Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market (682 Views)

Gunmen Kill 10 People In Te’egbe, Plateau State, Burn Houses / Army Invades Okoma In Rivers State, Burn Houses / Zamani Youths In Niger State Burn Their Brooms And APC Banners (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by UNDFTD: 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2023
The Nigerian Army personnel appear to have resumed the invasion and burning of communities in Imo State to provoke another season of unrest in the South East.

SaharaReporters reliably gathered that troops of the Nigerian military on Sunday, during Easter celebrations invaded Orsu-Ihiteukwa, Orsu local government area of Imo State, and burnt down Ekeututu International Market after looting shops.
Community sources told SaharaReporters on Tuesday that the soldiers numbering more than 200 with armoured vehicles invaded the community while people were still in various churches attending Sunday Mass and services in commemoration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

One of the sources said, "On Sunday morning, Nigerian soldiers invaded Orsu-Ihiteukwa, my community, and went to our ancestral market Ekeututu International Market and broke into shops owned by individual traders and businessmen and women, looted and set them ablaze.
"They were shooting sporadically when they invaded which saw people running helter-skelter for their dear lives, some who went to church almost got trapped inside the church as they could not leave for fear of being killed."

Lamenting the destruction and burning down of the ancestry market after looting, another witness said, "This is one operation too many that has been going on in my community, and little or nothing is heard about it. Personnel of the Nigerian military have become terrorists in my community and Imo State," he added. "Jihadist Fulani herdsmen are killing hundreds and sacking communities in Benue state on a daily basis and other Christian Communities in the North Central, they have not done anything but every other day Nigeria military have turned their guns weapons on Igbo Communities.

Now while their Fulani jihadist herdsmen are evaporating Communities in North Central and Nigerian are doing the same in South East."
The source stated that because of the outcry of atrocious activities carried out in Orsu LGA and neighbouring communities, the military and other state actors stopped attacking the people until recently they resumed attack for no justifiable reasons.
"Earlier last month people's living houses and shops were set ablaze including vehicles in the community including Ekeututu international market and its environs.

"This method of operation by the military is anything other than fight against banditry and insurgence. How can the military be destroying people’s homes and businesses including the lives of innocent people and looting goods and properties and they tag it as a fight against banditry and insurgence?

"We have always said that we are not against fighting insurgents but in doing so we expect the military to act professionally and observe the rules of engagement. The situation where the military kill, loot and destroy lives and properties at will is unacceptable. "Imagine a military operation carried out on Sunday the resurrection of Christ is being celebrated in a predominantly Christian community is to say the least a sacrilege.

"So, please we are facing an existential crisis and threat and we need the whole world to hear about it. This story is verifiable, it's not fake, it's not propaganda nor a scam. I personally have suffered losses both in human and material worth. "We need this to stop and it's largely because nothing is heard about the military atrocities committed in Orsu-ihiteukwa in particular and Orsu LGA in general that is why the act is ongoing. Even as I send this text, the military is still in my community Orsu-ihiteukwa since yesterday.

"Many have fled the communities in Orsu LGA of Imo State for their dear lives leaving the whole place a ghost town, yet the military is not relenting, they want to completely annihilate and wipe us out of the surface of mother earth. I do not know what sins our people have committed to be going through all this. "Please I want your organization to come to our aid by giving this story-wide publication so that those who do not know the degree of what is happening in Orsu will know and help us talk to the authorities to do the needful.

"Please sir we are going through a lot, we now bury our dead in the city, celebrate traditional marriages in the cities as well as other functions that ought to be observed in the village all due to insecurity. We cannot continue like this. For over two years now, we have not known peace."

https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/11/exclusive-nigerian-army-personnel-resume-invasion-communities-imo-state-burn-markets
Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by javaguru: 3:55pm On Apr 12, 2023
I have decided not to believe everything I see on the internet

Any proof

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by gfelo(m): 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2023
Operations sanitize the Southeast, no form terrorist group una no hear, I bet, you guyz cant stand what Northeast have been through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by Phoen1X: 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2023
Give peace a chance,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by Ogilinsaka: 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2023
So what of that abducted Lady soldier?

Just wondering aloud

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by EmeeNaka: 4:02pm On Apr 12, 2023
Hmmm
Everybody living in the South East must condemn the atrocity of IPOB/ESN unknown gunmen terrorism. The idiots that are crying about the atrocity of the military has failed to appreciate the evil of Nnamdi Kanu preaching of hate and IPOB/ESN unknown gunmen evil. We must stand up and join the Army and police authority to destroy evil face of IPOB/ESN destructive agenda.
Any loss of innocent lives stand condemned whether committed by Army or IPOB/ESN gunman

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by FreeStuffsNG: 4:02pm On Apr 12, 2023
I believe this is not unconnected with the murder of the Nigerian Armed Forces personnel by the members of the proscribed ipob the villagers may be habouring in their villages.

It reminds me of Odi in Bayelsa during Pa Obj's tenure. It is always very bad when you murder and withold the corpses of the security agents. Nigerian armed forces will not stop until they retreive the bodies of their comrades and get the killers of those security personnel because they know their departed colleagues will do same for them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by Odin13: 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wetin be Una offense?

Dem no jus the vist Una like that

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by Brendaniel: 4:18pm On Apr 12, 2023
Look at the comments before mine, the same people are praying for Nigeria to be like America, UAE, Canada, Saudi Arabia and so on but don't want our leaders and security agencies to behave like those countries leaders and security agencies.

Is this how those countries treat their citizens in the name of fighting insecurity - something is obviously wrong
Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by gidgiddy: 4:18pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmeeNaka:
Hmmm
Everybody living in the South East must condemn the atrocity of IPOB/ESN unknown gunmen terrorism. The idiots that are crying about the atrocity of the military has failed to appreciate the evil of Nnamdi Kanu preaching of hate and IPOB/ESN unknown gunmen evil. We must stand up and join the Army and police authority to destroy evil face of IPOB/ESN destructive agenda.
Any loss of innocent lives stand condemned whether committed by Army or IPOB/ESN gunman

If Soldiers go to a community and start looting, shooting and killing, lets call it the criminal activity it is

All the insecurity in the South East is not up to what is happening in Buhari's home state of Katsina where armed bandits are controlling areas, launching attacks and killing people to the extent that Governor Masari is crying and begging people to take up arms and defend themselves

But I have never heard that Soldiers invaded anywhere in Katsina

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by EmeeNaka: 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2023
gidgiddy:

If Soldiers go to a community and start looting, shooting and killing, lets call it the criminal activity it is

All the insecurity in the South East is not up to what is happening in Buhari's home state of Katsina where armed bandits are controlling areas, launching attacks and killing people to the extent that Governor Masari is crying and begging people to take up arms and defend themselves

We will not wait for the insecurities in South East to be up to what happens in Katsina before we deal with it. We must commend the Army/police/DSs and Ebubeagu for the great service in destroying all vestiges of IPOB/ESN unknown gunmen.
I do however hope that innocent lives and properties must be separated from the military target, as collateral damages is evil. Army/police has no right to kill the people they claim to protect. Any killing of the innocent person is strongly reprehensible and stand condemned

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by UNDFTD: 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2023
I find it shocking but not surprising that NONE of the jarheads on this platform made any mention of the murderous killings of innocent old folks, women, and children and the total obliteration of their communities in IMO state on Easter Sunday. These innocent civilians that survived this murderous rampage by the Fulani terrorists in military uniform are NOW destitute with NO help from their government. Nobody is speaking out on their behalf, NOT your president or your politicians! Every one of them is silent, deaf, and dumb but the moment they rise up to defend themselves, all the COWARDS including those of you on this platform would find your voice.
Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by BossGerald: 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2023
gfelo:
Operations sanitize the Southeast, no form terrorist group una no hear, I bet, you guyz cant stand what Northeast have been through.

Imo state has been the most peaceful and prosperous state till Apc came in undecided

Ponder on that
Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by gfelo(m): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2023
Same as Borno state check their motto: Home of peace, but when they give rooms for politicians to use them, we all know the story.

BossGerald:

Imo state has been the most peaceful and prosperous state till Apc came in undecided

Ponder on that

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by UNDFTD: 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2023
gidgiddy:

Do NOT mind these idiots that talk from both sides of their mouths. How many times have we heard of Fulani terrorists killing military personnel in the north and burning police stations, but you never heard of them going to destroy their communities? They are nothing but COWARDS! They only show their bravery and gallantry when confronting armless civilians in the southeast. I dare any of these M0R0NS to speak out when pictures start showing up on social media of these cowardly soldiers being slaughtered like chickens by our gallant men.
Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by UNDFTD: 4:38pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmeeNaka:
Hmmm

How many times have your cowardly soldiers gone into communities in the north and burn them down because Fulani terrorists killed them? I guess you have not heard of the Fulani terrorists killing soldiers and burning down police stations in Bornu state, Katsina, or Zamfara right? STOP speaking from both sides of your mouth!
Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by EmeeNaka: 4:44pm On Apr 12, 2023
UNDFTD:

How many times have your cowardly soldiers gone into communities in the north and burn them down because Fulani terrorists killed them? I guess you have not heard of the Fulani terrorists killing soldiers and burning down police stations in Bornu state, Katsina, or Zamfara right? STOP speaking from both sides of your mouth!
I am not interested in Whataboutism.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by gidgiddy: 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmeeNaka:
We will not wait for the insecurities in South East to be up to what happens in Katsina before we deal with it. We must commend the Army/police/DSs and Ebubeagu for the great service in destroying all vestiges of IPOB/ESN unknown gunmen.
I do however hope that innocent lives and properties must be separated from the military target, as collateral damages is evil. Army/police has no right to kill the people they claim to protect. Any killing of the innocent person is strongly reprehensible and stand condemned

Oh I see, it is only the South East that you people know that nobody should wait? But you people wait well well as killer herdsmen, ISWAP, Boko haram and armed bandits slaughter all over the North

This thing Soldiers are doing in Imo State will only make things much worse. It will make Soldiers the enemy of the people. Imo State was very peaceful until that idiot called Hope Uzodimma came in 2020 and started inviting Soldiers into his State. Now uncountable people are dead and property worth billions are destroyed
Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by BossGerald: 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2023
gfelo:
Same as Borno state check their motto: Home of peace, but when they give rooms for politicians to use them, we all know the story.

Apc demonic politicians

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by EmeeNaka: 4:56pm On Apr 12, 2023
gidgiddy:

Oh I see, it is only the South East that you people know that nobody should wait? But you people wait well well as killer herdsmen, ISWAP, Boko haram and armed bandits slaughter all over the North

This thing Soldiers are doing in Imo State will only make things much worse. It will make Soldiers the enemy of the people. Imo State was very peaceful until that idiot called Hope Uzodimma came in 2020 and started inviting Soldiers into his State. Now uncountable people are dead and property worth billions are destroyed
It is a grave lie from IPOB/ESN to say that Imo state was peaceful until Uzodimma invited the Army. IPOB/ESN terrorists have started beheading people, breaking maximum security prisons and burning houses of government officials, killing any individual that opposes them before Uzodimma invited soldiers. Ikonso and his terrorist gangs has been running amok in Imo state before Army was invited to stop them.
Is there any government in Nigeria that invites soldiers before insecurity? Which chemical or juju did Nnamdi Kanu feed you guys with?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by gidgiddy: 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmeeNaka:
It is a grave lie from IPOB/ESN to say that Imo state was peaceful until Uzodimma invited the Army. IPOB/ESN terrorists have started beheading people, breaking maximum security prisons and burning houses of government officials, killing any individual that opposes them before Uzodimma invited soldiers. Ikonso and his terrorist gangs has been running amok in Imo state before Army was invited to stop them.
Is there any government in Nigeria that invites soldiers before insecurity? Which chemical or juju did Nnamdi Kanu feed you guys with?

And Im sure if you are asked to show one single evidence that IPOB killed anybody, you will only have your mouth
Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by mancoconut: 5:04pm On Apr 12, 2023
If nothing else will motivate Imo people to come out en masse and not only vote out Uzodinma come November but also defend their votes ALL AT COST even if it means death, then I don't know what else will motivate them. APC tyranny in Imo ends this November gubernatorial elections, it will be bloody cause Uzodinma will fight dirty, but one man can't defeat a community. If it means hiring youths with guns to defend every polling units then so be it. The most important thing for Imo people to do is nominate a popular candidate under LP, and ensure no factions emerge, a very strong and popular candidate for LP must be selected from the primaries.
Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by EmeeNaka: 5:11pm On Apr 12, 2023
gidgiddy:

And Im sure if you are asked to show one single evidence that IPOB killed anybody, you will only have your mouth
Do you have evidence that members of IPOB/ESN have not killed anyone?
With all the murderous activities of the members of IPOB/ESN littering every part of Internet, you still want to ask for evidence? So you truly want to deny that IPOB/ESN members are not guilty of the grave criminal acts in Igboland?
Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by UNDFTD: 5:18pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmeeNaka:
I am not interested in Whataboutism.
I am sure you would NOT be because it involves killings of innocent Igbo-speaking Biafrans. What a shame and a disgrace! I dare you to speak out in condemnation when your COWARDLY soldiers return in body bags!
Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by EmeeNaka: 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2023
UNDFTD:

I am sure you would NOT be because it involves killings of innocent Igbo-speaking Biafrans. What a shame and a disgrace! I dare you to speak out in condemnation when your COWARDLY soldiers return in body bags!
Soldiers are meant to lay down their life, if need be, in defense of Nigeria coporate existence. There are more than 40million people of military age in Nigeria. IPOB/ESN will be destroyed no matter what it takes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by UNDFTD: 5:30pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmeeNaka:
Soldiers are meant to lay down their life, if need be, in defense of Nigeria coporate existence. There are more than 40million people of military age in Nigeria. IPOB/ESN will be destroyed no matter what it takes.

Well, you better stand in line to join them and lay down your life because they would need you! Get ready!
Re: Nigerian Army Personnel Resume Invasion Of Communities In Imo State, Burn Market by gidgiddy: 6:01pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmeeNaka:
Do you have evidence that members of IPOB/ESN have not killed anyone?
With all the murderous activities of the members of IPOB/ESN littering every part of Internet, you still want to ask for evidence? So you truly want to deny that IPOB/ESN members are not guilty of the grave criminal acts in Igboland?

So no evidence except your mouth? Well IPOB has several times denied any involvement in violence, denounced those are involved in violence, and maintained their innocence. So until someone has any evidence, beyond mouth, that they did anything, that remains the position

(1) (Reply)

Road Leading To Ebonyi Senator Elect's Home Kills Military Man / Why Peter Obi Always On Black Clothes? / Drama As Tinubu Start Recieved Shock Reaction From Nigeria Peoples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.