Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN (11481 Views)

How To Register Your Business On SMEDAN, Free Registration / Friend's Message Cursing His Friend For A Debt Of 5 Years / Femi Otedola Remembers Late Father After 5 Years - Shares Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Islie: 7:14am On Apr 14, 2023
The Director General, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN), Olawale Fasanya has said that over two million businesses in Nano, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (nMSMEs) subsector died between 2017 and 2021 alone, pushing more than six million Nigerians into unemployment market.

He said the death of the businesses was largely caused by insecurity that had denied farmers access to their farms, inadequate access to affordable funds, high cost of doing business, inflation, and lack of access to local, regional and global markets among others.

He made this known at the opening ceremony of cluster empowerment programme on shea butter, organised by the agency in collaboration with the Niger State government, which was held in Minna, the state capital.

Represented by Prof. Fisher Yinka of the Partnership and Coordination Department of the agency, Mr. Fasanya said the cluster empowerment initiative was aimed at reinvigorating the rural enterprises and mainstream them into the formal sector to cushion the effects of the economic downturn on nMSMEs in the country.

The Director General, Niger State Commodity and Export Promotion Council, Fatima Wushishi, said the state produces 196,000 tons of shea butter annually of the 500,000 tons produced annually in West Africa, lamenting that the opportunities in the shea butter businesses had not been properly harnessed in the country.

https://dailytrust.com/over-2m-nmsmes-die-in-nigeria-in-5-years-smedan/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by TemplarLandry: 7:16am On Apr 14, 2023
Believe Nigerian Government's agencies' statistics at your own peril. How did they arrive at that number? I'm looking forward to our upcoming first digital Population and Housing Census, we're about to know our real population for the 1st time.

11 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by blacksam01: 7:18am On Apr 14, 2023
very true...

and there us a solution

10 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Believe Nigerian Government's agencies' statistics at your own peril. How did they arrive at that number?

Even if it may be untrue or inaccurate, businesses are really dying because the Nigerian environment is less favorable to businesses considering decline in economic growth and increasing exchange rates and the inflation rate.
How about the political issues plus non accessibility to new naira notes of recent.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Mindlog: 7:23am On Apr 14, 2023
While Fetus Keyamo who is of the Labour ministry is more bothered with being engaged on Twitter.

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by chatinent: 7:25am On Apr 14, 2023
While I know that most SMEs suffer and experience cessation due to one reason or another, statistics from Nigeria is fake. There are no regulatory bodies who do their work efficiently. It's all bribe and commot face.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Redoil: 7:25am On Apr 14, 2023
APC online minions and goons will come and tell us something else

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by TemplarLandry: 7:26am On Apr 14, 2023
“Died” not “die”. Talking about the headline.
Islie:

The Director General, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN), Olawale Fasanya has said that over two million businesses in Nano, Micro, Small…

https://dailytrust.com/over-2m-nmsmes-die-in-nigeria-in-5-years-smedan/

Nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by thesicilian: 7:27am On Apr 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Believe Nigerian Government's agencies' statistics at your own peril. How did they arrive at that number? I'm looking forward to our upcoming first digital Population and Housing Census, we're about to know our real population for the 1st time.
The figure may even be way more than that. The Nigerian business environment is super harsh

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by CodeTemplar: 7:31am On Apr 14, 2023
What about the over 20 million jobs that emerged?
Banditry, thuggery, cyber fraud, ritualist killers, kidnappers, prostitution, drug trafficking, human trafficking, betting, extortion and political looting?

Buhari is trying abegi...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by CodeTemplar: 7:32am On Apr 14, 2023
desoldhy:
Nigeria kills businesses
...yes and help more businesses grow. Buhari has tried abegi...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by RamseyKush: 8:33am On Apr 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:

It's believe this is just a mere estimation..

I have seen many petty traders are closing down due to lack of patronage..
I expect the numbers to skyrocket after those fools remove the subsidy lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by sonature1: 8:46am On Apr 14, 2023
These people keep electing clueless people to drag everyone into abject penury.

Before 2015 election, one northerner told me on Facebook that even if Buhari would drag everyone into hellfire, he would still vote for the man.

That's the kind of mentality that keeps taking this country backwards in everything.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by maivd: 9:17am On Apr 14, 2023
Lol point of correction,buhari killed over 2million businesses with his anti people policy.

8 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Observinho: 9:17am On Apr 14, 2023
Quite sad...Nigerians have endured a lot and they truly deserve better! Never again shall affliction rise a second time.
Meanwhile...can any one help with an answer this question:
If peter Obi's followers are called Obidients, and Tinubu's followers are called Jagabandits, what do we call Atiku's followers?

3 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by PrinceofSarcasm: 9:17am On Apr 14, 2023
This is the reality APC hides from you all

1 Like

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Todaymedia: 9:17am On Apr 14, 2023
Watch what happened between Governor Charles Soludo and Peter Obi at the 1 year Anniversary in Anambra State

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oIMIYaxOFk
Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:18am On Apr 14, 2023
Its no news i know of one man that has moved to five different locations in one year and eventually believed na village people. You have to be smart to survive by taking some extreme measures. I believe my igbo brothers know what am talkin about 😂

3 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by alibiz: 9:19am On Apr 14, 2023
I will accept the figure because it says over 2m.

1 Like

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:19am On Apr 14, 2023
Even 2022/2023 cashless policy affected it the more

3 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by bigiyaro(m): 9:20am On Apr 14, 2023
That is the handwork of APC, expect more to follow

6 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by WHITELIGHTER: 9:20am On Apr 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:

If they said 2m, that means the actual number should be like 5m...look around u, how many businesses are still surviving since 2015??! U see different business In a particular shop every 12months

6 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Reference(m): 9:22am On Apr 14, 2023
They said Nigeria is doing well and they are leaving the country better than they met it..... undecided
So someone is economical.... with nothing else but the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Aremwayne: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2023
It will become worse when grandpa comes in..

3 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Kubin: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2023
Ordinary 2million, nothing much by 2025 let see what will happen

1 Like

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Ttipsy(f): 9:23am On Apr 14, 2023
APC slayed them all with insecurity

1 Like

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Dimehook: 9:23am On Apr 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
You think it's not true, lol, on an average, more than 20% of startup business dies in their first your, more than 30% the second year, more than 50% the 4th year, its just the reality

5 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Aboguede(m): 9:23am On Apr 14, 2023
Somebody said that buhari is the combination of bad luck and bad man shocked

5 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2023
Redoil:
APC online minions and goons will come and tell us something else

They will say it was PDP. I nearly chook one idiot bottle when e say na now Nigeria make sense. And the maxambulla is from Benue state. The same Benue State way them day massacre them everyday, courtesy of APC government , na em the bastard day talk plenty nonsense.

God save am.

3 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by ceaser: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2023
I'm sure 3.5 million of those died within 6 months under the new Naira Policy of Emefiweele.

He has commited serious infractions including contesting for political office as a public officer under the same party he works for, and without first tendering his resignation.

He must be tried once he is out of that position.

2 Likes

Re: Over 2m Businesses Die In Nigeria In 5 Years – SMEDAN by DennisEche(m): 9:24am On Apr 14, 2023
A lot died under PMB , we were far better off under PDP than what we have now. Instead of the opposition parties to form alliance and uproot the evil APC they divided themselves and Tinubu won again under the same evil party. Just like Soludo said , Obi knew he was never going to win but headless social mobs gingered him and he ended up giving victory to APC.
To those that may want to quote me because of their emotional sentiment, I wont reply you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Business School Tips / First Bank Unveils Promo To Reward Verve Card Users / Gtbank Launches Social Network Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.