Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! (2659 Views)

Kanayo O. Kanayo Urges Igbos To Ensure Peter Obi Gets Required 25% Spread / Dipo Says Obidients Are PDP Rejects. Haba, This Wickedness Is Too Much- Deji / INEC Please CHANGE The Design Of 2023 Ballot Papers Naah!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Tradegood: 6:16pm On Apr 13, 2023
25% spread in the required number of states and the FCT is not rocket science naah.

In simple English,

it simply means if a candidate gets 25% spread in the required number of states,
and the FCT IS ONE of the states,
you cannot now come and say to the candidate, "FCT is not a state, so a win in the FCT does not count for you".

The law is saying it will count. FCT is a state.
Dazzall.

That clause was just simply trying to validate FCT as a state.
Not that it is a "by fire by force" must win state.

It was just a validation something nii!

So, if you get 25% spread in the required number of states and FCT is not among, nothing spoil. You still win.

And as many people don talk tire for this forum, another section of our constitution validate this explanation wey I just knack give you so.

Na one guy first explain this thing concerning "and" usage here. But I don forget him moniker.
GOD come throw full light on the matter.

JJuanMiguel:

If i say you must pick 3 colors out of
red, green, yellow and white.

What does it mean?
Does this instruction mean you must pick white?
Engrisshh.

The two "and" are playing same role.

It is like listing all the states,
"Abia, Adamawa, Anambra Akwa Ibom, ...and then ending it with ...and FTC. It is a list of states.
But instead of always listing all the states every time, you would rather summarize and say, "the 36 states and FCT"

It is not a conditional statement.
That statement na summary of the list of states.

You need to know that in English, contextual rules exist too.

biotechshola:
Infact, the mention of "AND FCT" was deliberate to give Abuja the status of a state during elections. Normally, Abuja is not up to the standard of a state as it doesn't have what it requires to be a state, but just incase a candidate has 25% in 23states and Abuja and there's argument that Abuja will not count coz it's not a state.. Unfortunately, what was made to raise Abuja to the level of other state has been misinterpreted to mean Abuja is above the other states and has the be treated specially.
In summary!

Is somebody understanding me this evening ??
Amen?

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by headofschool: 6:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
Amen grin agbado boy...go and eat eba🤣..it's time

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Christistruth03: 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2023
Nobody should bring the Useless Osu Caste System to Abuja

All Nigerian Voters are equal

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Tradegood: 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2023
headofschool:
Amen grin agbado boy...go and eat eba🤣..it's time

I dey feel you, this your laugh dey sweet my belle. E be like say you just finish your plate of fufu cheesy grin
This politics section too dey hottt grin

2 Likes

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by rippa(m): 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2023
Tradegood:
25% spread in the required number of states and the FCT is not rocket science naah.

In simple English,

it simply means if a candidate gets 25% spread in the required number of states,
you can not now come and say to the candidate, "FCT is not a state, so a win in the FCT does not count for you".

Dazzall.

So, if you get 25% spread in the required number of states and FCT is not among, nothing spoil. You still win.

Amen?
🤣🤣
Agbadorians nor dey ever get brain.
Ordinary AND, u can't interpret 😆

So if i say Ola and Kemi should come to my house, and only Ola came, was my condition satisfied?

FCT nor be state. Who is the governor, where is the government house, house of assembly members etc
25% in 24 states AND FCT na wetin constitution talk

13 Likes

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Tradegood: 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2023
rippa:

🤣🤣

So if i say Ola and Kemi should come to my house, and only Ola came, was my condition satisfied?

FCT nor be state. Who is the governor, where is the government house, house of assembly members etc

Una can curse!
Na wetin make people tire for una.

"36 states and FCT" is a clause.

For example, Nigeria has 36 states and FCT.
Not Nigeria has 37 states.

You cannot not come and be going and be breaking that statement into units. Kapish?

Na clause!

2 Likes

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Orfankwagh(m): 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
If you say beans and rice,what do you mean?
Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Tradegood: 6:38pm On Apr 13, 2023
Orfankwagh:

Define clause.

I say "36 states and FCT" na one single statement.
You no fit break this one into units.
Na clause.

Rice and beans no be clause.
"English is a hard".

Define clause?

1 Like

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by buharitill2023: 6:38pm On Apr 13, 2023
rippa:

🤣🤣

that means obi.diot win 11 states excluding fct, since fct don't have governor and members of house of assembly
Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Tradegood: 6:40pm On Apr 13, 2023
buharitill2023:
that means obi.diot win 11 states excluding fct, since fct don't have governor and members of house of assembly

Abi naaaa grin grin

1 Like

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by JJuanMiguel: 6:52pm On Apr 13, 2023
Tradegood:

In simple English,

you cannot now come and say to the candidate, "FCT is not a state, so a win in the FCT does not count for you".

Dazzall.

Amen?

And as many people don talk tire for this forum, another section of our constitution validate this explanation wey I just knack give you so.

Na one guy first explain this thing. But I don forget him moniker

Don't waste your time on the okoro clan.

According to their logic, someone can get 80% in Abuja, lose in 36 states and go to court

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Tradegood: 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2023
JJuanMiguel:

Don't waste your time on the okoro clan.

According to their logic, someone can get 80% in Abuja, lose in 36 states and go to court

Lol, the movement na spirit, e just be wan succeed use LP candidate deceive the Tribe.
They both may not be acting with their clear eyes.

1 Like

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by JJuanMiguel: 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2023
Orfankwagh:

If i say you must pick 3 colors out of red, green, yellow and white.

What does it mean?

1 Like

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Tradegood: 7:00pm On Apr 13, 2023
JJuanMiguel:

What does it mean?

GOD bless you my brother.

People go school o grin

1 Like

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by rippa(m): 7:17pm On Apr 13, 2023
buharitill2023:

He is not obi-diot
But it always been stated 11states and FCT
I never see where dem say Obi won 12 states or maybe u go add Rivers to it. 12 States and FCT because Obi won rivers
Agbadorians nor dey ever get sense

1 Like

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by rippa(m): 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
Tradegood:

Una can curse!
Na wetin make people tire for una.

"36 states and FCT" is a clause.

For example, Nigeria has 36 states and FCT.
Not Nigeria has 37 states.

You cannot not come and be going and be breaking that statement into units. Kapish?

Na clause!
What is the meaning of AND oga?
Ordinary AND u nor know but u can create topic on nairaland.

Abeg which school u go?
Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by fiercehillz(m): 7:21pm On Apr 13, 2023
1. For anybody to be the senior prefect of the school, he/she must have at least 25% of votes in 2/3 of the senior secondary school classes AND the UTME prep class.

2. For anyone to be declared the best graduating student of the college of Medicine, he/she must score at least 75% in 2/3 of his/her registered medical courses AND Philosophy 601.

3. Akpan's Family is made up of Mr. Akpan, Mrs. Akpan and their 9 daughters. Ini is the eldest and most beautiful and has several suitors.

For any man to propose to her, he must at least convince 2/3 of the women in the house AND the Man of the house.

Explain these please.

6 Likes

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Christistruth03: 7:21pm On Apr 13, 2023
angry ;

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Tradegood: 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2023
JJuanMiguel:

If i say you must pick 3 colors out of
red, green, yellow and white.

What does it mean?
Engrisshh.

cc: fiercehillz, Drrnie

It is like listing all the states,
"Abia, Adamawa, Anambra Akwa Ibom, ...and then ending it with ...and FTC. It is a list of states.

But instead of always listing all the states every time, you would rather summarize and say, "the 36 states and FCT"

It is not a conditional statement.
Na summary of the list of states.

obedients can currrse undecided

1 Like

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Drrnie(m): 7:43pm On Apr 13, 2023
fiercehillz:
1. For anybody to be the senior prefect of the school, he/she must have at least 25% of votes in 2/3 of the senior secondary school classes AND the UTME prep class.

2. For anyone to be declared the best graduating student of the college of Medicine, he/she must score at least 75% in 2/3 of his/her registered courses AND MED601.

Explain these please.

Just leave OP alone abeg... I don't know how he thinks

5 Likes

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Tradegood: 7:51pm On Apr 13, 2023
Drrnie:

Just leave OP alone abeg... I don't know how he thinks

Na only you just understand me for this forum, e just better make e leave me o grin
Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Drrnie(m): 7:51pm On Apr 13, 2023
Tradegood:

Engrisshh.

cc: fiercehills

obedients can currrse undecided

I don't support that obedient sh*t but I just think you aren't getting it right with your quotes... A better question relating to this thread should be: "to pass the test you need to get atleast 85% in 5 subjects and English"
Now explain it
Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by kenedyx: 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2023
This is so unprecedented..

Asin wtf that clause in the constitution actually means is not even my issue, but that a president elect can be so unpopular in the fct that he did not only fail to win there, but couldn't even get up to 25% of votes.. it's sickening and near nauseating.

Don't even tell me Buhari didn't win there also, like we all don't know those elections were rigged, too.

Really it's a breath of fresh air that Nigerians have actually begun to question these mysterious happenings and demand answers and I only pray the courts to be incorruptible in her judgments this time around.
Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Tradegood: 7:56pm On Apr 13, 2023
Drrnie:

I don't support that obedient sh*t but I just think you aren't getting it right with your quotes... A better question relating to this thread should be: "to pass the test you need to get atleast 85% in 5 subjects and English"
Now explain it

Haba na, upon the long quote wey I just mention your name put now, answer this same exact question, you still come dey ask me again, e no good naah.

I don explain the very answer to this question give you now now, even mention your name put for my last quote.
You fit help me re-read my answer?
Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Drrnie(m): 7:57pm On Apr 13, 2023
Tradegood:

Na only you just understand me for this forum, e just better make e leave me o grin

Bro... Jokes aside, I think you're getting it all wrong with your arguments while @fiercehillz is making a better one
Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Globad(f): 7:58pm On Apr 13, 2023
JJuanMiguel:

What does it mean?

It's tiring!

It's nauseating

I don't know why something so simple could be so difficult to understand.

Anyway, it's because they're full of mischief
Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by ebenezary(m): 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
Drrnie:

Now explain it
This last one enter pass

Even if this election is nullified, obi is not qualified to be the president according to condition to declare anyone presidential elect
Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Drrnie(m): 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2023
Tradegood:

Haba na, upon the long quote wey I just mention your name put now, answer this same exact question, you still come dey ask me again, e no good naah.

I don explain the very answer to this question give you now now, even mention your name put for my last quote.
You fit help me re-read my answer?

I'm not trying to argue with you bruh... What I'm saying is that those sentences you're using to support your argument don't make sense in relation to the thread
Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by YemyTemmy: 8:11pm On Apr 13, 2023
rippa:

🤣🤣

But sincerely , you actually have problem with English comprehension...the OP clearly gave an explanation even the nursery School kids Will understand...yet you chose to just twist things and be unnnesarilly emotional about it all..... We go dey alright las las
Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Drrnie(m): 8:14pm On Apr 13, 2023
ebenezary:

This last one enter pass

Even if this election is nullified, obi is not qualified to be the president according to condition to declare anyone presidential elect

To be honest, I see no way Obi would get that "stolen mandate" thing his people are on about cus he doesn't even qualify or meet the requirement

1 Like

Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by Tradegood: 8:19pm On Apr 13, 2023
YemyTemmy:

But sincerely , you actually have problem with English comprehension...the OP clearly gave an explanation even the nursery School kids Will understand...yet you chose to just twist things and be unnnesarilly emotional about it all..... We go dey alright las las

Thank you.
With this your statement, make I just go sleep, make head no pain me.
Politics section warriors dey try o grin
Re: Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! by dinachi(m): 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2023
Christistruth03:

it is not about the equality of voters across. Are you saying that the rest of the states after 24 states that their votes don't count or that they are inferior?

Useless argument.

Very clearly the framers of the Constitution saw to it that the FCT being a mIcrocosm of Nigeria should contribute at least 25% to the winning candidate. Denying this is like denying your own life.

Let's stop playing abeg.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Almost Set Ablaze By Thugs In Lagos . Evangelist Ebuka Óbị / The Rerun Should Be Only Between Me And Atiku Tinubu Cries / Biafra: Esn In Confrontation With Fulani Herdsmen And K!lled Many Of Their Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.