Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) (1420 Views)

Itel, Airtel Launch Itel A60, Africa's Most Affordable 4G Smartphone / Is Samsung's 8K TV, Q800t (2020) Worth 2.5 Million Naira?! / Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
With a brand value of 74.3 billion rands (1.9 trillion naira), MTN is South Africa’s most valuable brand, according to the Brand Finance South Africa 100 2023 ranking report.

Brand Finance said that it looks at over 5,000 of the biggest brands and ranks them according to sector and country.

MTN’s brand value grew by over 24% and is South Africa’s most valuable brand for the 12th time in the last 13 years.

Brand Finance added that MTN’s brand value is up 50% from its pre-pandemic level, saying that this is impressive considering the difficult operating conditions and the complex geopolitical environment in which the brand operates.

MTN’s brand value is almost double the value of Vodacom (brand value up 33% to R39.8 billion), which is the second most valuable South African brand.

Despite Vodacom (SA's largest mobile provider by subscriber numbers) not operating on the same scale as MTN, Brand Finance said that it outperformed its competitor in several key metrics, including customer satisfaction, usage, reputation, quality and customer service.

“It is invariably the case that when economic conditions are particularly challenging, strong brands show off their pedigree. As the world economy and South Africa recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic the brands that have continued to invest in their future are prospering,” Jeremy Sampson from Brand Finance said.

Banking strength

Brand Finance said that South Africa’s banking brands showed impressive brand value growth in 2022, with the sector having five brands in the top-ten.

It is also the most valuable sector in the rankings, making up 24% of total brand value.

The combined value of the eleven banks included in the ranking was R146.5 billion – R25 billion more valuable than the telecoms sector, which is second.

Standard Bank (brand value at R29.7 billion) is the most valuable banking brand for a second consecutive year, and the third most valuable brand overall.

The bank’s 27% year-on-year growth widened the gap with FNB (brand value up 5% to R26.1 billion) and Absa (brand value up 19% to R25.3 billion), the fourth and fifth most valuable brands in South Africa, respectively.

Investec (brand value up 15% to R16.8 billion) has risen three places since last year’s rankings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by illicit(m): 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
I have a feeling that when u subscribe MTN data

One of their staff uses it with u

undecided

10 Likes

Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
Fastest growing brands

Spar SA, South Africa’s sixth most valuable brand, is the fastest-growing brand in South Africa, up by 48% to a brand value of R21.4 billion (N650 billion).

Despite the challenging operating condition across 2022 – particularly load shedding, Spar SA opened 41 new stores in 2022 and recorded 6% growth in revenue and increased forecast revenues.

Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2023
Sustainability

Brand Finance also looks at the specific attributes that drive overall brand value. One attribute is sustainability, which is growing rapidly.

Brand Finance uses the ‘Sustainability Perceptions Score’ to measure how sustainable specific brands are perceived.

A value linked to sustainability perceptions, the ‘Sustainability Perceptions Value’, is also measured for each brand.

MTN is not only South Africa’s most valuable brand but also had the highest Sustainability Perceptions Value (SPV) of all the brands in the report – ranking at R8.6 million.

Brand Finance said that this indicates that MTN’s brand value is connected to sustainability perceptions (11.6%).

MTN’s sustainability Perception Score was 5.23 out of 10m, the 10th highest in the ranking.

However, Woolworths SA (brand value up 25% to R21.7 billion) had the highest Sustainability Perceptions Score, 6.02 out of ten, with the brand recognised as a pioneer in the sustainability field.

Woolworths SA’s high Sustainability Perceptions Score correlates to just under R2 billion in value contribution to the brand.

Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by Hatrick01: 7:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hatrick01:

Naira Landers, as Wannahowzit's biggest troll - let me announce that I'm in love with him

OMG, Hatrick01 (also known as EmiDon11) I always knew something was fishy with you.

I see you have since deleted your gay post but I was already replying so it's captured in my response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by Hatrick01: 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2023
WannaHowzit:

OMG, Hatrick01 (also known as EmiDon11) I always knew something was fishy with you.

I see you have since deleted your gay post but I was already replying so it's captured in my response.
mynd44 Seun dominique mukina2

Blackmail
Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:55pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hatrick01:

Blackmail

Investigations will reveal who's the victim here. You're trolling me 😭😭😭
Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by Mabizeka: 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Investigations will reveal who's the victim here. You're trolling me 😭😭😭
Gaybriel.
Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by starstaz(m): 10:33pm On Apr 18, 2023
The man 'Howzitt is bringing this brand news update to us. . Thanks man!

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by FootballConnect: 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2023
This is called generational wealth. It’s not always about the money but brand value.

Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by Hatrick01: 5:46am On Apr 19, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Investigations will reveal who's the victim here.
Funny u, nairalanders can tell the owner of that typo up there....

You're trolling me
trolling u of bieng gay and still proffessing luv to you at thesame time...

Keep on shooting ur self at the leg.

We enjoy the sound of the gunshot.

Leaky azz Kaffir

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by MrBONE2(m): 5:54am On Apr 19, 2023
grin
Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by wisdomkid: 8:05am On Apr 19, 2023
Wow, Nigeria is MTN largest customer base, and South Africans are despising Nigerians in their country.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by EmiDon11: 9:51pm On Apr 20, 2023
Wow
Seems as if op is wallowing in banned bin section.
Hahahahahaha
Weak man.
Irongalaxy the prat, whats up?
Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2023
EmiDon11:
*Wannahowzit the leaky gay azz nigga......

*How are u doing in the ban bin section?

*Hope u are having a good time with tmksouth? grin grin grin grin grin

*Dont worry, it wont take time.... 1 year isnt that bad.....

***Ugly ret.ard, next time, learn how to respect ur landlord......

What you on about, loose piece of poop floating in an Enugu gutter?

Check how you loosing your mind seeking my attention for every little dumb thing on NL ⬇️☹️☹️☹️

So you're also swaggerjack, on top of Emidon and Hatrick01. And talking to yourself in 3 way conversations?☹️☹️☹️💩💩💩

2 Likes

Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by EmiDon11: 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Check how you loosing your mind seeking my attention for every little dumb thing on NL

So you're also swaggerjack, on top of Emidon and Hatrick01. And talking to yourself in 3 way conversations?

lol

Dumbness unto dumbness
Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by EmiDior(m): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Check how you loosing your mind seeking my attention for every little dumb thing on NL
So you're also swaggerjack, on top of Emidon and Hatrick01. And talking to yourself in 3 way conversations?
mumu of the first order.

Where did u run to?
Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by Sepukku: 11:19pm On Apr 24, 2023
WannaHowzit:
Fastest growing brands

Spar SA, South Africa’s sixth most valuable brand, is the fastest-growing brand in South Africa, up by 48% to a brand value of R21.4 billion (N650 billion).

Despite the challenging operating condition across 2022 – particularly load shedding, Spar SA opened 41 new stores in 2022 and recorded 6% growth in revenue and increased forecast revenues.

Eish, that load shedding neh.

Have you bought your inverter or solar system. I have good supplier network here. I can help.
Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 12:42am On Apr 25, 2023
Sepukku:

Eish, that load shedding neh.

Have you bought your inverter or solar system. I have good supplier network here. I can help.

Supplier says lights will be back in 2 hours time (as the app always accurately states) 🇿🇦🇿🇦🇿🇦

When's your lights coming back? Now,or May, or June in 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by Sepukku: 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Supplier says lights will be back in 2 hours time (as the app always accurately states) 🇿🇦🇿🇦🇿🇦

When's your lights coming back? Now,or May, or June in 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

I live in Abuja so light is not too much of an issue.

By the way how is the sounds of generators now. Are you getting used to it. I can help with suggestions.
Re: South Africa's Most Valuable Brands Revealed - MTN Worth 2 Trillion Naira (PICS) by eyeses: 4:37am On May 08, 2023
illicit:
I have a feeling that when u subscribe MTN data

One of their staff uses it with u

undecided
lol, I've experienced the fast data usage on my TECNO device too, but I believe it's not only them, even other networks so it has to be that data has generally become expensive.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Lucky Lady Won The TECNO 100% Cashback On The TECNO Black Friday Offer / Please Help,my Earphone Is Charging My Battery. / Airtel Swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.