Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts (1232 Views)

Why Tinubu Forfeited $460,000 In US — APC Tells Court / Tinubu & The Drug Money Saga: Plainsite Has Been Reported To Google - Hundeyin / Full And Unredacted Case File Of Tinubu's Drug Money Seizure - David Hundeyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by iSense247: 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2023
The Logic in Agbado Kingdom

It is not the driver that knocks the pedestrian, but the car.

It is not the Yahoo boy that bought the Range Rover, but his account.

It is not the man that killed those in the bank in Louisville Kentucky, but his gun.

In the same way,

It is not Tinubu that was charged for drug money of $460,000, but his bank account.

#FacebookTelevision

https://www.facebook.com/100047214812954/posts/748046123445875/?app=fbl

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by Felabrity: 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2023
Hushpuppi should also tell that to the court

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by bentenny(m): 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
cheesy
Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by Alezy(m): 3:22pm On Apr 12, 2023
Nothing APC no fit defend grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by LegendHero(m): 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2023
That is how civil forfeiture work in USA.

They can charge your property and not charge you. The problem of you guys is that you just come online to create topic without doing a simple google search.

It is also sometimes called civil asset forfeiture.

Civil forfeiture:

An in rem (against the property) court proceeding brought against property that was derived from or used to commit an offense, rather than against a person who committed an offense. Unlike criminal forfeiture, there is no criminal conviction required, although the government is still required to prove in court that the property was linked to criminal activity. The proceeding allows the court to gather anyone with an interest in the property in the same case and resolve all the issues with the property at one time. In a civil forfeiture case, the government is the plaintiff, the property is the defendant, and any person who claims an interest in the property is a claimant. Civil forfeiture allows the government to file cases against property that would not be reachable through criminal forfeiture, such as property of criminals located outside the United States, including terrorists, and fugitives. Civil forfeiture also permits recovery of assets held by deceased defendants or where no defendant can be identified.

https://www.justice.gov/afms/types-federal-forfeiture

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by Ireportlive: 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2023
Will some fools practically put their miserable life on hold just to troll Tinubu for 8 years?!

He is your President go on and go to hell

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by AcuraZDX: 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2023
LegendHero:

They can charge your property and not charge you. The problem of you guys is that you just come online to create topic without doing a simple google search.

Mûmu reasoning.

They can charge "your" property and not you.

So the name of the property will replace the "your" in this stupid analogy of yours right?

Who do una this thing abeg?

3 Likes

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by LegendHero(m): 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2023
AcuraZDX:

Mûmu reasoning.

So the name of the property will replace the "your" in this stupid analogy of yours right?

This is directly from justice.gov website about civil forfeiture . Infact they can even charge the asset of a dead man alone without involving any human being in it.

I know the prerequisite to be an Obi supporter is for low intellectual reasoning. I forgive you for your ignorance.

An in rem (against the property) court proceeding brought against property that was derived from or used to commit an offense, rather than against a person who committed an offense. Unlike criminal forfeiture, there is no criminal conviction required, although the government is still required to prove in court that the property was linked to criminal activity. The proceeding allows the court to gather anyone with an interest in the property in the same case and resolve all the issues with the property at one time. In a civil forfeiture case, the government is the plaintiff, the property is the defendant, and any person who claims an interest in the property is a claimant. Civil forfeiture allows the government to file cases against property that would not be reachable through criminal forfeiture, such as property of criminals located outside the United States, including terrorists, and fugitives. Civil forfeiture also permits recovery of assets held by deceased defendants or where no defendant can be identified.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by muhammaduyusufu: 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2023
LegendHero:

Don't you know that alot of Nigerian youths are simple minded and lack exposure. They can't think outside anything more difficult than 1+2=3.

It would be a very good idea if the incoming government can invest more into the educational sector.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by nabiz(m): 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2023
Why is is it that all apc supporters shameless and senseless

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by LegendHero(m): 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:

Don't you know that alot of Nigerian youths with simple mind and lack of exposure can't think outside anything more difficult than 1+2=3.

It would be a very good idea if the government can invest more into the educational sector.

One crazy thing about Nigeria situation is that lot of people are educated illiterates.

Educated illiterates are worse than complete illiterate. An educated illiterate will still argue and argue with you when you correct them because they think they know. They do this because of ego.

An illiterate will just accept his mistake and he is always open to correction because no ego to damage.

Unfortunately for Nigeria, 99% of Obi supporters are educated illiterate.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by AcuraZDX: 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2023
LegendHero:

This is directly from justice.gov website about civil forfeiture . Infact they can even charge the asset of a dead man alone without involving any human being in it.

I know the prerequisite to be an Obi supporter is for low intellectual reasoning. I forgive you for your ignorance.

Go back to the US Court documents and see the defendants name.

Stop doing copy and paste like others.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by KanwuliaExtra: 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2023
The gospel according to one SAPELE-WATER-KURUKEKE SAN KEYAMO! grin

4 Likes

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by Christistruth03: 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2023
The money was charged for unpaid taxes

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by LegendHero(m): 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2023
AcuraZDX:

Go back to the US Court documents and see the defendants name.

Stop doing copy and paste like others.

First agree that you are wrong about civil forfeiture and then we can go to the next argument.

The topic of this thread is about the fact that assets can be charged and not the person. Now you know because of how I explained.

At least thank me for curing you of your ignorance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by AcuraZDX: 3:44pm On Apr 12, 2023
LegendHero:

First agree that you are wrong about civil forfeiture and then we can go to the next argument.

The topic of this thread is about the fact that assets can be charged and not the person. Now you know because of how I explained.

At least thank me for curing you of your ignorance.

I should agree to what?

You tried to twist the whole case and I corrected you😆. And you want me to agree to what exactly?

To your mischievous take or lies? Which one?

You can't gaslight someone like me with lies kiddo. Why didn't you stick to the topic of the thread?
Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by iSense247: 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2023
LegendHero, continue quoting and replying yourself with several accounts to deceive yours fellow zombies. Sensible people will always take you for who you are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by AcuraZDX: 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2023
iSense247:
LegendHero, continue quoting and replying yourself with several accounts to deceive yours fellow zombies. Sensible people will always take you for who you are.

Don't mind him.

He jumped on the thread in a bid to gaslight the topic and I bursted his fake ass. And now he has gotten his senses back.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by Johnjustice: 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2023
It was a case of moving around the wrong circles, he lived in a block where dealers lived, and they mistakenly thought he was part of them. This things happen, guilty by association I guess.
Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by orisa37: 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2023
INVESTIGATE THOROUGHLY EMEFIELE IS INVOLVED.
Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by floret23(f): 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2023
AcuraZDX:

Don't mind him.

He jumped on the thread in a bid to gaslight the topic and I bursted his fake ass. And now he has gotten his senses back.
I'm praying for grace to always ignore people like him online. People whose means of livelihood depends on spreading falsehood don't worth my attention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by popesco123: 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2023
Olodo, thinubu is criminal

quote author=Ireportlive post=122469618]Will some fools practically put their miserable life on hold just to troll Tinubu for 8 years?!

He is your President go on and go to hell[/quote]
Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by floret23(f): 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2023
Johnjustice:
It was a case of moving around the wrong circles, he lived in a block where dealers lived, and they mistakenly thought he was part of them. This things happen, guilty by association I guess.
LegendHero, you have switched to another moniker in defense of your drug baron. Shame on you.

The circles, dealers and associations Tinubu lived with are invisible and don't have account numbers. Only your drug lord is visible and his bank accounts used for transacting heroin. How does this sound to your head?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by AcuraZDX: 3:55pm On Apr 12, 2023
Johnjustice:

I hope you will come to court and testify?

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by orisa37: 3:55pm On Apr 12, 2023
IF TINUBU'S BANK ACCOUNT IS DEBITED, WHO TAKES THE CREDIT AND FOR WHAT CONSIDERATION?
EMEFIELE SHOULD EXPLAIN TO NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by MasterShifu010(m): 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2023
Look what I found

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by floret23(f): 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2023
LegendHero:

I am not the one that is writing this comment, it is my keyboard. Do you agree? grin
Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by orisa37: 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2023
IT IS ALL FRAUDULENT CARRIAGE OF JUSTICE.
Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by Omowale2023(m): 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2023
iSense247:
The Logic in Agbado Kingdom

https://www.facebook.com/100047214812954/posts/748046123445875/?app=fbl
It is not me that got my wife pregnant, it is my penis......😂😂😂
Funny people.
Agbado Peoples' CORN-gress
Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by IgOga(m): 4:24pm On Apr 12, 2023
grin grin grin grin

Una nor sabi anything about US law grin

civil forfeiture

Civil forfeiture allows the government (typically the police) to seize — and then keep or sell — any property that is allegedly involved in a crime or illegal activity. Owners need not ever be arrested or convicted of a crime for their cash, cars, or even real estate to be taken away permanently by the government. The government does not have to charge the property owner with any specific crime in order to seize the property, and must prove only by a preponderance of the evidence that the property is legally forfeitable. After property has been seized, the burden of proof shifts to the owner, who must prove that the property was not involved in nor obtained as a result of illegal activity. While the government views civil forfeiture as a powerful tool against the drug trade, organized crime, and political corruption, it is often criticized as an unconstitutional exercise of government power, in violation of the Fourth, Fifth, and Eighth Amendments, and as against a fundamental element of due process.

Such a proceeding is conducted in rem, or against the property itself, rather than in personam, or against the owner of the property. For this reason, civil forfeiture case names often appear strange, such as United States v. Eight Rhodesian Stone Statues because the property is the defendant.

Civil forfeiture is codified in 18 U.S.C. §§ 981, 983, 984, and 985, as well as in 21 U.S.C. § 881.

Proponents argue that it is effective in thwarting criminal organizations by efficiently and directly harming suspected criminals economically while helping law enforcement financially. Critics argue that innocent owners can become entangled in the process where they are presumed guilty instead of being presumed innocent. Critics argue that the incentives lead to corruption and law enforcement misbehavior and abuse.

Source: Cornell law School [url]https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/civil_forfeiture#:~:text=Civil%20forfeiture%20allows%20the%20government,away%20permanently%20by%20the%20government[/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by floret23(f): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2023
Omowale2023:

It is not me that got my wife pregnant, it is my penis......😂😂😂
Funny people.
Agbado Peoples' CORN-gress
It is not you that typed this, it is your keyboard. grin
Re: It Is Not Tinubu That Was Charged For $460,000 For Drug Money But His Accounts by IgOga(m): 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2023
AcuraZDX:

Mûmu reasoning.

Who do una this thing abeg?

That's the fact in US law. Learn before typing nonsense online. That's the US law!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Many Feared Injured As Yoruba Nation Agitators Storm Police Station In Lagos. / Igbos are great people. They should reject Jewish claims / See Photo: British Warship Arrives Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.