Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Living With An Annoying Neighbour - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Living With An Annoying Neighbour (889 Views)

15 Of The Most Annoying Statements Nigerians Make / Do You Really Need So Much To Help Your NEIGHBOUR? / Python: The Goddess Living With People Under Same Roof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2023
Me and my family packed in to this house three months ago. The house is made up of four rooms. Three rooms have been given out for rent, while our landlord occupies the one room left. One of the tenants with his family of five, plus himself and his wife [7 in number] is always bycotted by our landlord due to their nuisance and dirty lifestyle to avoid insult on his personality. They liter everywhere and wait for who to utter a word and get their demons unleashed on him or her, including our landlord. We've severally exchanged words cos we won't tolerate faeces and trash around our verandah and surrounding, but our landlord is acting so pitiful on them. They don't want to avoid dirtying our surrounding and constituting nuisanbe day and night. They're claiming to be right to act [dirty the environment, make a noise at mid night, morning, day and night] as they wish. Admin, please push this post to front page. How are we to deal with such a family [neighbour] since our landlord is not acting as he should?
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Kriss216: 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seven humans in one room

2 Likes

Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by EducatedMind369: 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
Move out then.

1 Like

Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:39pm On Apr 09, 2023
who moved in first? if its them then just move out jejely...

2 Likes

Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
They moved in first
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by advanceDNA: 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
Buy

one small calabash...
Get 3 feathers of guinea fowl
3 boiled eggs...
And the most important ingredient that makes it terrifying......red oil... put it all in the calabash and pour small oil..place it in the back yard...

.. thats how i helped my dad chased all our wicked tenants... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by suckmedownthere(f): 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
That's how I move out of a house filled with dirty people who gossip alot, anytime am going back home I fill depressed,i use the toilet and bathroom at work because the one at home is filthy but they insisted that I clean it up irrespective of me not using it, they add more money to the electric bill,i had to pack out after 2 months.. I hate rubbish..

1 Like

Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
Place fresh hot morning faeces on their verandah every morning

1 Like

Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Avoid the house and avoid problem.
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
WowSweetGuy:

kai...

1 Like

Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Flora2Sweet: 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
Move out if you can't cope with them
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
EducatedMind369:
Move out then.
Why?
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2023
suckmedownthere:
That's how I move out of a house filled with dirty people who gossip alot, anytime am going back home I fill depressed,i use the toilet and bathroom at work because the one at home is filthy but they insisted that I clean it up irrespective of me not using it, they add more money to the electric bill,i had to pack out after 2 months.. I hate rubbish..
I can't leave for them
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
WowSweetGuy:
lol

1 Like

Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 8:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
Avoid the house and avoid problem.
We are avoiding them, but can't avoid the house cos the landlord has no issue with us. Besides, he provided us with a portion to build a small kitchen in a form of a hut
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
Flora2Sweet:
Move out if you can't cope with them
Three years rent no be joke o
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 8:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
EducatedMind369:
Move out then.
Why should we?
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
What's the reason?
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by samwash(m): 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
Floxyijeoma:
Me and my family packed in to this house three months ago. The house is made up of four rooms. Three rooms have been given out for rent, while our landlord occupies the one room left. One of the tenants with his family of five, plus himself and his wife [7 in number] is always bycotted by our landlord due to their nuisance and dirty lifestyle to avoid insult on his personality. They liter everywhere and wait for who to utter a word and get their demons unleashed on him or her, including our landlord. We've severally exchanged words cos we won't tolerate faeces and trash around our verandah and surrounding, but our landlord is acting so pitiful on them. They don't want to avoid dirtying our surrounding and constituting nuisanbe day and night. They're claiming to be right to act [dirty the environment, make a noise at mid night, morning, day and night] as they wish. Admin, please push this post to front page. How are we to deal with such a family [neighbour] since our landlord is not acting as he should?

Since the neighbor is not moving out soon, even if you are at rest with the landlord/landlady or the rent is cheap just move out of the house for your sanity.
That is why I always look for selfcom, I don't like sharing with neighbors he get why!!
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 8:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
samwash:

Since the neighbor is not moving out soon, even if you are at rest with the landlord/landlady or the rent is cheap just move out of the house for your sanity.
That is why I always look for selfcom, I don't like sharing with neighbors he get why!!
Their rent is expiring by October and the landlord has assured us that by then he won't accept them renewing the rent
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by samwash(m): 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Floxyijeoma:
Their rent is expiring by October and the landlord has assured us that by then he won't accept them renewing the rent

Apart from the neighbor, if every other things are ok in the house & you sure you can tolerate their attitude till then, then you can wait till October to see the outcome.
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by virginchaser(m): 4:22am On Apr 10, 2023
advanceDNA:
Buy

one small calabash...
Get 3 feathers of guinea fowl
3 boiled eggs...
And the most important ingredient that makes it terrifying......red oil... put it all in the calabash and pour small oil..place it in the back yard...

.. thats how i helped my dad chased all our wicked tenants... grin

You better be careful.
In a telecom managed site where they were recording lost diesel now and then. The manager decided to play a trick. He tied red clothes round the palisade fence. Shortly after, a man died in the community. The manager was summoned into chief's palace. They said he should explain what happened because the community knew the dead man was the one stealing the company diesel.
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by advanceDNA: 4:41am On Apr 10, 2023
virginchaser:

You better be careful.
In a telecom managed site where they were recording lost diesel now and then. The manager decided to play a trick. He tied red clothes round the palisade fence. Shortly after, a man died in the community. The manager was summoned into chief's palace. They said he should explain what happened because the community knew the dead man was the one stealing the company diesel.

Lol...
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Kobojunkie: 6:59am On Apr 10, 2023
Floxyijeoma:
They don't want to avoid dirtying our surrounding and constituting nuisanbe day and night. They're claiming to be right to act [dirty the environment, make a noise at mid night, morning, day and night] as they wish. Admin, please push this post to front page. How are we to deal with such a family [neighbour] since our landlord is not acting as he should?
Since the owner of the house accepts them and their filthy, what exactly do you think you can do? undecided

By the way, why is this in culture section? undecided
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Probz(m): 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2023
I think we’ve all been there with annoying flatmates (sometimes once you have a bit of a vibe but huge issues with, some who you don’t like altogether). There often isn’t a lot you can do but grin and bear it if you can’t afford to move out. Don’t ever report them for ‘illegal’ drugs (drugs, whether that’s paracetamol, cannabis, insulin, MDMA, tobacco, alcohol or tramadol) are just a normal part of life and while some of them can be problematic if done too much or in the wrong way no adult should have to held to legal ransom or eviction just because they use certain substances/you don’t like the smell of tobacco (as long as they try to be discreet if the legality’s questionable). So don’t be that sort of snitch but excessive noise/overall disruption and over-tout behaviour doesn’t have to be tolerated after a normal hour so I wouldn’t advise against complaining about that if it gets a bit much. With any luck that’ll get them evicted.

If you feel threatened in any way or actually worried about your safety leave immediately.
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 5:13am On Apr 11, 2023
WowSweetGuy:
I can't do this
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 5:15am On Apr 11, 2023
samwash:

Apart from the neighbor, if every other things are ok in the house & you sure you can tolerate their attitude till then, then you can wait till October to see the outcome.
That's what we'll do
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 5:26am On Apr 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Since the owner of the house accepts them and their filthy, what exactly do you think you can do? undecided

By the way, why is this in culture section? undecided
He regrets accepting them into his house. He's waiting for when their rent will expire. Yesterday Easter Monday, there was a serious quarrel between them and the landlord's sister.
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2023
Floxyijeoma:
â–  He regrets accepting them into his house. He's waiting for waiting for when their rent will expire. Yesterday Easter Monday, there was a serious quarrel between them and the landlord's sister.
1. All that na him business, not yours though! undecided

1 Like

Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Floxyijeoma(f): 9:09am On Apr 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. All that na him business, not yours though! undecided
You're right. But the fact is their filth around my verandah and their nuisance in the day time and at mid night
Re: Living With An Annoying Neighbour by Probz(m): 2:33am On Apr 14, 2023
Floxyijeoma:
That's what we'll do

To tell you the truth, Ije., it doesn’t sound like you can wait until October. Do you have alternative living arrangements?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enough!...The Yorubas will no longer be quiet henceforth. / What Do You Think About Nigerian Museums(ncmm) / Oyo Or Ile-ife? Which One Is Superior To The Yorubas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.