Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira (704 Views)

Tinubu Has Solution For Impact Of Subsidy Removal, Says Oshiomhole (Video) / Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira by skultrick(m): 10:02am On Apr 18, 2023
I asked ChatGPT what will be the effect of subsidy
removal on the naira. Here's what he has to say.

The removal of fuel subsidy can have both short-term and long-term effects on the value of the naira. In the short-term, the removal of fuel subsidy can lead to an increase in the price of fuel, which can cause inflationary pressures in the economy. This can cause a depreciation of the naira as the purchasing power of consumers decreases, leading to a decrease in demand for the currency.

However, in the long-term, the removal of fuel subsidy can lead to a reduction in the government's expenditure on fuel subsidy, which can free up resources for investment in infrastructure and other areas of the economy. This can lead to increased economic growth, which can increase the demand for the naira, leading to an appreciation of the currency.

Overall, the effect of fuel subsidy removal on the naira will depend on a variety of factors, including the implementation of appropriate economic policies and the response of investors and consumers to the change in fuel prices.

I also asked ChatGPT how subsidy removal will affect NGN/USD rate, here what he has to answer.

It is difficult to predict with certainty how the removal of fuel subsidy in Nigeria will impact the exchange rate between the Nigerian naira and the US dollar. There are many factors that can influence the value of a currency, including economic conditions, political stability, inflation, interest rates, and international trade policies, among others.

In general, the removal of fuel subsidy could lead to an increase in the price of fuel, which could result in higher inflation and a weaker currency. However, it is possible that the removal of fuel subsidy could also lead to improved economic conditions, such as increased revenue for the government, which could strengthen the currency.

Ultimately, the impact of the removal of fuel subsidy on the exchange rate will depend on a variety of factors, including the overall state of the Nigerian economy, the government's economic policies, and global economic conditions.

My deduction is that subsidy removal will definitely skyrocket prices of goods especially with the greedy nature of the average Nigerian. This will in turn result in inflation, purchasing power will be low and demand for naira will fall.

However, if govt implement good policies and utilise the money judiciously, the naira will see a rebound in the long-term. Otherwise, its otilo

And as far as I'm concerned, Tinubu isn't ready to serve, there are too many thieves.

In conclusion, we'll most likely see a slightly weaker naira against the USD

1 Like

Re: Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira by Moh247: 10:03am On Apr 18, 2023
Artificial intelligence...
Re: Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira by TheManPregnant: 10:05am On Apr 18, 2023
Moh247:

Is not God. No one knows until it is done. We can only speculate on the outcome at this moment.
Re: Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira by OneCandleAway(f): 10:07am On Apr 18, 2023
Moh247:

That's what will control the world very soon.
Re: Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira by Moh247: 10:08am On Apr 18, 2023
OneCandleAway:

That's what will control the world very soon.

I wish people can capitalize on it on Forex, and stock trading or even gambling

Remember Fifa football game software predicted successfully two world cups
Re: Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira by Moh247: 10:09am On Apr 18, 2023
TheManPregnant:

Is not God. No one knows until it is done. We can only speculate on the outcome at this moment.

Sure nothing is certain
Re: Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira by falcon01: 10:21am On Apr 18, 2023
So what should I do now? Should I buy assets or leave my money in da bank? Should I buy dollars or leave it as Naira? Because Nigeria economic has Made me loose a lot.
Re: Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira by MasterJayJay: 10:33am On Apr 18, 2023
falcon01:
So what should I do now? Should I buy assets or leave my money in da bank? Should I buy dollars or leave it as Naira? Because Nigeria economic has Made me loose a lot.
Use your money and buy land..Start farming because people will always chop. And prices of food will definitely increase.

2 Likes

Re: Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira by MrBiGGEST(m): 10:38am On Apr 18, 2023
The Ai is telling you that if the removal of subsidy is backed by a good govt policy.
We're most likely to have a good economy in the long run.

The govt have already made the decision on what's they're going to do .. we can only hope they've what it takes to make it work.
Re: Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira by Joey4321: 11:15am On Apr 18, 2023
Going by Nigeria's history of mismanagement......

You know what's next.
Re: Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira by Joey4321: 11:16am On Apr 18, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Use your money and buy land..Start farming because people will always chop. And prices of food will definitely increase.

Best advice my dad gave me.

Buy lands. Genuine lands. Buy as much.

Even if value does not increase. Farming is always an option.
Re: Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira by Jokerman(m): 11:16am On Apr 18, 2023
Just buy Ijebu garri plenty for house...
Re: Chatgpt On Effect Of Subsidy Removal On Naira by opebajo11: 12:04am On Jun 04, 2023
Available

(1) (Reply)

Security Operatives Fight At Bola Tinubu’s Inauguration [video] / Gunmen Kill Community Chief, Abduct 3 Others In Kwara / "The List Is Filled With Former Governors,and Fake Prophecy" – Shehu Sani Commen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.