Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,289 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

How Can I Identify A Phone That Will Work Abroad? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Identify A Phone That Will Work Abroad? (1041 Views)

How Do I Identify Original Chargers? Fakes Everywhere, Pls Guys / Pls How Can I Identify A Fast Charger To Buy? / The Bontel Phone That Can Charge Other Phones I Saw Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Identify A Phone That Will Work Abroad? by Winner90: 10:55am On Apr 13, 2023
Pls phone gurus, some mobile phones bought in nigeria are usually locked and unusable abroad. Which mobile brand can work with UK sim card? how can i identify them? Any apps for that?
Re: How Can I Identify A Phone That Will Work Abroad? by Emmynation(m): 8:43am On Apr 15, 2023
Winner90:
Pls phone gurus, some mobile phones bought in nigeria are usually locked and unusable abroad. Which mobile brand can work with UK sim card? how can i identify them? Any apps for that?

Not really, just get a device that sells in the UK too
Like Samsung, Iphones I think that's ok
Re: How Can I Identify A Phone That Will Work Abroad? by favourRN(m): 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2023
Winner90:

If you're planning to use your Nigerian-bought phone in the UK with a UK SIM card, it's important to check if the phone is compatible with the network bands used by UK carriers. Not all Nigerian-bought phones will work in the UK, especially if they are locked to a specific carrier or if they do not support the network bands used in the UK.

Here are some popular mobile phone brands that are generally compatible with UK network bands:

Apple iPhone - Most iPhone models sold in Nigeria are compatible with UK network bands.

Samsung Galaxy - Most Samsung Galaxy phones sold in Nigeria are also compatible with UK network bands.

Huawei - Most Huawei phones sold in Nigeria should also work with UK network bands.

Xiaomi - Xiaomi phones sold in Nigeria are generally compatible with UK network bands.

To check if your phone is compatible with UK network bands, you can use the following websites:

WillMyPhoneWork.net - This website lets you check if your phone is compatible with different carriers and networks around the world.

FrequencyCheck.com - This website provides a comprehensive list of phone models and the network bands they support.

GSMArena.com - This website provides detailed specifications of phone models, including the network bands they support.

There are no apps that can directly check if your phone is compatible with UK network bands, but you can use the above websites to check before you travel to the UK.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Identify A Phone That Will Work Abroad? by Tecnophone: 7:52pm On Apr 15, 2023
all standard mobile phones works in UK except tecno, infinix and itel (Transsions)
Winner90:
Re: How Can I Identify A Phone That Will Work Abroad? by Fonjewel0(f): 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2023
Tecnophone:
all standard mobile phones works in UK except tecno, infinix and itel (Transsions)

Ya! You are right.

I wish these guys can also make their phones work in Uk.

Had some friends reach out to ask for a few of their devices.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Identify A Phone That Will Work Abroad? by Inali: 5:46am On Apr 16, 2023
favourRN:

If you're planning to use your Nigerian-bought phone in the UK with a UK SIM card, it's important to check if the phone is compatible with the network bands used by UK carriers. Not all Nigerian-bought phones will work in the UK, especially if they are locked to a specific carrier or if they do not support the network bands used in the UK.

Here are some popular mobile phone brands that are generally compatible with UK network bands:

Apple iPhone - Most iPhone models sold in Nigeria are compatible with UK network bands.

Samsung Galaxy - Most Samsung Galaxy phones sold in Nigeria are also compatible with UK network bands.

Huawei - Most Huawei phones sold in Nigeria should also work with UK network bands.

Xiaomi - Xiaomi phones sold in Nigeria are generally compatible with UK network bands.

To check if your phone is compatible with UK network bands, you can use the following websites:

WillMyPhoneWork.net - This website lets you check if your phone is compatible with different carriers and networks around the world.

FrequencyCheck.com - This website provides a comprehensive list of phone models and the network bands they support.

GSMArena.com - This website provides detailed specifications of phone models, including the network bands they support.

There are no apps that can directly check if your phone is compatible with UK network bands, but you can use the above websites to check before you travel to the UK.
thanks for this

1 Like

Re: How Can I Identify A Phone That Will Work Abroad? by Idarachris84: 12:37pm On Apr 16, 2023
Fonjewel0:

Ya! You are right.

We all hope too.
But for now, we enjoy other brands for now.
Re: How Can I Identify A Phone That Will Work Abroad? by Wanni25(f): 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2023
Fonjewel0:

Ya! You are right.

Can't wait to explore.
Re: How Can I Identify A Phone That Will Work Abroad? by Kakadancefreak(f): 1:35pm On Apr 16, 2023
Tecnophone:
Abeg make them work biko.
Re: How Can I Identify A Phone That Will Work Abroad? by Winner90: 12:29am On Apr 18, 2023
Emmynation:

Not really, just get a device that sells in the UK too
Like Samsung, Iphones I think that's ok
Ok. thanks
Re: How Can I Identify A Phone That Will Work Abroad? by Winner90: 12:29am On Apr 18, 2023
favourRN:

Thanks alot

1 Like

Tecnophone:
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice ! / Free Gprs Browsing / Nokia 6600 Up 4 Grabs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.