Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Job Offer In Scotland Vs Nottingham England. Which Is Preferable? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Job Offer In Scotland Vs Nottingham England. Which Is Preferable? (1190 Views)

Ireland Or England Which Is Very Easy To Migrate To And Become A Citizen / British Airways Flight To Germany Mistakenly Lands In Scotland / Nigerian Nightlife Enthusiasts Explore The Glenfiddich Distillery In Scotland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Offer In Scotland Vs Nottingham England. Which Is Preferable? by elloso(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2023
Hello fam.
Please I need your help. I have a job offer in Scotland ( Aberdeen ) and I also have another offer in Nottingham England. Their pay is almost the same, it's only the welcome incentives that vary, but I'm more interested in the long term.

Please I will like our elders in this forum to help me out by giving me information on the cost of living in these areas, housing etc.
Re: Job Offer In Scotland Vs Nottingham England. Which Is Preferable? by franktolk(m): 2:02pm On Apr 15, 2023
Where in Scotland?
Re: Job Offer In Scotland Vs Nottingham England. Which Is Preferable? by elloso(m): 2:14pm On Apr 15, 2023
franktolk:
Where in Scotland?
Aberdeen

1 Like

Re: Job Offer In Scotland Vs Nottingham England. Which Is Preferable? by elloso(m): 5:48pm On Apr 15, 2023
Baba seun
Lalasticlala
Justwise
Please help me on this 🙏

1 Like

Re: Job Offer In Scotland Vs Nottingham England. Which Is Preferable? by royalfly(m): 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2023
[quote author=elloso post=122530504][/quote]

How did you get the job, I would like to apply and take this route.
Re: Job Offer In Scotland Vs Nottingham England. Which Is Preferable? by Akorkor(f): 9:54am On Apr 17, 2023
If you want lower cost of living and to save more, choose scotland. If you want higher cost of living, choose England.

Scotland is cheaper than England even with the higher tax been paid in Scotland. Life is peaceful and more welcoming than England.
England is expensive but have more job opportunities than scotland. Tax is lesser than Scotland but it does not matter as you will spend it on something else anyways.

If you have kids, education is free early with more hrs in Scotland than England.

6 Likes

Re: Job Offer In Scotland Vs Nottingham England. Which Is Preferable? by elloso(m): 10:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
Akorkor:
If you want lower cost of living and to save more, choose scotland. If you want higher cost of living, choose England.

Scotland is cheaper than England even with the higher tax been paid in Scotland. Life is peaceful and more welcoming than England.
England is expensive but have more job opportunities than scotland. Tax is lesser than Scotland but it does not matter as you will spend it on something else anyways.

If you have kids, education is free early with more hrs in Scotland than England.

Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer In Scotland Vs Nottingham England. Which Is Preferable? by JeffreyJunior: 3:23am On Apr 18, 2023
Cost of living is relatively cheaper in Aberdeen compared to Nottingham but you get paid more and may have better opportunities to grow in the latter than in the former.

If the two jobs have similar pay, you may consider going to Aberdeen for now.

It's relatively cheaper except if you eat out a lot like I did. I find their fast food costlier than in Nottingham though. Moving around in rentals and taxis costs higher too including moving around in public transportation.

It's been awhile I visited so there may have been recent updates that I'm not aware of.

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer In Scotland Vs Nottingham England. Which Is Preferable? by elloso(m): 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
Cost of living is relatively cheaper in Aberdeen compared to Nottingham but you get paid more and may have better opportunities to grow in the latter than in the former.

If the two jobs have similar pay, you may consider going to Aberdeen for now.

It's relatively cheaper except if you eat out a lot like I did. I find their fast food costlier than in Nottingham though. Moving around in rentals and taxis costs higher too including moving around in public transportation.

It's been awhile I visited so there may have been recent updates that I'm not aware of.

Shalom.
Thanks for your response. Can we talk privately?
Re: Job Offer In Scotland Vs Nottingham England. Which Is Preferable? by JeffreyJunior: 3:58am On Apr 19, 2023
elloso:

Thanks for your response. Can we talk privately?
Not at the moment sir, I'm not able to. I'll reach out when I can.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Living In Western Europe? Sign In For October 1st Party! / Visa Free Countries For Nigerians / Free Aero Flight Lagos-abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.