Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Stubborn App - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stubborn App (1347 Views)

How Can I Remove This Stubborn Spyware / How To Root Your Stubborn Andriod Device In A Click / How To Remove A Stubborn Program In Windows That Just Won’t Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stubborn App by ozueozue(m): 10:37am On Apr 14, 2023
Hi Fellow Nairaoanders.
Straight to the point, I'm finding it difficult to get rid of this particular unknown app in my phone, "GENIEX" thats the name of this App. I don't know how it got to my phone after series of deleting it will be successful delete but in weeks in will be back.
Pls Family, is my phone bugged or someone somewhere is having access to my phone.
I use Tecno Camon 15.
Pls help out

Re: Stubborn App by CartelKenneth: 10:38am On Apr 15, 2023
Go and buy iPhone
Re: Stubborn App by favourRN(m): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2023
ozueozue:
Hi Fellow Nairaoanders.
Straight to the point, I'm finding it difficult to get rid of this particular unknown app in my phone, "GENIEX" thats the name of this App. I don't know how it got to my phone after series of deleting it will be successful delete but in weeks in will be back.
Pls Family, is my phone bugged or someone somewhere is having access to my phone.
I use Tecno Camon 15.
Pls help out

If you have repeatedly deleted the "GENIEX" app from your Tecno Camon 15 but it keeps reappearing, it's possible that it might be a system app or a pre-installed app that comes with your phone. Sometimes, such apps can be automatically updated by the phone's software, which can explain why the app keeps reappearing.

However, to ensure that your phone is not bugged or someone is not having access to it, you can take the following steps:

Check for malware: Install an antivirus app on your phone and scan it for any malware or viruses that may be causing the issue.

Update your phone: Make sure your phone's software is up to date. Go to Settings > System > Software Update and check for any available updates. If there is an update, install it.

Reset your phone: If the above steps do not work, you may need to reset your phone to its factory settings. Before you do this, make sure to backup all your important data as resetting your phone will erase all data.

To remove the "GENIEX" app, you can try the following steps:

Go to Settings > Apps > All apps > find and select "GENIEX".

Click on "Uninstall" or "Disable".

If you are unable to uninstall the app, you can try to remove its permissions or turn off any notifications associated with the app.

If none of these steps work, it's possible that the "GENIEX" app is a system app that cannot be removed without rooting your phone. In this case, it's best to seek the help of a phone technician or customer support from Tecno.

1 Like

Re: Stubborn App by ozueozue(m): 11:03am On Apr 17, 2023
Thank you, I will do just that... appreciate

favourRN:

If you have repeatedly deleted the "GENIEX" app from your Tecno Camon 15 but it keeps reappearing, it's possible that it might be a system app or a pre-installed app that comes with your phone. Sometimes, such apps can be automatically updated by the phone's software, which can explain why the app keeps reappearing.

However, to ensure that your phone is not bugged or someone is not having access to it, you can take the following steps:

Check for malware: Install an antivirus app on your phone and scan it for any malware or viruses that may be causing the issue.

Update your phone: Make sure your phone's software is up to date. Go to Settings > System > Software Update and check for any available updates. If there is an update, install it.

Reset your phone: If the above steps do not work, you may need to reset your phone to its factory settings. Before you do this, make sure to backup all your important data as resetting your phone will erase all data.

To remove the "GENIEX" app, you can try the following steps:

Go to Settings > Apps > All apps > find and select "GENIEX".

Click on "Uninstall" or "Disable".

If you are unable to uninstall the app, you can try to remove its permissions or turn off any notifications associated with the app.

If none of these steps work, it's possible that the "GENIEX" app is a system app that cannot be removed without rooting your phone. In this case, it's best to seek the help of a phone technician or customer support from Tecno.

1 Like

Re: Stubborn App by Lanretoye(m): 1:56am On Apr 18, 2023
So people still dey face this problem,omo that thing can frustrate person...just relax man.
What happened is that the app when uninstalled has a residual file that reinstalls the app again so until that file is deleted or the phone is wiped,the app will keep coming again.what you do is download a file manager,forgot the one we used those years,you can search for all files pertaining to the app and delete them from the file manager,that’s all:
Re: Stubborn App by Raymondeville: 11:50pm On May 17, 2023
I'd suggest for you not to get rid of the app as it's really helpful
It's just a 3rd sim in your phone there's no harm in trying it out
On my first data purchase I got 1gb for #1. And today I purchased a 4gb monthly plan for just #600 don't be deceived the app is harmless

Re: Stubborn App by Dareal90s(m): 8:31am On Dec 17, 2023
Just install Zapya app, launch it and long-click on Geniex, you will get some options, click on uninstall. This worked for me.

(1) (Reply)

T Mobile MDA IV Release Date And Price / Current Prices Of Nokia Phones In Nigeria / Phones ''be Elite And Be Social"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.