Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

How To Write Persuasive Essays Topics ? Simple Guide - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Write Persuasive Essays Topics ? Simple Guide (212 Views)

Characteristics Of Persuasive Essays 2022 / UK Standard: Academic Writing for Thesis, Dissertations, Research Essays & More / Step By Step Guide For Writing A Persuasive Essay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Write Persuasive Essays Topics ? Simple Guide by briansmith4631: 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2023
A persuasive essay is a type of academic writing that aims to convince the reader to accept a particular point of view or take a specific action. The essay should present a well-reasoned argument with supporting evidence to persuade the reader of the writer's opinion. Writing a persuasive essay can be challenging, but with the right approach, it is possible to craft a compelling and persuasive essay that will convince the reader.

Here are some tips on how to write a persuasive essay .

Choose a strong and debatable topic
The first step in writing a persuasive essay is to choose a strong and debatable topic. Your topic should be one that you feel passionately about and one that has enough evidence to support your argument. Make sure to choose a topic that is relevant to your audience and one that they will be interested in.

Conduct research
Once you have chosen your topic, the next step is to conduct research. You need to gather as much information as possible to support your argument. Use credible sources such as books, academic journals, and reliable websites to find evidence to support your argument.

Create an outline
Creating an outline is an essential step in writing a persuasive essay. Your outline should include an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Each paragraph in the body should present a single idea that supports your argument. Your conclusion should summarize your argument and provide a call to action.

Write your introduction
Your introduction should grab the reader's attention and provide background information on the topic. It should also include a clear thesis statement that presents your argument.

Also Read:

exemplification essay examples

Write the body paragraphs
The body of your essay should include at least three paragraphs that present evidence to support your argument. Each paragraph should begin with a topic sentence that presents the main idea of the paragraph. Use specific examples and evidence to support your argument.

Write your conclusion
Your conclusion should restate your thesis statement and summarize your argument. It should also provide a call to action, encouraging the reader to take action or accept your point of view.

Edit and proofread
After you have written your essay, it is essential to edit and proofread it. Look for grammar and spelling errors and ensure that your argument is clear and persuasive.

Here are some persuasive essay examples to give you an idea of what a persuasive essay looks like:

Gun Control
The topic of gun control is a controversial one that has been the subject of much debate. In a persuasive essay on gun control, the writer could argue that stricter gun control laws are needed to reduce gun violence in the United States. The writer could present statistics on gun violence and argue that stricter gun control laws would save lives.

Capital Punishment
Capital punishment is another controversial topic that has been the subject of much debate. In a persuasive essay on capital punishment, the writer could argue that the death penalty is an effective deterrent to crime. The writer could present statistics on the number of crimes committed before and after the death penalty was introduced and argue that the death penalty has reduced crime rates.

Climate Change
Climate change is a pressing issue that affects the entire world. In a argumentative essay outline on climate change, the writer could argue that we need to take action to reduce our carbon footprint and prevent further damage to the environment. The writer could present evidence of the effects of climate change, such as rising sea levels and more frequent natural disasters, and argue that we need to act now to prevent further damage.

In conclusion, writing a persuasive essay requires a strong argument supported by evidence. By choosing a strong and debatable topic, conducting research, creating an outline, and writing a clear and persuasive argument, you can craft a compelling essay that will convince the reader to accept your point of view or take a specific action.

Read More Also:

how to write discussion post

Thanksgiving movies for kids
Re: How To Write Persuasive Essays Topics ? Simple Guide by toxatyt: 5:32pm On Apr 12, 2023
I now have an essay topic related to literature and its review, for me this is a rather difficult topic, to be honest, I skipped classes because I spend more time working and at that moment I had to turn to the writing services review professionals for help, they helped me a lot in this, having analyzed all my mistakes and made it so that I got a high mark, which is why if you think that you have no chance to understand the literature and write a beautiful and competent essay, you are mistaken, everything is possible.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Technology Important In Education / Batch A - Stream Ii 2023 Nysc Deployment / Why Studying MBBS In Georgia Is A Smart Choice For Indian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.