Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Is NYSC CDS Important - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is NYSC CDS Important (22325 Views)

Is NYSC Certificate Required For NDA Professional Course? (foreign Students) / Diary of my NYSC CDS online mentoring: How I impacted 20,000 Lives via nairaland / Please When Is Nysc 2018 Batch B Mobilization? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by AliEzeOlu: 6:01am On Apr 13, 2023
I got the job I am doing now true the position I played when I served in the CDS.

So yes, I'd say for me, CDS is very important.
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by Chetas81(m): 6:12am On Apr 13, 2023
gaddafe:
Nothing go happen baba.
in this type of the Republic
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by Skyno1: 6:18am On Apr 13, 2023
yarimo:
if you are posted in a village under lga nothing like CDS , even at lga headquarters level nothing will happen. I was once provost and later became CLO of my lga, so I know what I am saying.

in some places, its not taken serous but not all. I was a CLO in a village in Benue, you are allowed to miss just once a month with a genuine reason. Anything outside that you will do your clearance at the state headquarters which is 3k to and 3k fro, and you will explain why your LGI did not capture you.

if it continues unabated, then you will get an extension of service period
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by Keblast: 6:22am On Apr 13, 2023
You people graduated from the uni. Of Ijaw? Una English get degree
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by madampresh(f): 6:38am On Apr 13, 2023
As far as you bribe those LI with good amount of money, you're good to go.
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by HomeTutorsPro: 6:46am On Apr 13, 2023
jaeyking:
Some of people do service dem no even know how CDS look like

Now the question should be
Is the purpose of CDS still attainable in Nigeria
If people finished their NYS and got the certificate without spending up to a week in their PPA, what is CDS. They are the ghost corp members.
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by freeman67: 6:48am On Apr 13, 2023
starboycol:
What happen if a miss CDs for 1 month only I need to know will I get a extension and half pay or what

With out due permission? Who will then collect your clearance form? Any issues about clearance will affect allowee and any issue that affects allowee may affect the service year as a whole.
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by anyilalaz: 6:51am On Apr 13, 2023
javaguru:
I Neva attend for 1 day, we wey Dem post 4 riverine area, which kind service u wan render. All the service they need should be funded by the federal government.
Water, light, food.

The ijaw land of Nigeria are behind this country, like they have a long way to go

I wan do cds o, but I tell if ur here u can't do it either

Very true. I can relate. I served in one of the riverine communities in southern Ijaw LGA, precisely at ologbobiri. The enviroment made it impossible for CDS. Howerver, for your case, except there is a special reason, if not extension loading!!!
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by dannywest: 6:53am On Apr 13, 2023
NYSC as a whole is a waste of precious time.
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 7:01am On Apr 13, 2023
no, not very important. you can decide to be committed if you wish to serve humanity or meet new colleagues. I missed a couple of it delibrately
starboycol:
What happen if a miss CDs for 1 month only I need to know will I get a extension and half pay or what
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 7:03am On Apr 13, 2023
depends on your location, but i delibrately missed, its not as important as they make it, make sure you have at least 2 attendance if you are are actually present
starboycol:
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by AdebayoProLTD10(m): 7:03am On Apr 13, 2023
Base on your question, if you referring to general CDS, it's compulsory to attend it, but if you mean PCDS(Personal Community Development Service) this is not compulsory.
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by davidtemi(m): 7:09am On Apr 13, 2023
tragergeorge:
my friend no de use rubbish de pump
Tomorrow una go de complain say una president no get waec
My friend If my president get waec I no go complain. Me I get waec and very far more than waec. If anybody do rubbish why I no go complain??.?
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by dontbothermuch: 7:27am On Apr 13, 2023
Community development service. I do am o. For market & our Oba palace. Back in 2008

I'm from Rivers State. But let me appreciate my brothers & sisters from Ogun state, that showed me so much love during my service.
I appreciate Ogun Waterside
I appreciate Abigi
I appreciate tigara
I appreciate my own Ibiade
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by MrFly(m): 7:27am On Apr 13, 2023
Smartguyboy:
Depends on how wicked your LI is like during my time at Eti osa 3 or 2
I no remember again….lol the short LI was very means we even do thumb prints during CDS if you miss no clearance unless you give good reason in writing ✍️.
an LI doing his job dilligently translates to being wicked. when will we learn to do the right thing?

1 Like

Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by folake4u(f): 7:30am On Apr 13, 2023
Larrysung:

Oh Lord of Mercy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‹

1 Like

Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by Muyiii(m): 7:39am On Apr 13, 2023
The real question rather is β€œ has NYSC lost his bearing and value-add to the nation” ?
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by Judolisco(m): 7:47am On Apr 13, 2023
Sebastine1994:
Nysc as a whole is unnecessary. Not the CDS.

After wasting all these years in school, 4 years plus strike, they call you to come serve.

Corpers are posted to the north in the name of uniting Nigeria, If you want youth to waste an extra year of their life, you must compensate them properly, nysc is just free labor, how many youths corpers were paid for their service during this election
it's necessary... It introduces you to your first work after sch... That's if u haven't worked previously.... D problem with NYSC is d problem every institution in Nigeria is facing... Instead of it to improve it is declining in its values.....
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:56am On Apr 13, 2023
Where else will you meet pretty female corp members in your locality that you can start a no-strings attached relationship with?
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by OVAFYNBOY(m): 7:56am On Apr 13, 2023
jaeyking I didn't even attend CDS in my time.

post=122470746:

Some of people do service dem no even know how CDS look like

Now the question should be
Is the purpose of CDS still attainable in Nigeria
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:58am On Apr 13, 2023
javaguru:
I Neva attend for 1 day, we wey Dem post 4 riverine area, which kind service u wan render. All the service they need should be funded by the federal government.
Water, light, food.

The ijaw land of Nigeria are behind this country, like they have a long way to go

Lol
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by Harrynight(m): 8:19am On Apr 13, 2023
Ekakamba:
Nothing will happen. I missed CDS for the whole service period.

😯
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by BigDawsNet: 9:10am On Apr 13, 2023
starboycol:

Akwa ibom, you can't miss CDS
4 CdS attendance will give you clearance for you monthly thumbprint...

You can only miss one or two if you have the authorization from ur LI
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by Blaze232(m): 9:57am On Apr 13, 2023
starboycol:

So let say I miss the first two or three CDs and went for the last one can my CDs officer still give me a CDs Clearance form or what is the punish I get for missing
No clearance for you
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by LZAA: 10:21am On Apr 13, 2023
starboycol:

So let say I miss the first two or three CDs and went for the last one can my CDs officer still give me a CDs Clearance form or what is the punish I get for missing
Guy if you want your alawee and you dey state wey dey function better do your cds or do the alternative
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by Pootle: 10:35am On Apr 13, 2023
my time no cds no pay it was that important. dont know how it works now undecided
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by yarimo(m): 11:38am On Apr 13, 2023
Skyno1:

in some places, its not taken serous but not all. I was a CLO in a village in Benue, you are allowed to miss just once a month with a genuine reason. Anything outside that you will do your clearance at the state headquarters which is 3k to and 3k fro, and you will explain why your LGI did not capture you.

if it continues unabated, then you will get an extension of service period
During my time it was not that seriously, may be now much technology and some rules are introduce
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by Johnawesome(m): 11:43am On Apr 13, 2023
javaguru:
Water, light, food.

just dey play ehn! na because you never enter Taraba and Jigawa State before
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by tragergeorge(m): 2:43pm On Apr 13, 2023
davidtemi:

My friend If my president get waec I no go complain. Me I get waec and very far more than waec. If anybody do rubbish why I no go complain??.?
CDs we u no attend no b rubbish,,abi who sit down house de do PPA no b rubbish...
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by davidtemi(m): 5:07pm On Apr 13, 2023
tragergeorge:
CDs we u no attend no b rubbish,,abi who sit down house de do PPA no b rubbish...
No, no be rubbish to me, cos after d cds/ppa era I don achieve BIG things, trust me. Probably it is rubbish in ur view sha
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by IjawTukpa: 5:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

No cap
I served at sagbama local government area

Omo they're fvcking backwards

Girls be throwing themselves on you 😠 even peoples wife sef

Be looking Food to chop and things to furu

I fvck the ones wey I like

I was literally on a fucking spree

My gbola see things for Bayelsa girls puna πŸ˜…

It is well

On a serious note they need help in Bayelsa State
go to every brothel in nigeria and see that all it sex workers are igbos,, mostly from imo.
Re: Is NYSC CDS Important by starboycol: 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2023
KomGhale:
We used biometric for CDS attendance today in Obio-Akpor.. I wan cryπŸ₯²πŸ₯²
That my Local government wait they use biometric did you attend it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

12 Pictures All Batch A, Stream 2 PCM Can Relate To / NYSC 2014 Batch C States' Of Deployment Library / NYSC Goes After 75 Ex- Corp Members For Refusing To Repay BTW N300k & N400k Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.