Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

How Do You Process 'lafun' From Cassava Tubers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Do You Process 'lafun' From Cassava Tubers (414 Views)

How To Process Garri From Cassava / How To Make Money From Cassava Farming In Nigeria / Cassava Products:garri ,lafun And Pupuru Available. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Process 'lafun' From Cassava Tubers by ceeceeuwa: 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2023
I would appreciate feedback on how to make lafun. Just got some cassava tubers and I think processing it to Garri will be difficult as I have no means to fry it.
Re: How Do You Process 'lafun' From Cassava Tubers by Waffarianman(m): 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2023
What is lafun do you mean fufu or akpu
Re: How Do You Process 'lafun' From Cassava Tubers by Abojupupa: 5:57am On Apr 19, 2023
ceeceeuwa:
I would appreciate feedback on how to make lafun. Just got some cassava tubers and I think processing it to Garri will be difficult as I have no means to fry it.
Peel the tubers, cut them into pieces and soak in water until it gets very soft. After some days, take it out of water, spread in the sun until it dries up. Ensure that rain water does not fall on it, otherwise it will lose its white colour.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Process 'lafun' From Cassava Tubers by ceeceeuwa: 7:22am On Apr 19, 2023
Abojupupa:

Peel the tubers, cut them into pieces and soak in water until it gets very soft. After some days, take it out of water, spread in the sun until it dries up. Ensure that rain water does not fall on it, otherwise it will lose its white colour.
Thanks. Do you Mill it after it dries up?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Process 'lafun' From Cassava Tubers by benzion72(m): 8:30am On Apr 19, 2023
author=Abojupupa post=122607455]
Peel the tubers, cut them into pieces and soak in water until it gets very soft. After some days, take it out of water, spread in the sun until it dries up. Ensure that rain water does not fall on it, otherwise it will lose its white colour. [/quote]

After soaking bring them inside rice or sugar sack and place stone on it to reduce the water, then spread it out to dry

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Process 'lafun' From Cassava Tubers by CodeTemplar: 9:18am On Apr 19, 2023
Substitution of products, if rice is too much, switch to corn, cassava and wheat. Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Ram Rearing Needed / Get Day Old Chicks From Reliable Source / Coconut Charcoal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.