Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,984 members, 7,828,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (477 Views)

GVR Visits Makoko Slum In Lagos (Photos) / How Abba Kyari Died Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos - By LASG / Where Seized Maxokada And Gokada Bikes Are Kept By LASG - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by blackfish(m): 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2023

3 Likes

Re: . by optionalY09: 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2023
the criminals in that place should be asked to leave, letโ€™s clean up that slum

1 Like

Re: . by Tntsi: 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2023
Story. Is makoko the only slum in lagos?
Lagos is the biggest contradiction in world Today.

3 Likes

Re: . by blackfish(m): 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2023
optionalY09:
the criminals in that place should asked to leave, letโ€™s clean up that slum
You are very right. It seems the government doesn't want to take that bold step.
Re: . by headofschool: 1:25pm On Apr 14, 2023
seconded the motion for second reading

Honourable colleagues, Mr Speaker; I Honourable headofschool second this motion and urge the house to treat as urgent. Having an area like that does not only disfigure the face of our state but also breeds diseases and criminal activities. I believe if handled rightly, the area could be cleaned and serve as important recreational area for the state. We could have property developers get down on it to establish massive structures that will fetch the government more money (Properties with Sea view). The residents of Makoko needs to be saved from destroying themselves with this lifestyle, however government should put proper relocation plan in place not just evacuation notice. I support a greater Lagos, eko oni baje o! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ™
Re: . by blackfish(m): 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2023
headofschool:
seconded the motion for second reading

Honourable colleagues, Mr Speaker; I Honourable headofschool second this motion and urge the house to treat as urgent. Having an area like that does not only disfigure the face of our state but also breeds diseases and criminal activities. I believe if handled with rightly, the area could be cleaned as serve as important recreational area for the state. we could have property developers get down on it to establish massive structures that will fetch the government more money. The residents of Makoko needs to be saved from destroying themselves with this lifestyle, however government should put proper relocation plan in place not just evacuation notice. I support a greater Lagos, eko oni baje o! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ™
Thank you very much for your input.
Re: . by ba7man(m): 1:43pm On Apr 14, 2023
Makoko is an environmental disaster.

The blue smoke from kerosene usage that polutes the air of that location, the use of the water as their toilet and waste disposal on such a scale should not be tolerated due to sentimental reasons......meanwhile some people are feeding of renting out shanties and water allocations for constructing more shanties.

It's also a vast, dirty, depressing eyesore located at the most vantage point possible.

They should be relocated and the waterfront put to better use to improve the Lagos state environment.
Re: . by blackfish(m): 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2023
ba7man:
Makoko is an environmental disaster.

The blue smoke from kerosene usage that politest the air of that location, the use of the water as their toilet and waste disposal on such a scale should not be tolerated due to sentimental reasons......meanwhile some people are feeding of renting out shanties and water allocations for constructing more shanties.

It's also a vast, dirty, depressing eyesore located at the most vantage point possible.

They should be relocated and the waterfront put to better use to improve the Lagos state environment.
Exactly. Thank you for the detailed analysis.
Few love the status quo there as they are gaining from it massively.

1 Like

Re: . by optionalY09: 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2023
blackfish:
You are very right. It seems the government doesn't want to take that bold step.

We will let them know directly now that Lagocians are asking for the cleanup of that slum. We will communicate directly with the government to take actions
Re: . by blackfish(m): 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2023
optionalY09:

We will let them know directly now that Lagocians are asking for the cleanup of that slum. We will communicate directly with the government to take actions
That will be very lovely to see.

(1) (Reply)

Congratulations To All PDP Family / Leadership Tussle Rocks Osun Assembly As Members-elect Drag Speaker To Court / I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.