Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads (19218 Views)

Madagascar Passes Bill To Castrate Child Rapists / New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People / Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by OloyeVIII: 9:12am On Apr 15, 2023
iHateFraudsters:
When the world starts blocking US products, na then they go know say no be only them dey block.

They blocking Chinese products because they perform better then theirs.
Nah.. The chinese are into data theft and surveillance.. I don't use Whatsapp due to data leaks.. i've been on Signal, Threema and Dust for 5yrs now, i'm literally a ghost online..no FB, IG, Tic tok, Snaps.. they are watching us and i found out in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by MarketDispatch: 9:13am On Apr 15, 2023
RamseyKush:
Tictok na one foolish app..

It's used to access people's data, the owners are probably selling it to those who wanna use it for dark purposes..

Thank God I nodh use am sef..

What about Facebook and Google? Don't they access people's data. I think the popularity of TikTok is what is affecting USA
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by chatinent: 9:13am On Apr 15, 2023
Omniman:
tik tok is a data mine field

And Facebook is not?
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by tolexy007(m): 9:14am On Apr 15, 2023
Debater:

Bross, what are you saying? grin cheesy
I have about 10 Facebook friends who are Chinese, and we chat using that Facebook translate stuff
Go and sit down Jare
No vess smiley

they must have changed Thier VPN, b4 dey can access Facebook.
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by alade00: 9:15am On Apr 15, 2023
erai30:
THIS IS A COUNTRY WHERE EVERYTHING WORKS, UNLIKE MY COUNTRY WHERE ONLY CRIMINALS THRIVES AND BARONS BECOME PRESIDENT-ELECT. grin
A democratic country restricting freedom of speech?
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by OloyeVIII: 9:17am On Apr 15, 2023
RamseyKush:

It's used to access people's data, the owners are probably selling it to those who wanna use it for dark purposes..

They don't know.. Ever wonder why 2go was taken down? That was the most secured messenger, no back ups, no traces..no archives
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by chatinent: 9:18am On Apr 15, 2023
Some people here are saying TikTok is a data mine.

Seriously?

Which app spies on users more than all Meta products the most?

Is it Facebook that reads everything? Even your browser history from other sites?

Or WhatsApp that lied messages are end to end encrypted?
Or Instagram that can access everything on your phone?

Or which one self?

Or na Google LLC? Google that controls everything on your device? Or na Apple? Which one!

The greed to be the giant is what’s killing the US. They hate a takeover!

If the world comes against their products, they’ll fall!
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by wirinet(m): 9:19am On Apr 15, 2023
Debater:
If you notice, the Americans are swiftly against everything Chinese
After Obama calmed things down, Donald Trump sparked the fire again.
Now, last month I was watching US Senate (Congress) debate on restricting or even banning TikTok.
They claimed that TikTok spies on its users and saves their personal information into their database.
China is now debating on banning Facebook and all Meta products.
Nawa for child's play
The world is just watching these two strong countries fight like babies smiley

That's what I am yet to understand. Even though I don't use TikTok, is what US authorities accusing TikTok of doing the same thing Facebook, Google and all US companies are also doing, which is gathering (or rather spying) on users data?

Is there something I am missing?

3 Likes

Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by 007Marvel(m): 9:20am On Apr 15, 2023
Haylel:
The only media where you can get news from both sides is Tiktok.

US does not care if it's Russia or Chinese, they fear that it will be impossible to push any agenda they want.

Imagine if Gaddafi pushed against the petrodollar in this Tiktok era.

By the way, Tiktok's CEO is Singaporean. Where is the misinformation that Tiktok is Chinese coming from?

So many of you do not speak fact but assumptions! ByteDance Ltd, a Chinese company based in Beijing but registered in the Cayman Islands (as do most Chinese app so they can be accepted globally) owns Tiktok.
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by kiddkash(m): 9:21am On Apr 15, 2023
JoeEeL:
TIKTOK GOING GAGA ON ACHRAF HAKIMI

HAKIMI THANK YOU BOSS FOR SHOWING US THE WAY.

This werey western civilisation wey dem won use choke us no go work. Eboue portion shall never be ours.

Aseeeeeee...
You still remember what was done to Emmanuel Eboue. Dude almost committed suicide

1 Like

Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by Ahmback(m): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2023
imagine trying to block Google grin grin grin
welcome to the Stone Age
iHateFraudsters:
When the world starts blocking US products, na then they go know say no be only them dey block.

They blocking Chinese products because they perform better then theirs.
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by vincentbravo(m): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2023
Very good. TikTok is a total distraction for American youths. A manipulation from the Chinese.
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by stano2(m): 9:23am On Apr 15, 2023
RamseyKush:

keep shut… of what use is your data. TikTok has been used to reveal a lot and spread truth. Reason they want it down.

You are talking about data, do you know how many times there have been evidence against Facebook selling people data.

1 Like

Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by franugo(m): 9:23am On Apr 15, 2023
Debater:
Oga, please who gave you phone?
Is Facebook Chinese app
Is Whatsapp Chinese app
Is Instagram Chinese app
Is Twitter Chinese app

All these are Western Apps
How many Chinese apps is China even using?
Please know what how saying before you talk

Seems like you're making the other fellow's point. Did you actually understand his comment?

1 Like

Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by Ahmback(m): 9:23am On Apr 15, 2023
well, Google is your phone; the Android. You can't do without it
chatinent:
Some people here are saying TikTok is a data mine.

Seriously?

Which app spies on users more than all Meta products the most?

Is it Facebook that reads everything? Even your browser history from other sites?

Or WhatsApp that lied messages are end to end encrypted?
Or Instagram that can access everything on your phone?

Or which one self?

Or na Google LLC? Google that controls everything on your device? Or na Apple? Which one!

The greed to be the giant is what’s killing the US. They hate a takeover!

If the world comes against their products, they’ll fall!
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by franugo(m): 9:24am On Apr 15, 2023
Haylel:
The only media where you can get news from both sides is Tiktok.

US does not care if it's Russia or Chinese, they fear that it will be impossible to push any agenda they want.

Imagine if Gaddafi pushed against the petrodollar in this Tiktok era.

By the way, Tiktok's CEO is Singaporean. Where is the misinformation that Tiktok is Chinese coming from?

It's stated in the op that TikTok's major shareholder is a chinese company
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by chatinent: 9:24am On Apr 15, 2023
Technological countries are avoiding apps from other technological countries to avoid spying.

We in Nigeria just use anything anyhow anywhere anyhow.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by Mrbenny001: 9:25am On Apr 15, 2023
TikTok is demonic
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by MrBroke(m): 9:26am On Apr 15, 2023
SenatePresdo:

What I mean is that, you may not know the exact data they are collecting.

And most times, it's just your activity on the internet.

Most of this app go so far, to tracking your call logs, having access to messages and emails, and even your gallery. some you might need to grant access while some with malware don't need any access. Although i don't use tiktok so i don't know anything about that app

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by chatinent: 9:30am On Apr 15, 2023
You may not know but TikTok is also banned in China. Chinese use a local version called Douyin accessible to them alone.

Every other app you know for social messaging is banned in China and are accessible with VPNs alone.

Even AppStores in China are banned from allowing installation of VPNs.

E choke
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by BigName101: 9:36am On Apr 15, 2023
Risingblue008:
Sometimes,
USA leadership problems resemble 9ja own somehow

grin grin grin
Means to keep urself happy Dem don place ban ontop,.
Na their obese women depression go kill na. Na tiktok them be dey use console their self under the guise of body positivity 😂 😂
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by sonymax16(m): 9:37am On Apr 15, 2023
You are so ignorant of the real usefulness of Tiktok
RamseyKush:

Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by BinamRex: 9:38am On Apr 15, 2023
Debater:
If you notice, the Americans are swiftly against everything Chinese
After Obama calmed things down, Donald Trump sparked the fire again.
Now, last month I was watching US Senate (Congress) debate on restricting or even banning TikTok.
They claimed that TikTok spies on its users and saves their personal information into their database.
China is now debating on banning Facebook and all Meta products.
Nawa for child's play
The world is just watching these two strong countries fight like babies smiley

China is now debating on banning Facebook. 😂😂😂 Facebook is banned in China. Snapchat, Google, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc are all banned in China. Western countries are even gracious enough to have allowed Tiktok and WeChat to operate freely for so long.

India even banned Tiktok. What do you have to say about this?
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by mastermaestro(m): 9:41am On Apr 15, 2023
Debater:

Bross, what are you saying? grin cheesy
I have about 10 Facebook friends who are Chinese, and we chat using that Facebook translate stuff
Go and sit down Jare
No vess smiley

And they live in China? undecided
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by chatinent: 9:45am On Apr 15, 2023
Ahmback:
well, Google is your phone; the Android. You can't do without it

Do we have an option in Nigeria?

No.
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by okrikaboi: 9:47am On Apr 15, 2023
Tiktok follow for why me and my ex break up. Very nonsense app!
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by Antipob777(f): 9:47am On Apr 15, 2023
Im sure Peter obi is taking note. This must be his first action as he reclaim his stolen mandate _ obedients
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by Franklinshaddy(m): 9:48am On Apr 15, 2023
I can wait for this Useless app to be band all around the world
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by Ahmback(m): 9:48am On Apr 15, 2023
no option around the globe
chatinent:

Do we have an option in Nigeria?

No.
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by BloomingDale(f): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2023
motionarena:
Naija Govt Should ban it too naija girls have turn it to their Olosho headquaters

Always policing women. When will you police your fellow men that are out there committing crimes and ruining the image of the country?
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by Bluntemperor: 9:52am On Apr 15, 2023
spy24:
The US and their unnecessary beef with China

Many of us don't know what we say on America- some is from Religion point of views,etc!
Do you know that virtually everything in China is stolen - from USA and the European!
Do you know that,for instance, the Chinese government will send 100- Chinese to other Countries, especially American Universities,only to discovered that 99.9% are Govt- Spying Agents- stealing their Secrets as Students and here in Africa,you are talking like this- so USA should be looking on?
Why do you think the Chinese are always don't want their girls or Females to marry Foreigners and always warning them again divulging the Chinese Secret?
Re: Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads by Debater(m): 9:55am On Apr 15, 2023
tolexy007:

they must have changed Thier VPN, b4 dey can access Facebook.
Yh I Gerrit now
One of them said he doesn't live in China

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fight Breaks Out in Sierra Leone Parliament (video) / ANC Resolves To Downgrade Embassy In Israel / Afghanistan: Women To Study In Gender-Segregated Universities - Taliban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.