Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,031 members, 7,866,901 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

The Central Bank Assumes Custody Of Bank Dormant Account Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Central Bank Assumes Custody Of Bank Dormant Account Funds (210 Views)

Strike: NLC forces closure of Bank, Chase Out Workers In Lagos / SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances / UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Central Bank Assumes Custody Of Bank Dormant Account Funds by newsc: 9:41am On Apr 14, 2023
A new regulatory framework established by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) will allow it to seize billions of naira from dormant accounts, store them, and use the revenues to buy treasury bills and other government securities.

The CBN recently released a guideline that details the management procedures for funds trapped in dormant accounts, potential uses for the funds, pending customer refunds, compliance expectations, monitoring and evaluation, dispute resolution, and sanction for violations. The guideline is dated August 6 but was just released...

https://www.thenews-chronicle.com/the-central-bank-assumes-custody-of-bank-dormant-account-funds/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Re: The Central Bank Assumes Custody Of Bank Dormant Account Funds by TemplarLandry: 9:44am On Apr 14, 2023
This isn't fair. What of those incarcerated, doing long years behind bars? When they come out, they come to nothing? This should be reviewed.

1 Like

Re: The Central Bank Assumes Custody Of Bank Dormant Account Funds by Jostoman: 10:55am On Apr 14, 2023
If i go to my bank to re activate my account and they tell me nonsense about the money i have inside the account. Me and that bank go meet for court.
Re: The Central Bank Assumes Custody Of Bank Dormant Account Funds by Flapp478(m): 11:06am On Apr 14, 2023
Nothing will stop Emiefele from going to Jail as soon as he tenure elapses

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Made The 100 Most Influential People 2023 List / Why Africa Should Prepare For A Global Future Of Sustainable Energy, By Osinbajo / At The Plenary; The Bill For The Est. Of National Institute For Security Studies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.