Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,053 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press (1017 Views)

Rufai Oseni Calls Out On Those Who Vote Based On Religion And Tribe / Olusegun Odebunmi, Sponsor Of Press Gagging Bill, Suspends It For Consultation / Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by DesChyko: 10:52am On Apr 18, 2023
Popular Journalist, Rufai Oseni, called out NBC for not issuing a fine to NTA for a live broadcast of the supposed winner of Adamawa gubernatorial elections; an exercise which was far from over and not within the purview of the REC to announce. INEC has since nullified the actions of the REC, Hudu Ari, saying it is an usurpation of INEC hierarchy and the electoral law.

In a tweet shared on Tuesday, 18 of April at 8:51 AM, Oseni said It would be on Record that the state broadcaster took an illegal acceptance speech live of an election nullified by INEC and hours after NBC has not fined the broadcaster,yet they gag other media.Welcome to Nigeria!

Recall that Channels Television was fined for a live broadcast where the Vice Presidential Candidate was said to have made inflammatory sentences and Seun Okinbaloye failed to rein him in. It is expected that since the REC was not questioned over bypassing the law by the State broadcaster, they're as guilty. If anything, NTA went one further to air the acceptance speech of the announced winner, Aishatu Binani.

https://twitter.com/ruffydfire/status/1648232763173097472?t=XE-RZcbZpqBDfBo6qTTyLA&s=19

2 Likes

Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by Iyamehi: 10:54am On Apr 18, 2023
Let them keep exposing themselves

4 Likes

Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by slivertongue: 10:56am On Apr 18, 2023
State institutions under Buhari are doing eye service

3 Likes

Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by inoki247: 10:56am On Apr 18, 2023
Lol na NTA Wu go fine dem....

Shey na Lai go pay the money....

He go jus be like sending money from my Firstbank to my UBA...

1 Like

Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by MasterJayJay: 10:56am On Apr 18, 2023
NBC, DSS are attack dogs of APC.

POLITICAL BANDITS are insisting that Binani won Adamawa governorship election.

When it was clear that Binani was trailing, someone not qualified to announce result announced results and you are rejoicing.

This is not a case of being ignorant but a case of your education being useless and being a liability to mankind like Chuba Okadigbo said.

"If you are emotionally attached to your tribe, religion or political leaning to the point that truth and justice become secondary considerations, your education is useless. Your exposure is useless. If you cannot reason beyond petty sentiments, you are a liability to mankind " Chuba Okadigbo

Guidelines for collation and announcement of GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION:

The Presiding Officers send results of poll to the RA Collation Officer; RA Collation Officer collates and sends result to LGA Collation Officer;
LGA Collation Officer collates results and sends to State Returning Officer;
State Returning Officer collates results from LGA Collation Centres, declares the result and returns the winner as Governor elect for the State.

REC (Resident Electoral Commissioner) is not authorized to announce results. It is the duty of the Returning Officer.

3 Likes

Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by Moh247: 11:02am On Apr 18, 2023
NBC fining NTA makes no sense both are FG agency under Min of Information
Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by Tntsi: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
No need. How many people watch nta?
Nta is like tvc. Even their owners do not watch them. grin

5 Likes

Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by Epistasis(m): 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2023
NBC should fine NTA, that Rufai is super daft.
Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by FreeStuffsNG: 1:53pm On Apr 18, 2023
Tntsi:
No need. How many people watch nta?
Nta is like tvc. Even their owners do not watch them. grin
Smh. This was the kind of opinion that made many of you not to know that most voters in the core North and Yorubaland do know who Mr Obi is.

NTA and TVC have far more viewers with real people than your microcosm Arise Tv for only the minority Igbo population in Nigeria.

NTA is not for the mob and woke who live in the virtual Social media world. If Rufai is comparing the broadcast by a REC who is still in his active role as an infraction then all Tv stations that had interviewed and broadcast REC results should be fined too.

It is unreasonable to compare that to an interview where a defeated candidate was calling for a coup and declaring himself the winner. Mr Datti should actually be prosecuted same way the REC is recommended to be prosecuted.
check my signature for free stuffs!

1 Like

Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by Nightwolf1: 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. This was the kind of opinion that made many of you not to know that most voters in the core North and Yorubaland do know who Mr Obi is.

NTA and TVC have far more viewers with real people than your microcosm Arise Tv for only the minority Igbo population in Nigeria.

NTA is not for the mob and woke who live in the virtual Social media world. If Rufai is comparing the broadcast by a REC who is still in his active role as an infraction then all Tv stations that had interviewed and broadcast REC results should be fined too.

It is unreasonable to compare that to an interview where a defeated candidate was calling for a coup and declaring himself the winner. Mr Datti should actually be prosecuted same way the REC is recommended to be prosecuted.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Since you have decided to defend the indefensible, let me ask, Which NTA and TVC are you talking about have more viewers than Arise TV and Channels? It's obvious you dream without falling asleep and wake up with a relapse memory.

As for the ethnic angle which you deliberately introduced into the conversation, I put it to you that only Thîefnubu dogs, and the Yoruba minority population in Nigeria are the ones watching those discredited channels you mentioned.

3 Likes

Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by CorrectionFLuid: 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2023
The quietist salafism

Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by seanfer(m): 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2023
Rufai should take note that the Election was not nullified as he claimed.
Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by raumdeuter: 2:46pm On Apr 18, 2023
When will Rufai talk about the alleged London detention of Obi or was he gagged from that too
Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by CorrectionFLuid: 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
After wrecking the country, they run away

1 Like

Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by Nzogbu2012: 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2023
Rufai dey smoke Igbo.....

NTA is a Federal govt establishment and.NBC is a federal.govt parastal....

rufai is just cashing out with ELL-PEE and Obi Peter money....different brown and.blackenvelopese would have been exchanging hands to do this illogical Broadcast for LP and Obi people...

I'm also not supporting any candidate for free anymore....if Festus keyamo, Dino melaye, FFK, Rufai Oseni, Kenneth okowo etc can monetize their talents and career and educational skills for corrupt politician use....i can also so the same thing....

I have the skills and the ability to market any political candidate even doubt he or she doesn't have any credible track record....

Corrupt politicians should contact me for more details....i need to cash out like Bejami. hundeyin, Rino Omokri Dele Alake, etc...

No free campaign work again. After all of these politicians are rogues ....they are all different of the same people ....
Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by ifihearam: 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2023
Rufai is the most uesless, biased and unprofessional journalist in africa. I will take any other person serious not this LP apologist.

Show me a clip or tweet of rufai condemning or bashing obi and I will show you 30 of Asiwaju/atiku.

Same rufai that drove on a one way and threatened the officer with knowing the governor?

Why did he not report on the tapped conversation between obi and Oyedepo?

Why did not not report of the arrest, detention and deportation of obi?

Why? but if were tinubu he would open his nose like boiled groundnut to speak.

God punish am.
Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by CorrectionFLuid: 3:24pm On Apr 18, 2023
First female governor is guaranteed to come from the south, or the middlebelt. For some reasons, it can never come from a region with a considerable population of a particular religion.

1 Like

Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by CorrectionFLuid: 3:26pm On Apr 18, 2023
Nightwolf1:

Since you have decided to defend the indefensible, let me ask, Which NTA and TVC are you talking about have more viewers than Arise TV and Channels? It's obvious you dream without falling asleep and wake up with a relapse memory.

As for the ethnic angle which you deliberately introduced into the conversation, I put it to you that only Thîefnubu dogs, and the Yoruba minority population in Nigeria are the ones watching those discredited channels you mentioned.
Una get time dey reply that thing

2 Likes

Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by CorrectionFLuid: 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2023
slivertongue:
State institutions under Buhari are doing eye service

More like Nigeria under APC is on self destruct.

2 Likes

Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by Ofunaofu: 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2023
angry
Re: Rufai Oseni Calls Out Biased NBC Over Partisan Gagging Of The Press by Vinnie2000(m): 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2023
The Palms of NBC has been Greased by Tinubu and the APC Northern Cabals.

But the Good thing is that these Evil Elements Will soon Experience a 'Tower of Babel' Scenario Amongst Themselves.

They Will FIGHT and KILL themselves.

(1) (Reply)

Schools From Lai MOHAMMED'S VILLAGE / STATE / Meet Tunji Adeleke. Chairman Of LG Service Commission In Osun State. / BREAKING: NLC Declares Indefinite Strike Nationwide, Says FG Failed To Meet Dema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.