Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? (2793 Views)

‘we’re Working Hard To Sustain The Saraki Dynasty’ / 5 Facts About O TO GE Slogan And The Collapse Of Saraki's Dynasty / Offical: Dr Ibrahim Oloriegbe Defeats Saraki Dynasty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by Natajo2021: 4:33am On Apr 14, 2023
IT GOT WORSE IN 2023

The ‘O To Ge’ offensive has effectively dethroned him from the status of a kingmaker to a commoner. As things stand, the outcome of the 2023 general election seemed to have nailed the political influence of the family in the state.

Though Bukola managed to win his polling unit in the presidential election, the PDP only secured 29,978 votes while APC won with 47,784 in Saraki’s Ilorin West LGA.

In the end, the PDP secured 136,909 votes, the APC polled 263,572 votes in the state. All the senatorial and house of representatives seats from the state went to the APC.

In the governorship election, Saraki’s party lost all the 16 LGAs in the state to the APC, including Ilorin West. APC also swept 23 of the 24 state house of assembly seats of the state.

IS THIS THE END OF THE SARAKI DYNASTY?

Titilope Anifowoshe, a lawyer and public affairs analyst, in a chat with TheCable, said the 2023 elections broke the last straw on Saraki’s back.

Anifowoshe added that the landslide victory for the APC in Kwara holds so much water on what the PDP needs to learn about the political dynamics of the state.

“The 2023 election in Kwara seems to be the final nail in the coffin of the Saraki Dynasty. Times may change, but there is so much to learn from the overwhelming victory recorded by the APC in Kwara,” Anifowoshe, a Kwara-born lawyer, said.

“Considering allegations of vote buying, it may be too early to attribute the fall of PDP in Kwara to the yearnings of Kwarans for good governance. However, concluding that the political game has changed is safe.”

Anifowoshe further argued that the imposition of party candidates ruined the show for Saraki in the contest.

“A huge percentage of Kwara PDP stakeholders were allegedly dissatisfied with the primaries. The primaries that elected the candidates of PDP were marred by the massive imposition from Bukola’s camp,” the lawyer added.

Beyond that, though, there were also complaints by Kwara civil servants about their welfare.

Abdulrazaq, the governor, has paid salaries regularly and also approved promotions on time, some of the workers told TheCable.

“Our promotions were delayed under AbdulFatah Ahmed, the former governor,” a teacher told TheCable.

“Abdulrazaq had made our welfare his priority and there was no way I would not have voted for him. Most of us are happy with him.”

That means the resuscitation of the Saraki dynasty may take much longer, if it will ever happen

https://www.thecable.ng/kingmaker-turns-commoner-is-this-the-end-of-the-saraki-dynasty-in-kwara/amp

2 Likes

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by theophorus(m): 4:38am On Apr 14, 2023
No Champion Forever.

Everything is about time.
See ehn, where is Abiola, Abacha, Babagida, Etc.
Have you heard of Okotie-Eboh? Zik of Africa, The Great Awo and the Sardana of Sotoko of their time?

The fact is no one remains the Leader for Life, gradually the BAT empire will go down, it's not about wishing someone Evil, it's the fact that whatever goes up will come down.

So if you dey position of Authority today Use and Carefully we'll, so that when you come down, people will welcome You.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by Aufbauh(m): 4:43am On Apr 14, 2023
Honestly I've never seen this kind of political misfortune that befell Saraki before. So unfortunate & pathetic!

A man who mischievously rose to number 3 in the country under the ruling party decided one to cross carpet to the opposition party.

His miscalculations and consequent downfall was probably occasioned by his greed, ego, treachery and possibly karma.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by Natajo2021: 4:46am On Apr 14, 2023
Bukola Saraki, the coup plotter in democratic uniform.
Asiwaju BAT will surely forgive you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by Freshtruth(m): 4:50am On Apr 14, 2023
2 time Governor
1 time senate president what is there for him.to loose. In your family Generation they have not produce a councillor even SUG president u here trolling a MSN your parents we bow for driver

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:15am On Apr 14, 2023
Saraki’s miscalculation and downfall was benefitting from support of the camp of the Headless Mob turned Obi supporters. Once those set of people support you, make no mistake, you are going down no matter how high up the ladder you are.
It happened to Saraki, happened to Dino, happened to Atiku, Ekweremadu, Emeke Ihedioha, Nnamdi Kanu, Dogara, Babachir Lawal, Shehu Sani, Aisha Yesufu, and a host of others. Wike dodged their afflictions.
Mark my words and watch what happens to Peter Obi himself after now. It’s going to be from one misfortune to another.
Whatever you do in life just ensure that those set of people don’t get to be on your side.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by falcon01: 5:16am On Apr 14, 2023
That's how things are supposed to be, do your time retire and allow others do atleast maybe one day My father will reach there or his brother or Sister or me.

1 Like

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by seunmsg(m): 5:22am On Apr 14, 2023
The Saraki political dynasty is dead already in Kwara. A Saraki will never decide who becomes the governor of Kwara again.

7 Likes

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by EeyanMayweather(m): 5:24am On Apr 14, 2023
Saraki decided to dance the surugede dance . He didn't know surugede dance is not for kids.

He took on Bola Tinubu, a phenomenon greater than him in every ramification.
O to ge was the brainchild of Tinubu and the rest is history.

Politically, Kwara state is now unofficially the 7th South western state. The allignment has been very rapid since the arrogant clown called Saraki was uprooted by the Jagaban Borgu.
Tinubu's political sagacity has achieved more for the Yorubas than some charlatans who claim to be more Yoruba than Oduduwa. Charlatans like the spent forces in Afenifere. Smh!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by datola: 5:25am On Apr 14, 2023
You mean a mere commoner Saraki
Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by EeyanMayweather(m): 5:27am On Apr 14, 2023
theophorus:
No Champion Forever.

Everything is about time.
See ehn, where is Abiola, Abacha, Babagida, Etc.
Have you heard of Okotie-Eboh? Zik of Africa, The Great Awo and the Sardana of Sotoko of their time?

The fact is no one remains the Leader for Life, gradually the BAT empire will go down, it's not about wishing someone Evil, it's the fact that whatever goes up will come down.

So if you dey position of Authority today Use and Carefully we'll, so that when you come down, people will welcome You.

When the curtain eventually falls on Asiwaju's reign, rest assured that he would be celebrated like our mythical icon Oduduwa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by EeyanMayweather(m): 5:28am On Apr 14, 2023
Natajo2021:
Bukola Saraki, the coup plotter in democratic uniform.
Asiwaju BAT will surely forgive you.
Asiwaju has been quietly dealing with Saraki since 2016 grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by EeyanMayweather(m): 5:29am On Apr 14, 2023
Freshtruth:
2 time Governor
1 time senate president what is there for him.to loose. In your family Generation they have not produce a councillor even SUG president u here trolling a MSN your parents we bow for driver
Story for the gods grin grin
Even Saraki would slap your flat.skull for spewing this garbage. grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by Natajo2021: 5:35am On Apr 14, 2023
Freshtruth:
2 time Governor

Only Bukola Saraki can tell you the agony and misfortune he is going through.
it is better to be a common man and become famous in life than to be a famous man and be demoted to a commoner in Life.

Same way, "it is better to be poor and become rich than to be rich and become poor. /
Better to move from grass to grace than to experience grace to grass.
I had it before was a past tense.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by Natajo2021: 5:37am On Apr 14, 2023
EeyanMayweather:

Asiwaju has been quietly dealing with Saraki since 2016 grin grin
Remember,BAT quotes below

1 Like

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by madridguy(m): 5:40am On Apr 14, 2023
Saraki greed caused is political downfall. I remember my discussion with a bros back then, I said Saraki is gone for good the moment he plotted the coup with Ekweremandu. He allowed his hunger for Senate president to finished his family dynasty.
Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by Jennymine(f): 5:43am On Apr 14, 2023
Tinubu sef🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by Cantonese: 5:48am On Apr 14, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Saraki’s miscalculation in joining the camp of the Headless Mob turned Obi supporters. Once those set of people support you, make no mistake, you are coming down.
It happened to Saraki, happened to Dino, happened to Atiku, Ekweremadu, Emeke Ihedioha, Nnamdi Kanu and a host of others.
Mark my words and watch what happens to Peter Obi himself after now. It’s going to be from one misfortune to another.
Whatever you do in life just ensure that those set of people don’t get to be on your side.

The headless mob choose better lives over poverty , penury and suffering. They are not blind and bewitched. They do not ignorantly follow leaders, who impoverish and make life miserable for them. Those who they follow are accountable and have integrity. Their leaders do not need to bribe them at the polling booths to get their votes. Their leaders know that they would be shown the way out if they loot the treasury or perform poorly.

Now let’s see your preference.

You prefer leaders who have completely bewitched you; leaders with zero integrity and accountability; those who you do not bother to ask why your life remains miserable; those who give you serpents in place of bread; those who bribe you with two thousand naira and you give them additional four years to make living a hell for you.

“Mark my word”? You? “one misfortune to another”? An accomplished man? A man who has publicly announced that he is very wealthy several times? He was born into great wealth, made his personal wealth and will remain so for eternity. At your age he did not have to struggle to eat as you presently struggle. Where will misfortune meet such a man, settled long ago with a family? Maybe misfortune has been your lot all your life, otherwise at your age you should not be talking about misfortune.

Your childish, baba so pe and irresponsible comment singled out a particular tribe for remark. Why not look at your own tribe for failure to make your example?

Why not even contest the position of the secretary of your street’s tenants association to know what elections feel like?

Jealousy, envy and bitterness never allow people like you make it in life. Clearly you are the kind of NFA youth that others must keep away from, otherwise hard life will be their lot.

3 Likes

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by Cantonese: 5:54am On Apr 14, 2023
seunmsg:
The Saraki political dynasty is dead already in Kwara. A Saraki will never decide who becomes the governor of Kwara again.

Always talking jagbajantis.

PMB contested the Presidency several times before he got it. Whoever believed that APC could be beaten in Lagos state? If the governorship was contested the same day, APC would have been a goner in Lagos. Failure today does not translate to tomorrow’s failure. Rising and falling is part of life. Remaining focused to achieve your goal counts greater than them all. Join a political party and see if permutations are so simple.
Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by Natajo2021: 6:05am On Apr 14, 2023
Cantonese:

The headless mob choose better lives over poverty , penury and suffering. They are not blind and bewitched. They do not ignorantly follow leaders, who impoverish and make life miserable for them. Those who they follow are accountable and have integrity. Their leaders do not need to bribe them at the polling booths to get their votes. Their leaders know that they would be shown the way out if they loot the treasury or perform poorly.

You prefer leaders who have completely bewitched you; leaders with zero integrity and accountability; those who you do not bother to ask why your life remains miserable; those who give you serpents in place of bread; those who bribe you with two thousand naira and you give them additional four years to make living a hell for you.

“Mark my word”? You? “one misfortune to another”? An accomplished man? A man who has publicly announced that he is very wealthy several times? He was born into great wealth, made his personal wealth and will remain so for eternity. At your age he did not have to struggle to eat as you presently struggle. Where will misfortune meet such a man, settled long ago with a family? Maybe misfortune has been your lot all your life, otherwise at your age you should not be talking about misfortune.

Your childish, baba so pe and irresponsible comment singled out a particular tribe for remark. Why not look at your own tribe for failure to make your example?

Why not even contest the position of the secretary of your street’s tenants association to know what elections feel like?

Jealousy, envy and bitterness never allow people like you make it in life. Clearly you are the kind of NFA youth that others must keep away from, otherwise hard life will be their lot.
Why is your life so miserable on a Friday?
This article was published by the cable, you need to attack the cable (message) and leave the messenger alone.

https://www.thecable.ng/kingmaker-turns-commoner-is-this-the-end-of-the-saraki-dynasty-in-kwara/amp

When was the last time you heard any news in the media about Bukola Saraki?
It appears,his political trajectory is downward. Politians really do not like this, rather they want citizens to discuss and idolise them.
I will advise, you leave the op and face your deep bitter soul.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:05am On Apr 14, 2023
Cantonese:

If this is about me then you are definitely mistaken given the fact that I’m doing fine by todays standards. And if you take a bit of time to study my Nairaland antecedent you would see that I’m not poor. But I’m from a very humble background and I started from scratch and benefited no inheritance. However I take pride in my own humble beginnings. And I’m an example of one who rose from obscurity and adversity to substance, not in anyway by my own power, but by the Grace of the Everliving, One True God.
I hate to brag bro but not everyone on Nairaland is poor

3 Likes

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by yemex04(m): 6:11am On Apr 14, 2023
Cantonese:

Lolz
On a lighter note, are you part of the headless mob? You seem so brainy & I think you should give the mob head then.

1 Like

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by juman(m): 6:17am On Apr 14, 2023
Pdp got one third of the votes in the election.
That showed the party is still strong. They can rebound back anytime.
Pdp got some votes in almost all polling unit in the state.
That means their are still many committed pdp members.
So apc has to perform well to retain power
Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by ruffbam(m): 6:31am On Apr 14, 2023
Must Sàràkí dynasty rules Kwara for ever?
What is our problem in this part of the world called Nigeria?
Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by HopeSpencer: 7:03am On Apr 14, 2023
Cantonese:

Obi has joined nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by OkayDaddy: 7:23am On Apr 14, 2023
HopeSpencer:

Obi has joined nairaland. Only him can write with this kind pain.

Una just dey drag Obi for blockus. grin

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by Bhella5(m): 7:28am On Apr 14, 2023
Saraki's downfall can be traced to Olusola Saraki. Obi's Andrews liver salt fame and crash can be traced to Ojukwu. Nuff said grin
Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by gotnel: 7:28am On Apr 14, 2023
Anything can happen politically.
Saraki only need to make realignment in a right corner of Nigeria political field.
There was a mistake from his side.
If he can get it right with the mainstream politically, he will bounce back

1 Like

Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by SpatialKing(m): 7:29am On Apr 14, 2023
Aufbauh:
Honestly I've never seen this kind of political misfortune that befell Saraki before. So unfortunate & pathetic!

A man who mischievously rose to number 3 in the country under the ruling party decided one to cross carpet to the opposition party.

His miscalculations and consequent downfall was probably occasioned by his greed, ego, treachery and possibly karma.

Nothing lasts forever
After May 29 even Buhari will become former
He will no longer enjoy the power of the president
Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by miceroms: 7:35am On Apr 14, 2023
There should not be any kingmaker. The people should decide who they want anytime. When they also feel disenchanted with the person, they can take the ultimate decision to recall the person.
Re: Kingmaker Turns Commoner: Is This The End Of The Saraki Dynasty In Kwara? by OkayDaddy: 8:55am On Apr 14, 2023
Igbos ruined Saraki

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Are A Genius If You Can Interprete This correctly / This Is The Reason Nigeria Is Not Secure / T.A Orji's Wife Picks Pdp Nomination Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.