Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Be A Life Saver To Solve My E-passport Problem - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Be A Life Saver To Solve My E-passport Problem (3043 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / My E-passport Problem: Helpsssssssssss / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be A Life Saver To Solve My E-passport Problem by ovo4u(m): 2:58pm On Sep 21, 2011
My date of birth I provided is not correct during the registration of my E-Passport, what is the procedure to correct date of birth, e.g. from 10 May 1979 to 10 May 1987 or delect the E-Passport information so that I can apply for a new one here in Germany Embassy?I have proofs to show that 10 May 1987 is my true birthday as it appears on my WAEC and my old Nigeria Passport which is no more valid

The problem is that, I'm in Germany and can't travel back home to sort this out but i think my family member can help me back home but what are the steps need to be taken here?

Should my family go to Abuja so that they delect that passport so that i can get a new one from the Embassy here? or

Do they just go there and ask them to edit it on their system to the real age, so that I can apply for new Passport here by telling them I lost my E-passport?
I'm saying Abuja because that what the Embassy also told me here in Germany that they can't help me and it's only in Abuja they can help me but I got my E-Passport in Festac office Lagos.

I need my Nigeria passport so urgent right now and if anyone can really help me here to get what i need to do or the step need to be taken, then I would be one of the happiest person on earth, please no insults or why I got the wrong information at the first place, we all know the reason cos I was young then to apply for the kind of visa which i used to travel here.

One more important thing is that, I would like to beg the Moderator to take this to the front page, because it only there i could get enough help because not everyone that come on this travel forum. Pls Pls Mod. wink wink

Pls Nairaland, I know there are people here who can help me, I need your help plsssssssssssssss.
Re: Be A Life Saver To Solve My E-passport Problem by Vicjustice: 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2011
ovo4u:

My date of birth I provided is not correct during the registration of my E-Passport, what is the procedure to correct date of birth, e.g. from 10 May 1979 to 10 May 1987 or delect the E-Passport information so that I can apply for a new one here in Germany Embassy?I have proofs to show that 10 May 1987 is my true birthday as it appears on my WAEC and my old Nigeria Passport which is no more valid

The problem is that, I'm in Germany and can't travel back home to sort this out but i think my family member can help me back home but what are the steps need to be taken here?

Should my family go to Abuja so that they delect that passport so that i can get a new one from the Embassy here? or

Do they just go there and ask them to edit it on their system to the real age, so that I can apply for new Passport here by telling them I lost my E-passport?
I'm saying Abuja because that what the Embassy also told me here in Germany that they can't help me and it's only in Abuja they can help me but I got my E-Passport in Festac office Lagos.

I need my Nigeria passport so urgent right now and if anyone can really help me here to get what i need to do or the step need to be taken, then I would be one of the happiest person on earth, please no insults or why I got the wrong information at the first place, we all know the reason cos I was young then to apply for the kind of visa which i used to travel here.

One more important thing is that, I would like to beg the Moderator to take this to the front page, because it only there i could get enough help because not everyone that come on this travel forum. Pls Pls Mod. wink wink

Pls Nairaland, I know there are people here who can help me, I need your help plsssssssssssssss.
   First of all, under the Data Protection Acts, no "family member" has the privilege to demand or request for any information belonging to another person, how much more to request that a Date Of Birth belonging to another Passport holder in a West African computer database be altered.
   During the passport creating process, you had consciously provided the Passport Officer with every information required, and you were given the opportunity to verify that the information entered into their computer was correct, and you had confirmed their accuracy and have therefore given the Passport Officer the permission to proceed and create the Passport. Now, you have realised that you entered a wrong Date Of Birth (a familiar story with Nigerians); Now, if the E-Passport truly represent what they say it is, ECOWAS Identification Passport, then, i'm afraid changing anything genuinely and legitimately would be impossible: or, maybe you can put your thumb or the palm of your hand on Sulphuric Acid solution to melt away their original lines so that you can apply for a new passport with a born-again finger/thumb prints smiley. How about that?
Re: Be A Life Saver To Solve My E-passport Problem by ovo4u(m): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^Thanks atleast for your advice
Re: Be A Life Saver To Solve My E-passport Problem by ovo4u(m): 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2011
why can't the Moderator moves this to the front page? I need help here badly Pls Mod
Re: Be A Life Saver To Solve My E-passport Problem by alfablondy: 11:21am On Sep 22, 2011
@ op I will advice you get another passport on time especially if is going to affect you in the future. You can only get re issue in Abuja, if your passport is more than 6 months old then they will need to take your picture again, ditto your finger print, the date will be corrected provided you have proofs of confirmation of your real D.O. B.
Re: Be A Life Saver To Solve My E-passport Problem by ovo4u(m): 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2011
^^ Thank u but the problem is that I'm in Germany and I can't come to Nigeria now and this is one of the reason I need my passport now for the processing of my paper. but like I said before, I have the old passport which will expire July next year with my family in Nigeria but the new E-passport which I used to travel here is no more in existence, but the question, how can I get another E-passport with my real age.
Re: Be A Life Saver To Solve My E-passport Problem by steve13(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2011
When was the first passport issued?do U̶̲̥̅̊ have a birth cert (original) bearing that d.o.b?
Re: Be A Life Saver To Solve My E-passport Problem by ovo4u(m): 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2011
^^^thank you for your reply, how i wish the Mod can't do more here and move this post to the front page, 'I need help so bad here.When you mean the first passport, do you mean the old one that is no more valid? I'm sure it was insured 2007 cos it will expire normally 2011. I was born 1987, I think my parent don't have birth certificate but I got some Affidavit of age declaration at the time that I got my admission 2009.
Re: Be A Life Saver To Solve My E-passport Problem by Nobody: 12:30am On May 09, 2012
alfablondy: @ op I will advice you get another passport on time especially if is going to affect you in the future. You can only get re issue in Abuja, if your passport is more than 6 months old then they will need to take your picture again, ditto your finger print, the date will be corrected provided you have proofs of confirmation of your real D.O. B.

How sure are you of this process and where can I read up on it.

I have a friend that's in the same situation.
Re: Be A Life Saver To Solve My E-passport Problem by pinktruth: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
alfablondy: @ op I will advice you get another passport on time especially if is going to affect you in the future. You can only get re issue in Abuja, if your passport is more than 6 months old then they will need to take your picture again, ditto your finger print, the date will be corrected provided you have proofs of confirmation of your real D.O. B.

ɪ̣̝̇ 'm in the same situation,do you any immigration in Abuja that can help?

(1) (Reply)

The Ocean Is Deeper Than We Think / Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 / Fiance Visa Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.