Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido (1494 Views)

Night Out Turns Ugly As Man Rapes Workmate Several Times / Lagos Party Attendants Kill Guest For Collecting Food Several Times / Ogba Mayhem:-how Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen After Buying Them Beer – Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by Akaegwu(m): 12:08am On Apr 09, 2023
https://punchng.com/my-dad-sent-policemen-after-me-several-times-davido/ quote

Afrobeats singer, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has narrated how his dad, Chief Adedeji, sent policemen to arrest him several times in the early days of his career.

The ‘OBO’ crooner said his dad was initially against his musical career and wanted him to focus on his education.

Davido revealed this when he featured on Ebro in the Morning Show on Hot 97FM, New York, United States on the heels of his album release. The station shared the interview on Youtube on Friday.

Davido said his dad, at different times, sent cops to arrest him and disrupt shows he was billed to perform at.

“He sent police to get me… like he sees a billboard; for example, ‘Davido performing, Wizkid performing’. He would send police to arrest everybody – the show promoter, if you’re there (you would be arrested),” he told the FM station as he and the show presenters laughed about it.

When asked why his dad was doing that, Davido said, “So, I gotta go back to school.”

“He kept on doing it. Then there was one time. This is where I knew that ‘Oh I’m lit!’. They (the police) came and got me. Then I’m in the cell and the dude that got the keys his phone rings, and it’s my song! I said ‘that’s me’. He said ‘you’re Davido?’. I said ‘yes!’. And he let me go.”
He said after then he dropped a record that became big in Africa. “The president was playing it,” he boasted.

When the singer was asked when his dad stopped getting him arrested, Davido said, “I finished school. But I had to do like a part-time stuff.”

He noted that his father didn’t hate music, he wanted him to be serious with his education.

“Not that he hated music, he just wanted me to go to school. And I feel like, he wants that whatever I’m gonna do, I have to be successful,” he added.

He said his father now called him to ask what next, adding that his dad was proud of him, and he was his number one fan.

“He’s calling, asking me what next. He’s like over-asking questions,” he added.

Re: My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by princepeter566: 12:31am On Apr 09, 2023
One of the best in the industry

1 Like

Re: My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by Wawelexy(m): 2:11am On Apr 09, 2023
They (the police) came and got me. Then I’m in the cell and the dude that got the keys his phone rings, and it’s my song! I said ‘that’s me’. He said ‘you’re Davido?’. I said ‘yes!’. And he let me go.”

Bro, abeg suffri dey lie na.... Like the policeman allowed you go just because your song was his ring tone?

I love OBO but WizKid's realness and maturity makes me choose him over David anytime

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by progressb4andno: 2:58am On Apr 09, 2023
Wawelexy:
They (the police) came and got me. Then I’m in the cell and the dude that got the keys his phone rings, and it’s my song! I said ‘that’s me’. He said ‘you’re Davido?’. I said ‘yes!’. And he let me go.”

Bro, abeg suffri dey lie na.... Like the policeman allowed you go just because your song was his ring tone?

I love OBO but WizKid's realness and maturity makes me choose him over David anytime

na wetin i wan talk, this lie no even make sense.
David lienus adeleke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by Ireportlive: 3:00am On Apr 09, 2023
He ran to Don Jazzy and Mo Hit records back then and he was working and training with Wande Coal
Re: My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by OmotolaBoy(m): 6:29am On Apr 09, 2023
OBO To The World
Re: My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by Benki003(m): 7:09am On Apr 09, 2023
Never give up on your dreams, keep pushing one day it would come through

1 Like

Re: My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by fixitbyjal(m): 7:29am On Apr 09, 2023
Now you're the biggest artiste in Africa

Obo you bam

Na man you be
Re: My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by illicit(m): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2023
Sha cover ur pool

That's my own
Re: My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by Jalaw: 7:40am On Apr 09, 2023
Lol...
I saw that too, the boy can lie.
Wawelexy:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by epondudu: 7:49am On Apr 09, 2023
Hmmmmn DJyk múlé
Lamba king. grin
Re: My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by brain54(m): 11:25am On Apr 09, 2023
Later people will say he is successful…

Because of his father’s wealth. It’s obvious his dad didn’t support him initially. He struggled and worked hard to get where he is today.

I remember he sold a small chest freezer to my younger brother back then in school.

It was soon after he released his hit track “dami during” after traveling from school to record.

I can only guess or imagine what he used the money for!
Re: My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by Careente7(m): 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
Akaegwu:
https://punchng.com/my-dad-sent-policemen-after-me-several-times-davido/ quote

Afrobeats singer, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has narrated how his dad, Chief Adedeji, sent policemen to arrest him several times in the early days of his career.

The ‘OBO’ crooner said his dad was initially against his musical career and wanted him to focus on his education.

Davido revealed this when he featured on Ebro in the Morning Show on Hot 97FM, New York, United States on the heels of his album release. The station shared the interview on Youtube on Friday.

Davido said his dad, at different times, sent cops to arrest him and disrupt shows he was billed to perform at.

“He sent police to get me… like he sees a billboard; for example, ‘Davido performing, Wizkid performing’. He would send police to arrest everybody – the show promoter, if you’re there (you would be arrested),” he told the FM station as he and the show presenters laughed about it.

When asked why his dad was doing that, Davido said, “So, I gotta go back to school.”

“He kept on doing it. Then there was one time. This is where I knew that ‘Oh I’m lit!’. They (the police) came and got me. Then I’m in the cell and the dude that got the keys his phone rings, and it’s my song! I said ‘that’s me’. He said ‘you’re Davido?’. I said ‘yes!’. And he let me go.”
He said after then he dropped a record that became big in Africa. “The president was playing it,” he boasted.

When the singer was asked when his dad stopped getting him arrested, Davido said, “I finished school. But I had to do like a part-time stuff.”

He noted that his father didn’t hate music, he wanted him to be serious with his education.

“Not that he hated music, he just wanted me to go to school. And I feel like, he wants that whatever I’m gonna do, I have to be successful,” he added.

He said his father now called him to ask what next, adding that his dad was proud of him, and he was his number one fan.

“He’s calling, asking me what next. He’s like over-asking questions,” he added.

Re: My Dad Sent Policemen After Me Several Times – Davido by OGwales(m): 11:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
Omo this lie almost got me but MI O FO

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Caught Sleeping With His Friend's Wife In Delta State. / Scenes From The Ilado Blast (very Graphic) / Entire Nigerian Family Killed In Newcastle, London!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.