Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu (23468 Views)

Enugu Lawyer, Eli Ugwu, Shot Dead In Kogi After Delivering Ransom To Kidnappers / DSS Arrests Soldier ‘supplying Guns To Kidnappers’ In Abuja (pic) / Soldiers Intercept ₦100 Million Cash Collected By Bandits As Ransom (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by nlfpmod: 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
Twitter user, Adamu Hayatu, has revealed how they sourced for two million naira cash to pay as ransom to kidnappers to free his cousin during the cash scarcity.

He was replying to Prof Ashafa who wrote:

Kidnapping for ransome has returned after being on sabbatical with the Naira Redesign & cashless policy. A former Dep. Gov of Nasarawa was a victim, so too were many more.

https://twitter.com/ProfAMAshafa/status/1645400771272273922?s=20

Countering him, Adamu Hayatu said:

We had to source for N1m mints and N1m old notes to get my cousin out during the peak of the naira confiscation crisis.

Dead this talk of cashless prevented kidnapping yen yen yen, please.

https://twitter.com/AHayatu/status/1645401960751693827?s=08

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by loyalstraw: 9:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
grin una neva chi chon chin

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by Ceenachi: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
Go to court 🤣🤣🤣

50 Likes

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by balancequiet: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
Just 2M?

6 Likes

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by shortgun(m): 9:13pm On Apr 10, 2023
This is why I will never believe Nigerians voted for APC in the last elections.
You can't torture Nigerians with bad Governance and wickedness for 8 years and they will vote for you to continue to punish them.

Tinubu and his cohorts must return the mandate of the Nigerian people.

124 Likes 10 Shares

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by Racoon(m): 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
Well, the said Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB are the real terrorists while they are heavily paying bandits and BH terrorists to secure their freedom. So much for a failed nation.

Meanwhile, "Bandits are just doing business and not taking territories" according to Femi Adeshina, Nasir El-Rufai, Lai Mohammed.

40 Likes

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
Bashir Elrufai come and translate this one to hausa for me.

Yeye boy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by Quest7777: 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
Cash scarcity actually reduced incidents of Kidnapping, but then Kidnapping is a lesser evil compared with grounding the economy through lack of cash.

But, Nigerians need to start seeing convicted Kidnappers publicly executed by firing squad. Until then, most criminals will continue to see Kidnapping as lucrative business.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by TheFreshVanilla: 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
Since you're highly populated in North and your votes decide who rules Nigeria, you should be able to protect yourselves too. Keep that kidnapping nonsense within your territory, when you're tired of being killed, you will be the solution to your problem.

24 Likes

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
angry Supreme Court don finished us lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by Reelmii: 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
....thank God ur cousin came out alive...some piad the ranson and they received the dead body of their loved one......may we not be victims of kidnappers

16 Likes

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by Sagai: 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
shortgun:
You can't torture Nigerians with bad Governance and wickedness for 8 years and they will vote for you to continue to punish them.

Hmm
Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by Draslo(m): 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
We will never forget the presidential candidates that supported it with their full chest. Clueless people

4 Likes

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by 2blessed01(m): 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
Dem say e go help curb kidnapping 🥴....
Somebody should tell Nigerian govt to dey fear God abeg...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
balancequiet:
Just 2M?
E bi like say you be kidnaper undecided undecided undecided undecided

Or you dey suspect say na STAGED kidnapping grin

1 Like

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by phemmie06(m): 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
The truth must be told the cashless policy and naira redesign made kidnapping reduced

18 Likes

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by easzypeaszy(m): 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
shortgun:

my brthr leave dattin...u see ehhn no be APC dey vote na Tinubu mst ppl vote..dey kw Tinubu is nt lik Buhari and frm his past records..I pray he delibvers sha..Durin the 2023 election i prayed eithr Tinubu or Obi wins..so me no gt issue wt both men

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by OmotolaBoy(m): 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
Naija My Country
Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by Kiddogarcia(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
Why am I having issues believing this, but the truth is that,the bandit boys has finally returned

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho

1 Like

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by mechanics(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
balancequiet:
Just 2M?
Why just, you think is a small money?

3 Likes

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by 2blessed01(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
balancequiet:
Just 2M?
2M cash during the cash scarcity is not "JUST" abeg 🥴

6 Likes

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by Globad(f): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
shortgun:

Why didn't people see Obi as PDP?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by 2016v2017: 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
shortgun:

Re: We Paid ₦2M Cash To Kidnappers As Ransom During Cash Scarcity - Adamu Hayatu by Godfullsam(m): 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2023
balancequiet:
Just 2M?

Must you say something?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13-Year-Old Girl Declared Missing In Kwara State. Photos / Fake PHCN Staff Killed After Robbery Operation At A Lady's House In Kano. Photos / Aiye And Blue Mate Confraternity Members Arrested During Robbery Operation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.