Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court (532 Views)

Soldiers Kill Police Inspector In Adamawa; Gov Urges Calm / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Assault On Ekweremadu. Warns Southern Politicians / Ohaneze Ndigbo Reacts To Attack On Ekweremadu In Germany By IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by adenigga(m): 10:28am On Apr 09, 2023
A former military Governor of Kaduna State, Dangiwa Umar, has prayed that the United Kingdom court should grant the letter written by the former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, pleading it pardons former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, and wife.

In a letter dated April 3, 2023, and addressed to the Chief Clerk of Central Criminal Court, Old Bailey, Obasanjo said though the action of Ekweremadu was “unpleasant and condemnable and can’t be tolerated in any sane or civilised society”, the court should temper justice with mercy for the sake of their sick daughter, Sonia.

Umar described Obasanjo’s letter in a statement on Saturday as “timely and appropriate”.

He wrote, “I salute the great act of kindness and empathy by the elder statesman.

“I do not know the senator but I am convinced of his good character as attested to by President Obasanjo who has earned a reputation in the resolution of international conflicts including being a member of the Eminent Persons Group which supervised the peaceful transition from apartheid to majority rule in both South Africa and Zimbabwe”

Umar prayed the court to grant President Obasanjo’s plea and temper justice with mercy in its sentence of Senator Ekweremadu, his wife, and Dr Obinna.

“May God heal their daughter Sonia. May he protect and provide for the young man, Mr David Nwamini”, Umar prayed in his letter.

The PUNCH reports that Ekweremadu and his wife, Beatrice, were arrested and charged in a court for allegedly bringing a child to the UK for organ harvesting.

Ekweremadu has since been remanded in custody while his wife was granted bail on July 22, 2022.

However, in March 2023, the couple, and a doctor involved in the case, Obinna Obeta, were found guilty of organ trafficking by the UK court.

Source: https://punchng.com/Grant-Obasanjos-plea-on-Ekweremadu-wife-Ex-Kaduna-military-gov-urges-UK-court

Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by DatIgalaDude: 10:32am On Apr 09, 2023
Las las OBJ na Father!

4 Likes

Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by ratifency: 10:32am On Apr 09, 2023
Obasanjo is a good elder with a conscience

3 Likes

Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 09, 2023
Una dey craze.Na so buhari whose manifestos during campaign was " fight against corruption.He granted pardon to the only 2 ex corrupt politicians that have been prosecuted in his 8 years regime.This successful prosecution is among the several corruption and Embezzlement cases involving 100s of politicians who have stolen public funds and are walking free.
If to say na Nigeria court them dey Na so una for don influence the judges and got them out of the hook.
Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 09, 2023
Is this man truly guilty? Or the boy involved tried to manipulate the whole situation to his favour. I'm really feeling for him, an ailing daughter plus all these can be heart wrenching.

1 Like

Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 09, 2023
Esortigress:
Is this man truly guilty? Or the boy involved tried to manipulate the whole situation to his favour. I'm really feeling for him, an ailing daughter plus all these can be heart wrenching.
His children have a fat bank account to take care of themselves whilst their parents are incarcerated.
Did you here them complain of lack of care?
A politician that has several properties scatter all over Nigeria at the detriment of the people they call the (masses)masters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 09, 2023
Revolution2022:

The children have a fat bank account to take care of themselves whilst their parents are incarcerated.
Did you here them complain of lack of care?
It's beyond money for them at this period, emotions are high coupled with the ailing daughter and all of that. I truly feel for him and his family.

1 Like

Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by Flapp478(m): 10:41am On Apr 09, 2023
OBJ will remain the Best democratically elected President Nigeria ever had.

1 Like

Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 09, 2023
Esortigress:
It's beyond money for them at this period, emotions are high coupled with the ailing daughter and all of that. I truly feel for him and his family.
How many ophanage home have you visited and donate to their suffering?
Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 09, 2023
Revolution2022:
How many ophanage home have you visited and donate to their suffering?
That is not the subject of discussion here and if I do that or not, it isn't for public consumption.

1 Like

Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by Jennymine(f): 10:43am On Apr 09, 2023
Good....good

1 Like

Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by jconsulting(f): 10:45am On Apr 09, 2023
Flapp478:
OBJ will remain the Best democratically elected President Nigeria ever had.

Is it that Ekeremadu does not have kinsmen to plea on his behalf.....A Yoruba man still pleading for the crimes of Kidney harvest by Ike ekeremadu
Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by OmotolaBoy(m): 10:46am On Apr 09, 2023
God have mercy on them please

1 Like

Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by Houseontherock1: 10:47am On Apr 09, 2023
They messed up big time, but hI still think they deserve mercy! I hope the boy can live with himself with the Ekweremadus incarcerated because of him
Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by Flapp478(m): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2023
jconsulting:

Is it that Ekeremadu does not have kinsmen to plea on his behalf.....A Yoruba man still pleading for the crimes of Kidney harvest by Ike ekeremadu

Hmmmm, if u ask me, no who I go ask? Seems Igbos are not united enough
Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by GoodLord95: 11:33am On Apr 09, 2023
Its like obasanjo is ready to die
Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by EmeeNaka: 11:36am On Apr 09, 2023
Nigeria government has quickly and deliberately put Abba Kyari in jail, just to make sure he is not jailed in the US. Nigeria is a crime scene anway
Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by ahaz: 11:44am On Apr 09, 2023
ratifency:
Obasanjo is a good elder with a conscience
Firstly, am speaking as an Igboid son and I want to say this to all..Since Ekweradu is facing this ordeal, how may Igno prominent men has risen to speak for the clemency of the man? No agoan is the answer.
It took a yorubs man and now and Hausa man to do just that while our Igno brothers are there cowering in the bath waters.

You me I only have one interpretation to this, that we are one as a people and that is what is engraved in the deepest part of our individual hearts ask (//HELLINUES THE ADDENT MAKE BELIEVE HATER OF THE IGBOS).

THE BIG QUESTION NOW IS, WHY ARE WE NOT EXPRESSING THIS LOVE FOR THE GOOD OF ALL? HOW LONG WIL IT TAKE US TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS HATE RHETORICS IS DRAGGING US BACK?/

Am happy must of us travel da and wide and see how other countries work and see now the citizens collectively speak our againstnevi for the betterment of their society.

I use to be a sentimental person but I came to a full realization on the very day I was in Owerri and saw how the Igbos there gathered together to defend the interest of an Hausa wheel barrow pusher whos right was troled upon by an Igno bus driver and my mindset changed as I realised that the problem of this country is not actually the commoners but the elites and some.of us here who are used as willing tools to.propagate there hste filled ideology.

1 Like

Re: Grant Obasanjo’s Plea On Ekweremadu, Wife, Ex-kaduna Military Gov Urges UK Court by Igboid: 12:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
ahaz:

Firstly, am speaking as an Igboid son and I want to say this to all..Since Ekweradu is facing this ordeal, how may Igno prominent men has risen to speak for the clemency of the man? No agoan is the answer.
It took a yorubs man and now and Hausa man to do just that while our Igno brothers are there cowering in the bath waters.

You me I only have one interpretation to this, that we are one as a people and that is what is engraved in the deepest part of our individual hearts ask (//HELLINUES THE ADDENT MAKE BELIEVE HATER OF THE IGBOS).

THE BIG QUESTION NOW IS, WHY ARE WE NOT EXPRESSING THIS LOVE FOR THE GOOD OF ALL? HOW LONG WIL IT TAKE US TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS HATE RHETORICS IS DRAGGING US BACK?/

Am happy must of us travel da and wide and see how other countries work and see now the citizens collectively speak our againstnevi for the betterment of their society.

I use to be a sentimental person but I came to a full realization on the very day I was in Owerri and saw how the Igbos there gathered together to defend the interest of an Hausa wheel barrow pusher whos right was troled upon by an Igno bus driver and my mindset changed as I realised that the problem of this country is not actually the commoners but the elites and some.of us here who are used as willing tools to.propagate there hste filled ideology.

Why should Igbos care about Ekweremmadu that is part of the looting elite class that have plunged the country into poverty?
Are you serious?
If anything most of us are happy nemesis caught up with him.
Remember we once disgraced him in Germany sometime ago.

The Igbo obviously don't reason like the average Nigerian, which is why we have struggled to fit into Nigeria since Independence.

If Tinubu were an Igbo, I promise you that his worst opposition will be fellow Igbos, we will not support him because he is Igbo when we know he is a drug lord.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Election Tribunal: Big Fight Between Apapa And Obi's Men / The Federal Executive Bodies Not Affected By President’s Dissolution Of Boards / Alleged Terrorism: Eze Ndigbo’s Counsel Fails To Show Up In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.