntley street (youtube)
4. Vlad Savchuk ( youtube)
5. David DIGA HERNANDEZ ( Youtube)
6. TBN ( youtube)
7. 700 club interactive ( Youtube)
8 STEPHAINE P SMITH (youtube)
9 Marcthemessanger ( youtube)
10. Trailblazer ( youtube)
11 Above inspiration (youtube)
12. Grace for purpose ( youtube)
13 GrowinFaithgrowinChrist (youtube)
14 INRI MOTIVATION (youtube)
15 Witnessing Heaven (youtube)
16. Deep Believer (youtube)
17 supernatural stories (youtube)
18 Delafe testimonies (youtube)
19: Delafe testimonies (Youtube)
20 isaiahsaldiver (youtube)
21 Grow in faith grow in Christ (youtube)
22 Notsofastbaby (Youtube)
23 Propheticdreamer (youtube)

God bless you as you do so I will be praying for you, please kindly share with others .God Almighty be with you all.Amen

Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
LordReed:

That's not a bad reason, churches have some of the better community building in this part of the world. In other places you could find a club or other community for something you like, over here you hardly get that. The only downside is you have to believe or act like you do or else.
yeah, they never wanna hear i used to believe. all the time i was homeless, it was either an uncompleted building or open space or any church or even mosque available 4 the night no matter its condition,i'd lie on a bench, at a point ,on a board or something like, there were times i had to use a classroom but even when i was with my parents, i hardly slept on a bed. that my parents,siblings and i have had to change location over ten times has no way to prove anything divine to me but the need to socialize just persists. yeah, i can't be telling people around me divinity is false but what they call spiritual does not amaze me.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Tboy222:

When you have faith, faith is not looking at the pastor, Church or environment.

It is an interpersonal relationship between you and the Invisible God. And it requires faith for you to have a relationship between you and Jesus Christ. Why? You have never seen Him that is why the bible says in the Book of Hebrews 6:6 " For without Faith it is impossible to please Him, For He that cometh to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."

Another verse of the Bible puts it more clearly in the book of John 20:29 " Because you have seen me you have believed:. Blessed are those who have not seen,and gave believed."

It takes Faith to believe that Jesus Christ exist,all you have to do is humbly accept Him as your personal Lord and Saviour,confess and forske your Sins. Ask H to wash you with His precious blood and tell Him to give you His grace and mercy daily to continue in His word.

After you have done that congratulations you are now a born again Child of God.

Get a Bible read and pray daily morning and evening and make sure you attend a Church where Jesus Christ is the center of the message alongside Holiness and Righteousness.

If you are still having any doubt concerning Jesus Christ ,I will kindly recommend the following YouTube channels to build up your faith kindly subscribe and share with others.

Sid Roth it is supernatural ( youtube)
2 Randy Kay ministries (youtube)
3 100 huntley street (youtube)
4. Vlad Savchuk ( youtube)
5. David DIGA HERNANDEZ ( Youtube)
6. TBN ( youtube)
7. 700 club interactive ( Youtube)
8 STEPHAINE P SMITH (youtube)
9 Marcthemessanger ( youtube)
10. Trailblazer ( youtube)
11 Above inspiration (youtube)
12. Grace for purpose ( youtube)
13 GrowinFaithgrowinChrist (youtube)
14 INRI MOTIVATION (youtube)
15 Witnessing Heaven (youtube)
16. Deep Believer (youtube)
17 supernatural stories (youtube)
18 Delafe testimonies (youtube)
19: Delafe testimonies (Youtube)
20 isaiahsaldiver (youtube)
21 Grow in faith grow in Christ (youtube)
22 Notsofastbaby (Youtube)
23 Propheticdreamer (youtube)

God bless you as you do so I will be praying for you, please kindly share with others .God Almighty be with you all.Amen

all the people i have worked with still believe,my siblings,parents ,former classmates,etc. still believe. as 4 me, nothing is worthy to be called divine ,nobody deserves worship.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by Tboy222: 5:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
all the people i have worked with still believe,my siblings,parents ,former classmates,etc. still believe. as 4 me, nothing is worthy to be called divine ,nobody deserves worship.

You know what , humbly and sincerely pray with all your heart that Jesus Christ should reveal Himself to you,please be sincere.

Then go on youtube right now and search for Randy Kay ministries, there are a lot of people testimonies that will completely blow you away please do that right now.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by Techobeys: 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

Are you sure you’re not seeing or you just do not want to see? Would you like to learn? I can take you on a teaching session that will help you arrive at the destination if you’re willing.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2023
CHRISTIANITY is the most difficult religion but Catholics and protestants have deceived many like you to think it's a bed of roses!

Well there are the steps of becoming a REAL Christian:
© Disciples visit or speak with you either at your doorstep, workplace or any other place.
© You begin asking questions which will lead to a Bible study.
© During the course of your study you learn about God, His qualities, likes and dislikes, His Kingdom, what is required for you to become a citizen in God's Kingdom and how to get help in putting on this new personality.
© You are invited to come and see other imperfect humans like you who are already fighting really hard to put away that Old personality and put on the New.
© You will discovered that none of them is perfect after all but each person is striving hard to put behind them their old ways as they pray to God for help of the Holy Spirit.

Then it's time for you to decide whether you will continue with the journey or retreat, if you choose to continue then they will start praying with you for the Holy Spirit to keep reminding you each time you're tempted to go back to your old ways. If you're doing fine then you're invited to join others in proclaiming your new found faith publicly for everyone in your neighbourhood to know that you're now one of Jesus' disciples as you preach and teach all around the neighborhood.
That's the time you now dedicate yourself to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who sent Jesus to commission Christianity privately then publicly you are baptized for members of God's organization to know you that you're now one of us.
From that time whatever you do will be on the watch because not only will people around you question you saying "aren't you one of the disciples of Christ?" members will also keep an eye on you to be sure you're progressing to maturity perhaps you want to get married they will stand as brothers and sisters for you to marry any member of God's organization in any country of your choice provided you can meet up with the expenses!

It's not just attending a gathering for a day and getting baptized few days later! smiley

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
Techobeys:

Are you sure you’re not seeing or you just do not want to see? Would you like to learn? I can take you on a teaching session that will help you arrive at the destination if you’re willing.
where are u taking me to?
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
CHRISTIANITY is the most difficult religion but Catholics and protestants have deceived many like you to think it's a bed of roses!

Well there are the steps of becoming a REAL Christian:
© Disciples visit or speak with you either at your doorstep, workplace or any other place.
© You begin asking questions which will lead to a Bible study.
© During the course of your study you learn about God, His qualities, likes and dislikes, His Kingdom, what is required for you to become a citizen in God's Kingdom and how to get help in putting on this new personality.
© You are invited to come and see other imperfect humans like you who are already fighting really hard to put away that Old personality and put on the New.
© You will discovered that none of them is perfect after all but each person is striving hard to put behind them their old ways as they pray to God for help of the Holy Spirit.

Then it's time for you to decide whether you will continue with the journey or retreat, if you choose to continue then they will start praying with you for the Holy Spirit to keep reminding you each time you're tempted to go back to your old ways. If you're doing fine then you're invited to join others in proclaiming your new found faith publicly for everyone in your neighbourhood to know that you're now one of Jesus' disciples as you preach and teach all around the neighborhood.
That's the time you now dedicate yourself to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who sent Jesus to commission Christianity privately then publicly you are baptized for members of God's organization to know you that you're now one of us.
From that time whatever you do will be on the watch because not only will people around you question you saying "aren't you one of the disciples of Christ?" members will also keep an eye on you to be sure you're progressing to maturity perhaps you want to get married they will stand as brothers and sisters for you to marry any member of God's organization in any country of your choice provided you can meet up with the expenses!

It's not just attending a gathering for a day and getting baptized few days later! smiley
i will learn about god -meaning?
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
Tboy222:

You know what , humbly and sincerely pray with all your heart that Jesus Christ should reveal Himself to you,please be sincere.

Then go on youtube right now and search for Randy Kay ministries, there are a lot of people testimonies that will completely blow you away please do that right now.
in other words, jesus is avoiding me, too. imagine,even jesus. later, u will say i am guilty of whatever, spits.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by LordReed(m): 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
yeah, they never wanna hear i used to believe. all the time i was homeless, it was either an uncompleted building or open space or any church or even mosque available 4 the night no matter its condition,i'd lie on a bench, at a point ,on a board or something like, there were times i had to use a classroom but even when i was with my parents, i hardly slept on a bed. that my parents,siblings and i have had to change location over ten times has no way to prove anything divine to me but the need to socialize just persists. yeah, i can't be telling people around me divinity is false but what they call spiritual does not amaze me.

Unless you have some other connection with them like professional, family or business most of them will interact based on church matter so you have to do the halleluyahs and praize da lords and god bless pastor things. Even those that go to church just looking for who to sleep with will pretend and they will accept them.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
LordReed:

Unless you have some other connection with them like professional, family or business most of them will interact based on church matter so you have to do the halleluyahs and praize da lords and god bless pastor things. Even those that go to church just looking for who to sleep with will pretend and they will accept them.
off course , i have had to do such things. i mean even the private schools owners expect all workers to be theists and yeah i have not met any teacher that is an atheist. in fact, i have only met atheists online.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by LordReed(m): 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
off course , i have had to do such things. i mean even the private schools owners expect all workers to be theists and yeah i have not met any teacher that is an atheist. in fact, i have only met atheists online.

It always depends on my relationship with the person. Most of the people I consider close to me know I am an atheist but it hardly comes up cos our relationship is not based on church things.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
LordReed:

It always depends on my relationship with the person. Most of the people I consider close to me know I am an atheist but it hardly comes up cos our relationship is not based on church things.
when spirituality is attached to everything , well, i have to say i dont even know what to say. i once got a warning from an employer even before i said it. everyone around me is so religious that calling myself an atheist is next to lunacy. they will be like let us pretend he said nothing or they simply find me crazy.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by Tboy222: 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
in other words, jesus is avoiding me, too. imagine,even jesus. later, u will say i am guilty of whatever, spits.

Jesus Christ does not avoid us,we are the ones that avoid Him you have to draw closer to Him tby accepting and believing in His name.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
Tboy222:

Jesus Christ does not avoid us,we are the ones that avoid Him you have to draw closer to Him tby accepting and believing in His name.
what does closer to him mean? say it without quoting any book.
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by Tboy222: 7:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
what does closer to him mean? say it without quoting any book.

You have to invite him with your word of mouth and sincerity of heart
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
Tboy222:

You have to invite him with your word of mouth and sincerity of heart
not an answer to my question
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by jaephoenix(m): 11:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
Anyone identifying as an atheist offline in a country like Nigeria is just a walking dead. Unless you are very well off and secured, theists would target you

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by jaephoenix(m): 11:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Tboy222:

How come you have to be half starved to get to hear him? Why does he reveal himself during hypoglycemic states

2 Likes

Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:32am On Apr 10, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
i will learn about god -meaning?
Majority don't know the indepth meaning of the title GOD so if you're the type your motive for thinking about worship may be wrong and if you're called by a misinformed churchgoer you will not know what exactly you're doing in their gathering!
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:16am On Apr 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Majority don't know the indepth meaning of the title GOD so if you're the type your motive for thinking about worship may be wrong and if you're called by a misinformed churchgoer you will not know what exactly you're doing in their gathering!
LordReed, is a simple question why i deserve this? be my witness
Re: Should A Church Reject An Atheist ? by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:17am On Apr 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Anyone identifying as an atheist offline in a country like Nigeria is just a walking dead. Unless you are very well off and secured, theists would target you
aswear

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reminder To January Winner! / Post Your Xstian Events For Free At Www.phcityonline.com / Introduce Ur Choir Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.