Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt (1466 Views)

Woman Sells Daughters For N300,000 In Ogun (photo) / Woman Sells Her Brother’s N18m Property While He Was In Prison Abroad / Woman Sells 3-year Old Daughter For N280,000 To Settle Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by Bontafa: 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2023
I Sold My Daughter N600,000 to Settle Debt - Ogun Woman

A 33-year-old woman, Olaide Adekunle, has been arrested by men of the Ogun State police command for allegedly selling off her 18-month-old baby to a yet-to-be-identified buyer at the rate of #600,000.

The suspect was arrested following a complain lodged at Sango divisional headquarters by the woman's husband, Nureni Rasaq, who reported that his wife, Olaide Adekunle, left home to Lagos on the 15th of March 2023 with their baby girl by name Moridiat Rasaq, but returned home without the baby. He stated further that all efforts to know what happened to the baby proved abortive as the woman was unable to give any reasonable account of whereabout of the said baby.

Upon the report, the DPO Sango division, CSP Dahiru Saleh, detailed his detectives to go after the said woman, and she was promptly arrested. On interrogation, the suspect confessed that she has sold her baby to someone in Lagos at the rate of six hundred thousand naira (#600,000).

When asked the reason for her action, she stated that she borrowed money from a microfinance bank, and when she was unable to pay back the money, the bank agents started disturbing her and threatening to deal decisively with her. It was consequent upon this that she ran to Lagos and started hawking sachet water. She said it was while hawking that she met a man who introduced her to the woman that eventually bought the child in Lagos .

Confirming the arrest, the spokesperson of the state police command, SP Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the acting Commissioner of Police, DCP Babakura Muhammed, has directed that the suspect be transferred to State Criminal Investigation Departments for further investigation and possible recovery of the baby.

Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by Arda1000(m): 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2023
These loans merchants should take it easy on people,many have even taken their lives because of their pressures

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by proeast(m): 5:06pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lol, so things have become that terrible over there. The woman even looks like death already grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by MadamExcellency: 5:11pm On Apr 17, 2023
Leave the woman alone. The child has gone to a better family that can take care of her. The only problem I have with this; is that the new family will not be open to the child about the original parents which is the child's right to know.

I know you will be thinking of my opinion about the"sperm donor"? I have none.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by SisterAnn(f): 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
Chai!
Looking at her, you would know she can't even take care of herself talkies baby.

But she get mind Sha.
Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by Bringbackmandat: 5:27pm On Apr 17, 2023
This is just the beginning, let tinubu tenure start.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by AdaojoTheUrchin: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2023
Bontafa:
I Sold My Daughter N600,000 to Settle Debt - Ogun Woman

A 33-year-old woman, Olaide Adekunle, has been arrested by men of the Ogun State police command for allegedly selling off her 18-month-old baby to a yet-to-be-identified buyer at the rate of #600,000.

The suspect was arrested following a complain lodged at Sango divisional headquarters by the woman's husband, Nureni Rasaq, who reported that his wife, Olaide Adekunle, left home to Lagos on the 15th of March 2023 with their baby girl by name Moridiat Rasaq, but returned home without the baby. He stated further that all efforts to know what happened to the baby proved abortive as the woman was unable to give any reasonable account of whereabout of the said baby.

Upon the report, the DPO Sango division, CSP Dahiru Saleh, detailed his detectives to go after the said woman, and she was promptly arrested. On interrogation, the suspect confessed that she has sold her baby to someone in Lagos at the rate of six hundred thousand naira (#600,000).

When asked the reason for her action, she stated that she borrowed money from a microfinance bank, and when she was unable to pay back the money, the bank agents started disturbing her and threatening to deal decisively with her. It was consequent upon this that she ran to Lagos and started hawking sachet water. She said it was while hawking that she met a man who introduced her to the woman that eventually bought the child in Lagos .

Confirming the arrest, the spokesperson of the state police command, SP Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the acting Commissioner of Police, DCP Babakura Muhammed, has directed that the suspect be transferred to State Criminal Investigation Departments for further investigation and possible recovery of the baby.

After voting rubbish, hunger go dey force dem to sell their pikin for chop money. Useless things. Ewedu muslims and phoney characters.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by abobote: 6:05pm On Apr 17, 2023
Tribalistic heading
Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by ibechris(m): 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2023
A Nigerian woman...whether we like it or not.

Make una dey do unself.

Tribalism will finish una for this country.
Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by Blissful45(m): 6:25pm On Apr 17, 2023
Why the use of "Yoruba woman" in your caption? You guys need to grow above this ethnic nonsense.
Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by KwuoteYourFada: 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2023
Everything they accuse others of they do worse!

Drug? Them yakpa there 😂

Fraud? Na them get am

Rape? Na them

Hate? Jeeez they literally beat up their people that are looking fresh thinking they're beating one tribe people like That

Ritual? Na Thier logo be that no argument 🤪

I no call anybody name o 😂..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by Basilokumo93: 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2023
Let me pipe low for now until this thread reach front page

Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by Bontafa: 7:35pm On Apr 17, 2023
ljoh:
That baby will be taken to Ogun State where he will be used for rituals.

AfghanWestern sabi sell properties

Ijoh even you ?

Hahahahah I think say u been dey side Bola last year
Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by Bontafa: 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
ljoh:

I'm not ljoh not Ijoh,
He's impersonating me

Oh I see
Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by Franzinni: 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2023
Haha I read on one thread say Dem dey lock unah for house every Monday against unah will all the way from finland and unah no fit talk pim! But unah dey nairaland dey call people wey dey accommodate unah cowards haha

The irony
Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by JpBiz92: 7:58pm On Apr 17, 2023
Who give her belle sef?
Re: Yoruba Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt by JpBiz92: 8:20pm On Apr 17, 2023
Bontafa:

Moh247
it looks like what he can do.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Cultists Arrested For Forcing Girls Into Lesbianism / Man Cuts Off Maid’s Neck For Refusing To Sleep With Him / Picture Of A Girl Kidnapped In Zaria By Ritualists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.