Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Gov. Wike – I Won’t Campaign For PDP If Dino Wins For Governorship In Kogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Wike – I Won’t Campaign For PDP If Dino Wins For Governorship In Kogi (313 Views)

Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 / APC Wins Governorship Election In Dino Melaye Polling Unit, Dino Wins Senatorial / Ohaneze: We’ll Vote Against Atiku, PDP If…… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Wike – I Won’t Campaign For PDP If Dino Wins For Governorship In Kogi by Chiomaboniface: 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
By Thav Tv

The Rivers State governor believes the PDP would lose the governorship election if it present Melaye as its candidate. As Senator Dino Melaye joined the Kogi governorship race, Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has made his stand known on the forthcoming governorship election in the state.Wike believes Melaye does not have what it takes to vie for such a political position.

He said on Tuesday, April 11, 2023, during a media chat with selected journalists in Port Harcourt. “When you give Dino that ticket, you know he won’t win in Kogi State. Why would Kogi people say they would vote for a candidate like Dino? Are we joking?” he said.According to him, the fact that someone comes from a particular place does not translate to electoral success for the person if the person contests an election. “Dino does not have what it takes [to be a governor] for crying out loud”. He knows me very well. He does not have what it takes to be a governor.”

The Rivers State governor believes the PDP would lose the governorship election if it present Melaye as its candidate. “Does it mean now that if the PDP wants to win the election, it would give the ticket to Dino and you say tomorrow that you were rigged when you have already killed yourself?” “Are we saying that we want to win an election or just have a candidate?” he queried.When asked if he would campaign for the PDP if Melaye gets the party’s ticket, Wike said, “Do you need to ask me that kind of question? Are you not aware that I would not do that?” Wike alleged that the party’s leadership was trying to “manipulate” the process in favour of Melayed.

https://thavmedia.com/gov-wike-i-wont-campaign-for-pdp-if-dino-wins-for-governorship-in-kogi/
Re: Gov. Wike – I Won’t Campaign For PDP If Dino Wins For Governorship In Kogi by Xscape1993(m): 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
Always talking and talking....I hate cheap talk....

1 Like

Re: Gov. Wike – I Won’t Campaign For PDP If Dino Wins For Governorship In Kogi by Nwodosis(m): 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
He meant he won't be rigging for him
Re: Gov. Wike – I Won’t Campaign For PDP If Dino Wins For Governorship In Kogi by ChinemeremFidel: 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2023
Wike talks too much

Dino behaves like a kid too
Re: Gov. Wike – I Won’t Campaign For PDP If Dino Wins For Governorship In Kogi by Flapp478(m): 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2023
The loquacious Governor

(1) (Reply)

Musa Mubarak Wins Nnpp's Governorship Ticket In Kogi / Allen Onyeama Wants To Help Stranded Nigerians In Sudan / Just In: Why Are A Lot Of Nigerian Politicians So Dumb To Know This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.