Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

My Nairaland Corner - Far From The Maddening Crowd - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Nairaland Corner - Far From The Maddening Crowd (298 Views)

What Was Your Happiest Moment In 2018 So Far? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? / Crowd At AA RANO Filling Station Sokoto State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nairaland Corner - Far From The Maddening Crowd by y3mi(m): 1:23am On Apr 17, 2023
a Corner thread where I like to quote and reply to reasonable posts from Nairaland front page topics.
Re: My Nairaland Corner - Far From The Maddening Crowd by y3mi(m): 1:24am On Apr 17, 2023
Octopusssy:
I think the adjective 'simp' is arguably the most misused adjective on this forum, and perhaps on social media. I recall when, some time ago, I was ill and my significant other washed my clothes (hand wash o) he laughingly remarked "if my guys see me washing your clothes, they will call me a simp".

That got me thinking. Does showing care to your partner make you a simp? The toxic social media Alfamails seem to think so. The same 'alpha males' wey no dey give their mama monthly allowance, talk less of her holding their net worth for them, but are here shouting "Hakimi is our hero!" (we are not ready for THAT conversation).

I saw this post on Facebook and decided to repost it with permission.
The term simp is not even an adjective - I think the majority on this forum don’t even realize that it’s a shortened version of the noun “simpleton” which means ‘Ápa’ in Yoruba - a gullible and foolish person.

An individual who has a penchant for behaving irrational. In the context of its original meaning, a male and a female can be a sucker for love, as their are ladies who simps for certain type of guys as well. So I don’t get where all the fuzz is all about regarding Nairaland resident redpillers and their bandwagon of alpha-males wannabes who persistently fail to realize that the monsters our females have turned out to be today in the Nigeria society are mostly are as results of the actions of the menfolks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Corner - Far From The Maddening Crowd by PrinceofSarcasm: 3:07am On Apr 17, 2023
y3mi:
Daily and weekly dose of respsonse to Nairaland front topics.

What are you taking ?
Tramadol?
Re: My Nairaland Corner - Far From The Maddening Crowd by y3mi(m): 12:54am On Apr 23, 2023
GreyLaw:
DOA!

Mr. Jack Dorsey, go and create something different, something new! You have the money and the brains. Not in this world or that to come will you rival an established brand as twitter if you are offering exactly the same services they are offering. You of all people should know.

It's just like waking up from the left side of your bed and deciding to produce another youtube. How do you want to succeed?
Exactly my thought, nobody comes into the fray with the same concept, it’s just plain dumb! One can launch another YouTube if there’s a kink of innovation to it, but reinventing the wheel is is just not smart. Trump started TruthSocial out of spite to Twitter banishment, that we can understand but one would have expected JD to think of something totally different, not another social-network of the microblogging type. Ideas Rule The World but not everyone rich can think multidimensionally like the Alphabet guys are doing, look at Zuckerberg - all his products revolves around Social Media, from acquiring IG, WA to building Meta into VR.
Re: My Nairaland Corner - Far From The Maddening Crowd by y3mi(m): 12:55am On Apr 23, 2023
omoredia:
The name is not even catchy at all. Who doesn't know the sky is blue? Dumb
Dumb, bland and cheeky! Ur then again, it could just be a working title just to test things.
Re: My Nairaland Corner - Far From The Maddening Crowd by y3mi(m): 10:34am On Oct 12, 2023
Objectivity is an abhorrence to most.

Nigerians are by default deep and swift in the disposition to presume and misjudge others. I will blame the loss of cultural ethics,varying moral values and the silly embrace of religion.

(1) (Reply)

TAJ Bank Director, 4 Others Charged For Money Laundering / Briansclub Cm Carding Techniques To Protect Your Finances / 4 Home Appliances That Consumes Energy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.