Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead (829 Views)

Clement Westerhof: FG Redeems 25-year-Old House Promise To Ex Super Eagles Coach / Ex-Enyimba Vs Ex-Super Eagles Players At Enyimba Aba Stadium - 1 - 0 / Ex Ivorian Football Star Emmanuel Eboue Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by Maxymilliano(m): 4:47am On Apr 15, 2023
Former Super Eagles midfielder, Emmanuel Ebiede, has died after suffering Hepatomegaly (enlargement of the liver), according to reports.

Ebiede passed on Friday in Port Harcourt at the Rivers State University Teaching Hospital.

He was a member of the Flying Eagles squad at the African Youth Championship in 1995.

United Kingdom-based football administrator, David Doherty confirmed the death of the former SC Heerenveen player.

Doherty said, “I just spoke with the daughter who confirmed to me that Emmanuel is dead.

“I’m very sad as we speak. This was someone whom I spoke with two days ago to know how he was faring.”

Doherty had gone on a campaign to raise funds for Ebiede’s treatment at the time the news broke about his condition.

Ebiede had two caps for the Super Eagles, making his debut under Serbian Bora Milutinovic in the 1-0 win over Iran in a pre-1998 World Cup friendly on January 28, 1998.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/ex-super-eagles-star-ebiede-is-dead/

Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by gaby(m): 4:56am On Apr 15, 2023
Rest on patriot...
Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by oz4real83(m): 5:06am On Apr 15, 2023
Your country failed you just same way it failed majority of its citizens embarassed, rest on man🙏🏼
Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by madridguy(m): 5:37am On Apr 15, 2023
It is not a must to comment in a top like this. R. I. P is enough and stop painting Nigeria black.

The greatest opportunity a country can give her citizen is to allow him/her to represent them in an international sport events.

Many people prayed for such opportunity which they didn't get.

R. I. P hero.

oz4real83:
Your country failed you just same way it failed majority of its citizens embarassed, rest on man🙏🏼
Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 15, 2023
Damn it !
Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by oz4real83(m): 5:58am On Apr 15, 2023
madridguy:
It is not a must to comment in a top like this. R. I. P is enough and stop painting Nigeria black.

The greatest opportunity a country can give her citizen is to allow him/her to represent them in an international sport events.

Many people prayed for such opportunity which they didn't get.

R. I. P hero.

the more reason why you should have just said nothing rather than this nonsense that came out from that your mouth. Citizens of this country have been making sacrifices just to make a country better and the govt has always failed to reciprocate the sacrifices of the citizens. Nigerians are suffering and dying everywhere because of clueless leadership and you open your mouth to say this?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by madridguy(m): 6:01am On Apr 15, 2023
Will you go back to your bed and stop saying what you are saying. What happened to we the citizen to help one of our heroes? His colleagues and his previous clubs?
The FG cannot do it all alone.

oz4real83:
the more reason why you should have just said nothing rather than this nonsense that came out from that your mouth. Citizens of this country have been making sacrifice just to make a country better and the govt has always failed to reciprocate the sacrifice of the citizens. Nigerians are suffering and dying everywhere because of clueless leadership and you open your mouth to say this?
Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by oz4real83(m): 6:11am On Apr 15, 2023
madridguy:
Will you go back to your bed and stop saying what you are saying. What happened to we the citizen to help one of our heroes? His colleagues and his previous clubs?

u think people around him just folded their hands to watch him die? Do you know how much help came from people around him before he died? So you think Nigerians, despite the hardahio, will just fold hands and watch their neighbor die without helping? There is always an extent to people's abilities, when will we start having a good healthcare system? Even when the funds are available, Nigerians are only availed with healthcare systems were students will be experimenting with patients, I once watched my dad die on hospital bed, not because the funds were not available, but because the healthcare workers were clueless, a student doctor removed what they put on my dad through which drip or blood could be given him. When he went into crisis, they wanted to give him blood again but couldn't because of somebody's cluelessness. There are many avoidable deaths with a good healthcare which we don't have here.

1 Like

Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by Didijiji: 6:17am On Apr 15, 2023
madridguy:

your mumu Dey increase

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by madridguy(m): 6:39am On Apr 15, 2023
Like your uncle own.

Didijiji:
your mumu Dey increase
Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by madridguy(m): 6:40am On Apr 15, 2023
So what do you do to the said student?

oz4real83:
u think people around him just folded their hands to watch him die? Do you know how much help came from people around him before he died? So you think Nigerians, despite the hardahio, will just fold hands and watch their neighbor die without helping? There is always an extent to people's abilities, when will we start having a good healthcare system? Even when the funds are available, Nigerians are only availed with healthcare systems were students will be experimenting with patients, I once watched my dad die on hospital bed, not because the funds were not available, but because the healthcare workers were clueless, a student doctor removed what they put on my dad through which drip or blood could be given him. When he went into crisis, they wanted to give him blood again but couldn't because of somebody's cluelessness. There are many avoidable deaths with a good healthcare which we don't have here.
Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by dandyspak: 7:20am On Apr 15, 2023
Chai! Senior man as I fondly call you. This man was a friendly man and a very good friend. A talented footballer. He really suffered because he didn't have money and investment to fall back on after retirement. When we were staying together in the same area in PortHarcourt around 2019, I had thought of creating Avenue for Nigerians to raise fund for him to better his life because he was really suffering but I felt it wont sell since am not an influencer. It was a major concern to me until I moved out of that neighbourhood then other issues of life be clouded my thought. Then this morning I woke up to the news of his demise.
Nikkio! May soul rest in peace
Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by Freshtruth(m): 7:37am On Apr 15, 2023
Rip. Nigeria is a heartless country Tammy and saka don't feel bad u made the right Decision. My son becomes a footballer in future and have chance to earn just 2caps for England I will encourage him to play for England
Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by Freshtruth(m): 7:45am On Apr 15, 2023
dandyspak:
Chai! Senior man as I fondly call you. This man was a friendly man and a very good friend. A talented footballer. He really suffered because he didn't have money and investment to fall back on after retirement. When we were staying together in the same area in PortHarcourt around 2019, I had thought of creating Avenue for Nigerians to raise fund for him to better his life because he was really suffering but I felt it wont sell since am not an influencer. It was a major concern to me until I moved out of that neighbourhood then other issues of life be clouded my thought. Then this morning I woke up to the news of his demise.
Nikkio! May soul rest in peace
That y knowledge is very important if you have 10billion today without knowledge you already a poor man in advance I hope otedola children don't end up wasting is wealth when he is no more. I once had a yahoo boy friend who pick 8 million d ist thing e did was to pay for hotel for 2yrs and buy an expensive car I ask him to invest he laugh at me and told me the woman(maga) promise to send 30 million next month till today 30m he no see hotel he stay for only 9months the car he sold it as we speak he is not married he is back at his parents house cry at d age of 36. Money is a visitor when he visits welcome him well
Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by MISTAICEY02288(m): 7:57am On Apr 15, 2023
Rest In Peace Sir. That’s Naija for you. People don’t care about each other in this country. Imagine how many of these celebrities have died all because they never got the proper care and support they should have gotten both from friends, colleagues and even the Healthcare system.

These celebrities will be flaunting their wealth to taunt others, but when a colleague is down with sickness and needs financial assistance and help to be flown abroad and treated, they wouldn’t do anything, leaving him to die..

Our Healthcare sector is very poor too. A lot of people have died over things that could have been avoided or treated if there was proper Healthcare system. It’s a shame!
Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by Rapmoney(m): 8:46am On Apr 15, 2023
God rest his soul.
Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by ExAngel007(f): 9:03am On Apr 15, 2023
R.I.P
Re: Ex-super Eagles Star, Emmanuel Ebiede Is Dead by sisisioge: 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2023
It is well, we are nothing but pencils in the hands of the creator. May God rest him well.

(1) (Reply)

Chess Open Trials! / Mikel Da Ba Ru Fa Cup Oooooo ! / Flying Eagles Are Sowing High!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.